Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,529,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its not a "problem" its just the fact that the parents race is self-reported in Hawaii. Plenty of people who come from Africa will consider themselves African over just black, African American or negro (which was probably the more common term at the time).

Other posts in this long ass thread have shown the race listed as Japanese, as well as officials as the Hawaii DOH confirming race is self reported.
Are you suggesting there was something wrong with "reporting" Negroid, but African sounded better, in 1961? I don't believe people were ashamed of the word Negroid back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 11:32 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,176,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Let's look at it from a politically agnostic point of view: My point of view.

On the one hand, the Republican Party has over-committed to this thing. They don't have a smoking gun, they have no evidence to indicate that he actually was born elsewhere. And I'm not talking about evidence that records for Barack were created after the fact. I'm saying, if he wasn't born in Hawaii, then where WAS he born? If Somalia, please provide evidence to substantiate. If Indonesia, please provide evidence to substantiate. If Saudi Arabia, please provide evidence to substantiate. If he was born in Antarctica ... please provide evidence ... If you don't have evidence of him being born anywhere else, you have to let the assumption that he was born in Hawaii stand.

But on the other side of the coin, President Obama acted a lot like Richard Nixon did with Watergate on this issue: He tries to pretend that the issue isn't even there. He treats accusations with complete contempt. And then WAY after the fact the "real" documentation/evidence is finally presented to the public. So yes, the Republican Party and Donald Trump do have a leg to stand on if they're accusing him of an elaborate fabrication. Obama should have made his birth certificate public the very instant that allegations of him not being born in the USA came up -- way back during the presidential campaign. His failure to do so certainly looks incriminating, especially if you really dislike his politics and party. If positions were reversed and a Republican President was accused of the same thing, the Democrats would never let it rest and I think everyone knows it.

My opinion: Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. Hawaii did truly horrible job with his public records. The Obama faithful probably fabricated at least some material to compensate, hoping to help the controversy just go away. And thanks to tampering and poor public record-keeping, the issue is never going to die.
That hardy reads as agnostic.

He posted a state certified copy of his legal birth certificate years ago, 08' I believe (also known as election year) Hawaii did a perfectly fine job of providing him with the same state certified copy they provide every other citizen born there, that legal copy is good for all legal purposes, including getting a passport, the US state department accepts it, and the Republican governor of HI and the Director of the Department of Health came out with public statements that is was a real document, and everything regarding his birth in HI was in order. The Governor was a supporter of McCain, can anyone explain why she would hide anything for Obama?

The insults directed at the state of HI and the assumption that they are all disorganized morons are also disgusting. I used to work in HR for company opening a branch in HI, I processed the HI employees I-9 information, checked into Hi employment law, and verified their legal status to work. I found that their goverment rules and regulations to be quite well thought out and organized. BTW I saw tons of legal COLBs looked just like Obama's and I verified that they were proof of US birth. I found the Hawaii government offices easy to work with, they were fast, effecient, and did a great job, much more so than California which were the other employees I processed. Maybe to some Hawaii is not "American" enough, certainly there must be some shenanigans going on over there, is it even a real state?

Obama posted it online and this issue should have been over, but no, birthers spread lie after lie that it wasn't a "real" birth certificate, that his grandmother said he was born in Kenya, these are LIES that people believed as fact. Saying he didn't provide a real birth certificate years ago is a LIE! He did every thing he needed to do to show people he is a natural born citizen, it is not his fault that people weren't satisfied with a legal document, I would be insulted as well if I provided legal proof of my birth, and people were spreading lie after lie that I was hiding a foreign birth.

There is zero evidence that anyone fabricated anything. It's unlikely this would be going on if a nice white man with a "proper" american sounding name were the president. Except in a few known cases, I don't think birthers are being consciously racist, or filled with muslim fear, but I do believe his name and race play a part in this. He doesn't fit what people think a US president should look like.

Last edited by detshen; 04-30-2011 at 11:52 AM..

Old 04-30-2011, 11:33 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,162,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Are you suggesting there was something wrong with "reporting" Negroid, but African sounded better, in 1961? I don't believe people were ashamed of the word Negroid back then.
No such suggestion was made, quit trolling....

Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
When you find proof that he was brought to Hawaii as an infant get back to us....
Let's get this one into court, so it can be authenticated or not.

“The document lists Obama’s parents as Barack Hussein Obama and Stanley Ann Obama, formerly Stanley Ann Dunham, the birth date as Aug. 4, 1961, and the hospital of birth as Coast General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya,” reports World Net Daily.
“No doctor is listed. But the alleged certificate bears the signature of the deputy registrar of Coast Province, Joshua Simon Oduya. It was allegedly issued as a certified copy of the original in February 1964.
“WND was able to obtain other birth certificates from Kenya for purposes of comparison, and the form of the documents appear to be identical.”
Despite the fact that a hoax document similar in nature circulated the Internet last week, World Net Daily reports that the new document “bears none of the obvious traits of a hoax”.
The birth certificate was released by an anonymous source who did not want to be named because he fears for his life.
Shocking New Birth Certificate Proof Obama Born In Kenya?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No such suggestion was made, quit trolling....
I am not trolling, I am asking why African was preferrable to Negroid, as has been suggested.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,162,051 times
Quote:
Let's get this one into court, so it can be authenticated or not.

“The document lists Obama’s parents as Barack Hussein Obama and Stanley Ann Obama, formerly Stanley Ann Dunham, the birth date as Aug. 4, 1961, and the hospital of birth as Coast General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya,” reports World Net Daily.
“No doctor is listed. But the alleged certificate bears the signature of the deputy registrar of Coast Province, Joshua Simon Oduya. It was allegedly issued as a certified copy of the original in February 1964.
“WND was able to obtain other birth certificates from Kenya for purposes of comparison, and the form of the documents appear to be identical.”
Despite the fact that a hoax document similar in nature circulated the Internet last week, World Net Daily reports that the new document “bears none of the obvious traits of a hoax”.
The birth certificate was released by an anonymous source who did not want to be named because he fears for his life.
Shocking New Birth Certificate Proof Obama Born In Kenya?
I'm pretty sure you're not as dumb as you are letting on to be, quit trolling.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:41 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,368,104 times

YouTube - Family Guy - Lois Mom Mum Mommy

Old 04-30-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That hardy reads as agnostic.

He posted a state certified copy of his legal birth certificate years ago, 08' I believe (also known as election year) Hawaii did a perfectly fine job of providing him with the same state certified copy they provide every other citizen born there, that legal copy is good for all legal purposes, including getting a passport. the state department accepts it, and the republican governor of HI and the director of the department of health came out with public statements that is was a real document and everything regarding his birth in HI was in order. The insults directed at the state of HI and the assumption that they are all disorganized morons are also disgusting. I used to work in HR for company opening a branch in HI, I processed the HI employees I-9 information, checked into Hi employment law, and verified their legal status to work found that their goverment rules and regulation to be quite well thought out and organized. BTW I saw tons of legal COLBs looked just like Obama's and I verified that they were proof of US birth.

Obama posted it online and this issue should have been over, but no, birthers spread lie after lie that it wasn't a "real" birth certificate, that his grandmother said he was born in Kenya, these are LIES that people believed as fact. Saying he didn't provide a real birth certificate years ago is a LIE! He did every thing he needed to do to show people he is a natural born citizen, it is not his fault that people weren't satisfied with a legal document, I would be insulted as well if I provided legal proof of my birth, and people were spreading lie after lie that I was hiding a foreign birth.

There is zero evidence that anyone fabricated anything. It's unlikely this would be going on if a nice white man with a "proper" american sounding name were the president. Except in a few known cases, I don't think birthers are being consciously racist, or filled with muslim fear, but I do believe his name and race play a part in this. He doesn't fit what people think a US president should look like.
Do you believe everything posted on the internet? Why the stonewall? Why print something on the net, but not let a forensic examiner authenticate a real document? Why pass a resolution attesting to McCain being natural born, but give Obama a pass? Why? This issue must be adjudicated in a court of law, or we are setting a dangerous precedent.

48 lawsuits

The issue that the court must settle is whether a person governed by the laws of Great Britain at the time of their birth could be considered a "natural born" citizen of the United States as required by Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of our Constitution.

The question remains unanswered in any United States court.

Most of the cases that worked their way through various state and federal courts concerned whether Obama was actually born in Hawaii.

At his web site, Obama posted a photocopy of a Certification of Live Birth from Hawaii and had it verified by a private website called "FactCheck.org."

This was his response to all parties requesting proof he was actually born in Hawaii. The audacity of this stunt generated a rush of litigation to have Obama’s credentials verified. Of course, while there is no Constitutional requirement for a birth certificate to be tendered, ordinary people could not understand why Obama was fighting so hard to prevent anyone from seeing his genuine documents apparently on file in Hawaii.

It was this attitude of defiance which stimulated citizens across the nation -- who are required to present an original birth certificate to any number of Government agencies -- to institute litigation challenging Obama’s eligibility.

Obama is the first President in our national history who -- at the time of his birth -- was openly subject to and governed by the laws of another nation. The issue which needs to be heard in court is whether such a person’s citizenship will be considered "natural born" for the rest of our nation’s history.

Allowing this issue to avoid judicial interpretation will forever raise questions to President Obama’s title to office, and it will set a precedent that two generations of citizenship (and loyalty) are no longer required before one can become President and Commander in Chief.
Barack Obama Lawsuits

Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,277,255 times
Quote:
Do you believe everything posted on the internet? Why the stonewall? Why print something on the net, but not let a forensic examiner authenticate a real document? Why pass a resolution attesting to McCain being natural born, but give Obama a pass? Why? This issue must be adjudicated in a court of law, or we are setting a dangerous precedent.

48 lawsuits

<snip>

48 lawsuits that mostly have all been dismissed. What do you have to say about that? The only dangerous precedent we are setting here is coming from the birthers who won't give up when overwhelming and creditable evidence is presented to them.

The Docket

Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,176,147 times
Quote:

48 lawsuits

The issue that the court must settle is whether a person governed by the laws of Great Britain at the time of their birth could be considered a "natural born" citizen of the United States as required by Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of our Constitution.

The question remains unanswered in any United States court.

Most of the cases that worked their way through various state and federal courts concerned whether Obama was actually born in Hawaii.

At his web site, Obama posted a photocopy of a Certification of Live Birth from Hawaii and had it verified by a private website called "FactCheck.org."

This was his response to all parties requesting proof he was actually born in Hawaii. The audacity of this stunt generated a rush of litigation to have Obama’s credentials verified. Of course, while there is no Constitutional requirement for a birth certificate to be tendered, ordinary people could not understand why Obama was fighting so hard to prevent anyone from seeing his genuine documents apparently on file in Hawaii.

It was this attitude of defiance which stimulated citizens across the nation -- who are required to present an original birth certificate to any number of Government agencies -- to institute litigation challenging Obama’s eligibility.

Obama is the first President in our national history who -- at the time of his birth -- was openly subject to and governed by the laws of another nation. The issue which needs to be heard in court is whether such a person’s citizenship will be considered "natural born" for the rest of our nation’s history.

Allowing this issue to avoid judicial interpretation will forever raise questions to President Obama’s title to office, and it will set a precedent that two generations of citizenship (and loyalty) are no longer required before one can become President and Commander in Chief.
Barack Obama Lawsuits
No, they are not required to present anything different then what Obama posted, that is a LIE. It is a state certified legal document proving US birth as I posted, I verified for employees that the HI COLB is THE legal document proving US birth, no other document is ever required. He posted his REAL LEGAL VALID PROOF OF BIRTH on the internet in 08' and the document was backed up by the governor, and the Director of the Department of Health. The story should have ended there, there was no basis for any lawsuits, the legal proof was already available.

McCain was NOT born in the US, that's fact, not a myth, that's why it was legally required to verify whether, or not he could be considered a natural born citizen. Obama was born on US soil, in Hawaii, a US state, that makes him a natural born US citizen, there is no need for a court to decide of someone born in the US is eligible to be president, it's long been decided people born the US are natural born citizens.

I, unlike many birthers do not believe everything I read online. I verified all the information I have presented here through a number of different sources.

Last edited by detshen; 04-30-2011 at 12:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies