Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
In Hawaii the short form had Obama's parents names on it. It met all U.S State Dept requirements, it was state certified by the state, it is the OFFICIAL VALID Birth Certificate for Hawaii. That should have ended everything right then and there, but racists, tin foil had people and the ignorant kept it going, even though he proved to the public under the LAW three years ago that he was eligible.
Exactly! How it seems that they don't believe the long form either. Does that surprise you? It doesn't surprise me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:10 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do you have any experience working in illustrator?
Yes.

I created all of the graphics for this website .... not only that ... but I once, in a hurry, forgot to save a file in layers, and sent a flat file to the webmaster accidentally. For which I got the reply .... "hey ... didn't get your coffee this morning? How about sending me a file I can use? Layers please?"

The graphics is a homepage banner, with about 14 layers ..... graphics, photos, and text .... impossible to work with without using layers ... though you can create a single layer, don't try to move and re-size anything without screwing everything else up. Once saved as a flat file, there is no layer information for the software to read, consequently, only one layer exists, and the document cannot be broken apart into it's original constituent layers. But if saved as layers, the layer information is saved with the file, and can be broken into layers and every element can be re-sized, recolored, or manipulated in the manner desired.

The question is ... do you have the foggiest clue as to what I just said?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i have the file from yesterday morning.
It was already switched by then I believe. That's what all the sites who have reported on this have said. They switched it out rather quickly. Anyway, Illustrator OR Photoshop does not create layers when an image is open. If it is a flat image that you open you get ONE layer. Now, expand this image and take a look at the last number 1 in 10641. Zoom way in. That number was added with a computer and it is obvious. It was created with PIXELS. Now look at the numbers next to it, they are clearly a scan of INK. Now explain why the WH thought it was a good idea to ADD that green background? Why did they have the need to alter it? They altered it once, it can't be trusted.

http://factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/2...telongform.pdf

Old 04-28-2011, 01:11 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, what do you expect? Obama and the White House actually did release a forged birth certificate yesterday.
Wait, you truly believe this is a forgery which means you truly believe he is not an American? So anyone who lived outside the country growing up is not an American? I know people who lived 6 years in Mexico and another lived 7 years in Phillipines and yet another who lived 5 years in Dubai. All these people are real live Americans.

I cannot understand this debate. You have seen the legal document. Case closed.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For Obama's sake, I suggest that the birth certificate issue vanish now that this long form has been put forth.

So then I see this...

Widow says husband is doctor on Obama certificate (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110428/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_doctor_family - broken link)

Sinclair, who died in 2003 at 81, had an obstetrics and gynecology practice in Honolulu and delivered babies all over Hawaii when Obama was born in 1961, said his son Karl Sinclair, 55, of Kailua.

Relatives said that while they previously never made the connection, looking back it makes sense that Sinclair delivered Obama because there were few obstetricians in Honolulu at the time. His six children grew up accustomed to him leaving home at all hours and holidays to deliver babies.

The family first heard about Sinclair's connection to Obama because one of their relatives was awake at 3 a.m. watching the news and saw the signature, said Dawn Yoshimura-Sinclair, who is married to another Sinclair son, Brian Sinclair.

It's very convenient that the doctor is dead.

Now I don't know if Obama was born in Hawaii, Kenya, or Timbuktuu. Obama's handling of this has been terrible and counter-productive - and it makes you wonder why it took so long to produce the proper documentation. Whatever the case may be - I would think that for his sake, he shouldn't want any more information out there to be scrutinized.
Did you think that doctor would remember a baby that he delivered in 1961?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama could have made this a non-issue in 2008.<snip>
He did but the bigots didn't accept it, they still don't....

Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama should've NEVER shown the birth certificate because it'll never satisfy the crazies on the right anyway.
exactly!

Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Print is not the same as web conversions. A portable document file is merely on way to save an image or letter or design. CMYK Vs RGB. Stupid debate it is not forged. I am an expert in quark, illustrator, photoshop, indesign just to name a few.

Stop telling lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes.

I created all of the graphics for this website .... not only that ... but I once, in a hurry, forgot to save a file in layers, and sent a flat file to the webmaster accidentally. For which I got the reply .... "hey ... didn't get your coffee this morning? How about sending me a file I can use? Layers please?"

The graphics is a homepage banner, with about 14 layers ..... graphics, photos, and text .... impossible to work with without using layers ... though you can create a single layer, don't try to move and re-size anything without screwing everything else up. Once saved as a flat file, there is no layer information for the software to read, consequently, only one layer exists, and the document cannot be broken apart into it's original constituent layers. But if saved as layers, the layer information is saved with the file, and can be broken into layers and every element can be re-sized, recolored, or manipulated in the manner desired.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
yep.

now open up the cert PDF and let me know if you believe that it is in true layers.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I would also like to know if he has a Will. I would like to know, where he wants to be buried. I bet it ain't in this country.
Oh my the goal posts moved yet again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies