Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
IMO they will find that it was fraud. Nothing adds up in this story
I do not believe this is fraud. How stupid. He had a foal, and another ready to be born. He would have tried to sell them before burning them to death.

Has anyone noticed that the regular wingnut posters are quick to either flat out say this is fraud, or at a minimum, be highly suspicious of the man? Not a single one of them have stated that it's possible he was a victim because he's gay. Suspicion and fear. They are linked at the hip to right wingnuts. Amazing how they were quick to be suspicious. wingnut brains are just warped.

In the article there's a quote of someone who knows the man and states how kind hearted he is.

With horses of that value he would have tried to sell first, and that would be hard to hide. Highly improbable that this is fraud.

This article was hard to read. What an awful, awful crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 02:55 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
I agree with others here that there's more to this story than we've heard so far. I'd be interested to know just how much money he had all those horses insured for.

May 20, 2011
Reward in horse barn arson grows to $22,500
Another $10,000 has been added to the pool of money for information on the anti-gay arsonist that burned Brent Whitehouse's barn, killing eight of his horses, including a pregnant mare.

Ohio Mutual Insurance Group put in that $10,000, which joins $5,000 from the Ohio FAIR Plan Underwriting Association, $2,500 from the Humane Society of the United States, and another $5,000 from Jeffrey Gold of New York.

"As the property owner's insurer, we would like to see those responsible held accountable for their callous and reckless actions," Ohio Mutual vice president Kevin Rall said.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Years ago I understand that was the way it was. But, of what remained of the barn why would anyone house horses that were supposedly worth as much as the article stated, with no fire protection? This looked like an older barn.
If someone hit the jackpot and had one valuable horse or bull, I can understand it, but 7-8 worth hundreds of thousands?

If you can afford horses worth hundreds of thousands you can certainly spend $80-150K on a barn with appropriate protections can you not?

Just seems fishy to me. A simple fire alarm is as expensive as the smoke alarms you put in your house and two baby monitors, one in the barn and one in your bedroom at night.

I'm not suggesting that a crime did not occur as it seems obvious from the description that an accelerant was used. However, it seems odd that an owner would not take more measures to protect valuable horses. YMMV.
For once, I agree with you. That thought must be racking that guy's brain and body all day and night.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:08 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I do not believe this is fraud. How stupid. He had a foal, and another ready to be born. He would have tried to sell them before burning them to death.

Has anyone noticed that the regular wingnut posters are quick to either flat out say this is fraud, or at a minimum, be highly suspicious of the man? Not a single one of them have stated that it's possible he was a victim because he's gay. Suspicion and fear. They are linked at the hip to right wingnuts. Amazing how they were quick to be suspicious. wingnut brains are just warped.

In the article there's a quote of someone who knows the man and states how kind hearted he is.

With horses of that value he would have tried to sell first, and that would be hard to hide. Highly improbable that this is fraud.

This article was hard to read. What an awful, awful crime.
Yes, I read the wingnuts' posts and thought that for once, there would be an inkling of sympathy or grief from one of them. But it was the same sliminess that oozes out of their cavities.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:30 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, it's not like killing 8 children.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:32 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
I hope the truth comes out and the real culpret is found, tried and proven guilty. If this was arson I think the investigators would have been on to this pretty quickly. Granted, I know nothing about fire arson investigation, but I think an insurance company is pretty savvy when investigation suspected fraud. If an insurance company has found nothing suspicious from the horseman then he's pretty much innocent.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:39 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Just becase YOU say it's not doesn't mean it isn't!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:49 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
This kind of cruelty to humans or animals makes most people cringe. I hope that whoever is responsible is found and given the maximum punishment the law allows. It matters not a hoot or a holler who it was.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
To many people it is & that includes me. People who dont like or kill animals are trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies