Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times

Advertisements

^^The birthers, particularly the birther you are referring to, have a lot of misunderstandings, e.g. that Obama's mother was too young to confer citizenship on him, even though born in Hawaii; that HI wasn't a state yet (it was, and even so, Barry Goldwater was born in the territory of Arizona and was allowed to run); that "Barry" is some kind of sinister name Obama used to defraud people, when it is actually a nickname for Barack; that Obama was actually born "Barry Soetoro" when his mother didn't even know Mr. Soetoro at the time of his birth; that his mother was in Kenya during her pregnancy even though her husband was in HI; that one must have two US citizen parents to be a Natural Born Citizen; etc. Any straw to grasp to make Obama ineligible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
jeffington,

I believe you are suffering from a misunderstanding. The State decides who in the state is eligible to choose the State's electors. The State does not decide who is qualified for President. The Constitution decides that. Who is a citizens of United States at birth is clarified in Title 8, Section 1401 and that would supersede any State law that is conflict, as per the supremacy clause.
It's okay with me. My only real concern is preserving the US as a viable Constitutional Republic (which I firmly believe is under attack by the POTUS, Reid and, until recently Pelosi)

Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
It's okay with me. My only real concern is preserving the US as a viable Constitutional Republic (which I firmly believe is under attack by the POTUS, Reid and, until recently Pelosi)
What do you use as evidence to arrive at this conclusion?

Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What do you use as evidence to arrive at this conclusion?
The legislation they pass, the spending they engage in, the rehetoric they engage in. Always engaging in class warefare to engage in redistributionist programs. The whole sum total of their political existance, but thanks for asking.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
My only real concern is preserving the US as a viable Constitutional Republic ....
did you see the requirements for indonesian citizenship?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,254 times
Quote:
The legislation they pass, the spending they engage in, the rehetoric they engage in. Always engaging in class warefare to engage in redistributionist programs. The whole sum total of their political existance, but thanks for asking.
Oh hey, you're back!

Did you take the time to find the part of the concurring opinion of Duncan v. Louisiana that discusses natural born citizenship?

Old 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
I notice that you write in generalities. What legislation? What rhetorical statements? Give examples.

I also notice that when the Right calls for tax-cuts on the wealthy coupled with program cuts for the middle class or poor, that's not considered class warfare but when the liberals talk about undoing those policies that have caused no middle-class gains over the last decade, the Right shouts "Class Warfare!!!"

If you've been paying attention over the last 30 years, government policies have been biased more to the wealthy. We've cut taxes on the highest earners while cutting social programs. The result is that the very wealthy are the only group increasing income and wealth.

If there is class warfare, the Gates/Buffett class is winning.

What is has to do with Obama's long form beats me.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Oh hey, you're back!

Did you take the time to find the part of the concurring opinion of Duncan v. Louisiana that discusses natural born citizenship?
...... or to read indonesian citizenship requirements?

... or look at all the news articles from before the election mentioning obama's father was kenyan?

... or name a single congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor that has agreed with the "2 citizen parents" theory.

... or ???

Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,748 times
Quote:
It has been under attack since Wilson and before.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
It has been under attack since Wilson and before.
do you think the constitution has been violated as it pertains to eligibility?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies