Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:30 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol so now it's racist to run against and not vote for Obama?
this.

Of course I've yet to hear a progressive say that to not vote for Obama was "racism"; but of course they can't explain why opposing him before the election is somehow different than opposing him after.

Such is "progressive" logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It will be extremely racist. Considering one of the candidates is horribly racist, what else do you expect?
Exactly. President Obama has been the worst player of the race card and has indulged racist remarks from people in his administration, his church attendance, and also his campaign remarks (public and "private").

Atty Gen. Holder was absolutely correct - this nation is cowardly when it comes to talking about race. And this is Exhibit A. Any criticism, protest, or opposition to President Obama is labeled "racist." I was "racist" when I voted for Hillary Clinton in the primaries. People who opposed the stimulus bill were "racist." Paul Ryan's budget plan is "racist." People who question Obama's birth certificate do it only because he is (half) black. Enough is enough. And I have a feeling the American public in general is sick and tired of this from media personalities. I know I am.

And continued rhetoric about this from the media will work the opposite of its intended infliction of "guilt" - people will turn away from the President, not toward him, with these lines, these types of attacks on the American public.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
I didn't watch the video, but what is he suggesting? Does he think President Skippy's supporters might actually vote based on qualifications in 2012 instead of race?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
tavis feels cheated. all his life he's been missing an 'r' in his name, so maybe he's compensating by squealing the 'r-word' over and over again.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So now it is racist to run against Obama's policies?

RealClearPolitics - Video - Tavis Smiley: 2012 Will Be "The Most Racist" Election Ever

yep, Tavis Smiley played the Tea Party is racist lie. Taxpayer funded don't ya know.
The democrats have been playing the race card for decades, even though the republicans have not been racist. It was 0bama and other democrats who played the race and gender card last presidential election, of course they think republicans will do the same, since it is what the democrats intend to do. Just because democrats are racists does not mean everyone else is too.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
More racist than when George "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" Wallace ran?

This country was a lot more civilized under "segregation".

Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Or maybe they mean we will see more Black Panthers at the polling places trying to scare people from voting again.

Hmmm lets see....

Black Panthers in a 99% black neighborhood chasing away Blacks who tend to vote for the Democrat.

I'd think you'd be all for that.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I bet it burns up the neo-progs at Berkeley that Savage got his Ph.D. from them. Bet they also wish they hired him for a tenure track and kept him out of the limelight. It's a good thing universities cannot recall degrees.

Bet you also didn't know that Dr. Savage wrote books and published journal articles on homeopathic remedies for sick children.
Don't care to know anything about that racist hatemonger. He's playing a role to make money. What a scumbag.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I didn't watch the video, but what is he suggesting? Does he think President Skippy's supporters might actually vote based on qualifications in 2012 instead of race?
Watch the whole interview, rather then just a clip.
The Last Word

Since it was about the birther Turnip, I mean Trump, and how he is playing to the worst in the tea party and was not a blind attack of all of the people in the tea party, just the idiots who are racists and are tea party supporters and use the 'take back my country" mantra, to mean, take the country back to the 1800's.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This country was a lot more civilized under "segregation".

It wasn't. You just had your eyes closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies