U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM

41,478 posts, read 53,762,173 times

Advertisements

I support burning foreign oil first. When it runs our we will be able to charge so much money for our domestic production we could pay off the debt.

Besides this is just market research to update the price/demand curve so the optimal prices can be set in a couple of years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 11:27 AM

27 posts, read 14,267 times
China and India are setting oil prices to a large extent with demand. As their economys expand and China is on par to over take the USA in 2014 as number one, talk about whooping our butts again on our own home turff. LOL The Chinese whooped us in Vietnam and now at our own game.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:29 AM

41,478 posts, read 53,762,173 times
Trade and business were Chinese specialties for the last 6,000 years at least. These are not "our own game" and never have been.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,071,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurynome View Post
And it went up to 4 a gallon under bush, so bush was to blame for high oil? Get real you people are so stupid its amazing.

Yes, Bush was blamed for $4.00 a gallon gasoline by the MSM and liberals. The MSM led off every story with "Under Presdient Bush, the price of gas rose to ....." in almost all of their broadcasts. I don't hear them blaming PBO in the same manner.

So to answer your question yes, what was that word you used,............ oh yes......... "STUPID" Liberals blamed GWB.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM

9,734 posts, read 8,572,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The first statement is a complete lie and I had to stop there. Gas was $3.11 a gallon when Obama was sworn into office. Gas prices were soaring under Bush, while he and his big oil cronies were laughing all the way to the bank. Remember when you couldn't give away an SUV a few years ago? Obama got the prices down a few months after getting into office from the disastrous republican administration.

U.S. gas prices
Gas was $1.64 /gallon in 2008.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 AM

27 posts, read 14,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Trade and business were Chinese specialties for the last 6,000 years at least. These are not "our own game" and never have been.
Capitalism has become the game of the west, I don't know what rock you have been under but New York has been the center of capitalism. Capitalism goes back to the Merchant capitalism in the 13th century. As it exists today the US and western culture is its creator. It has been the game of the US for a hundred years in its defined condition. The Chinese trade routs have nothing to do with our current system rube.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM

9,734 posts, read 8,572,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I swear to God the people on City Data have to be the dumbest on the planet! Gasoline prices are controlled by world markets & market speculators not by the President of the US! How many of you know that the OIL drilled in the US is usually exported mostly to Asia? We could drill our butts off yet that OIL will go to the highest bidder and where it's most profittable for OIL companies and usually that is not the US

President Obama is not the CEO of Exxon-Mobil or any other Oil and Gas company!

Barry Obama ARTIFICIALLY controlling the available supply by not issuing drilling permits and banning drillling has 100% effect on the price. Speculaters base their price on FUTURE SUPPLIES. By Barry limiting drilling, he is impacting the future supply.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,769,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The first statement is a complete lie and I had to stop there. Gas was $3.11 a gallon when Obama was sworn into office. Gas prices were soaring under Bush, while he and his big oil cronies were laughing all the way to the bank. Remember when you couldn't give away an SUV a few years ago? Obama got the prices down a few months after getting into office from the disastrous republican administration.

U.S. gas prices
Yeah if this idiot can't get the easiest fact straight why should be believe any of his other rants? LOL.

Gas hasn't been 1.85 per gallon for atleast 10-15 years.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 PM

7,294 posts, read 14,012,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Gas was $1.64 /gallon in 2008.
Average? Was it? I'll post this chart again, because it's interesting. It's a six year chart of average US gas prices (I think I said 5 years before, but it's six).

It looks like gas might have entered the sub-two-dollar range at the very tail end of 2008, but it also soared as high as 4.12/gallon that same year.

It's hard to see, even from the chart, how the speculative effect of the presidency, alone, impacted gas prices. I mean, by that logic, the nose-dive that gas prices took as the 2008 elections approached would suggest... I don't know. What, exactly?

Gas got super expensive under Bush, and is getting super expensive under Obama. Both saw cheap gas, too. I think we're a LONG way from proving causation with this "My president can beat your president's gas prices" prattling...

Old 04-27-2011, 12:37 PM

29,986 posts, read 39,009,464 times
1. Blame the FED for monitizing US debt.
2.Blame Obama and his appointees for refusing to allow new permits for traditional forms of energy production while applauding other countries producing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies