Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM

27 posts, read 16,693 times

Advertisements

It was never an issue. It was a veil used to attack a man for being black. You can not say Obama is a no good Ni gg er so you say hes not American, he was not born here. Thats all it ever was and like the idiot woman at a town hall meeting who called for Obama to be removed because he had not BC and then sang the star spangled banner or some other song[badly] they just don't like people with dark sun tans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
but the birther movement is still a waste of time and deflection from issues.
Then why are so many on CD bashing Trump? Trump didn't start the movement, it was a concern for many Americans, he got proof and put an end to it. Even Trump says that now it's done and we can focus on more important issues, shouldn't that make the left happy?

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
GuyNTexas may be on to something here. Then Sen Obama signed SR511 in 2008 confirming that John McCain was a "natural born citizen".

A natural born citizen is defined as:

1. Born on American soil (which includes U.S. overseas military bases); and
2. Born of parents who were American citizens at the time of the child’s birth.
Abso-FKN-Lootly, man!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,287 times
Obama's fake birth certificate is the only thing that is still manufactured in the USA.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What was so difficult that Obama couldn't do this in the beginning ?
Obama should have done this on day 1 instead of ignoring/avoiding it.

It reflects poorly on him and his claims of transparecy, he could have easily settled this issue years ago.
He did. He had to produce all this stuff to run in the first place. The media investigated it, the state of Hawaii backed him up. The theory had been disproven dozens of times, some people just wouldn't listen.

And even now, it will still all be his fault for not "proving" it before, even when he did.

There's no winning.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
When only 38 percent of the American people at present
believe the President was born outside of the country, I
would not consider that fringe

What Obama did in the beginning was abide by the
law, as in, acting like a lawyer. What he should have
done is act like a President. He ran on transparency
and uniting the country. In hindsight, I'm sure he
is regretful he just didn't do it a long time ago.

Now, that he has, we can all move on and address
the issues at hand, that is hurting this country:

Continual Wars of Choice and our Militarism
Excessive Spending
JOB CREATION IN THIS COUNTRY
No, he shouldn't have ever given any validation to those early radicals who questioned his proven credentials. They were wrong and still are.

Once Trump started manipulating Republicans by using as a reality TV publicity stunt, then the smart move was to shut it down because it had grown too absurd for its own good.

Here's the post I'm looking for from a birther: "I was wrong. The facts were there from the beginning but my rage against the president blinded me to reality and made me susceptible to the lies of charlatans. I am deeply sorry for my un-American lack of patriotism and for supporting these distractions when this country is going through so much."

Old 04-27-2011, 11:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
No, he shouldn't have ever given any validation to those early radicals who questioned his proven credentials. They were wrong and still are.

Once Trump started manipulating Republicans by using as a reality TV publicity stunt, then the smart move was to shut it down because it had grown too absurd for its own good.

Here's the post I'm looking for: "I was wrong. The facts were there from the beginning, but my rage against the president blinded me to reality. I am deeply sorry for my lack of patriotism and support of distractions when this country is going through so much.
Wonderful post.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:39 AM

131 posts, read 172,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
He did. He had to produce all this stuff to run in the first place. The media investigated it, the state of Hawaii backed him up. The theory had been disproven dozens of times, some people just wouldn't listen.

And even now, it will still all be his fault for not "proving" it before, even when he did.

There's no winning.
omg no winning at all --> some things are better left not trying to defend. People will always have thier opinions and mindsets......

Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
You know... just saying... you nutbags could have saved us all two years of your whining, yelling and carrying on to see Obama's long form if you knew you weren't going to believe it when you saw it.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think his timing was perfect....to knock Trump out of serious consideration for a candidate. Trump recently claimed the document doesn't exist and "he is shocked by what his investigators are finding in Hawaii" and now---no matter how he tries to spin it---he's got egg on his face having been caught in an outright lie. The document does exist and there is nothing shocking on it. Now, when Trump moves on to demanding college transcripts he's going to look like a first class, stupid jerk-ass.
Excellent post. Timing will become clearer as so many red states have started a movement to block any presidental candidate who does not provide a copy of his long BC from having their name on the ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
You deserve a million reps!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies