Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'd like to see you back up your lie that the TP is supported by big business.

As for govt welfare - since no poor person ever hired me, but corporations have, I'd say yes to that.
Who paid for the number of buses for the TP gatherings? Who paid the speakers to come and talk to their group? Do your own research!

I’ve known several people who worked for a little and struggling company of a poor man. That’s how small businesses get started - on a shoestring, and employees help move the company forward making it bigger and better for the owner/s. One small company that got started and hired a few employees at first was Mr. Bill Gates. Both he and his first employees struggled to bring the little company into a giant corporation that it is today. There’s nothing wrong with that! But “yes” people do work for little struggling poor businesses. You can check on the many others that are both national and local in your own area.

However why do some of those in the TP support big business and corporations that many don’t pay taxes and receive government welfare instead of attacking the “people” who are in need of healthcare and social assistance. Are humans less important than corporations?

Take food, housing, education and healthcare away from those in need, and let corporations move their jobs offshore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
remember though- Michelle Bachmann in Concord, New Hampshire- the shot that was heard round the world---lol

She forgot about Mass., CT. and the rest of New England........and American history for the past 200 years....no surprise there....and she is a brain surgeon compared to palin.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
[quote=clb10;18912273]Mississippi and Alabama may have the most freedom loving, Tea-Party affiliated, free-market, Fox News watching folks in America.

Yet the two states are dirt poor when compared to blue states like Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Connecticut.

Comparison between U.S. states and countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-and-

List of U.S. states by GDP per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The whole country is Tea Party. Are we supposed to exclude the less wealthy states? We are not snobs like Democrats.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
lol, Alabama is poor, yet free-market loving? Where are you getting that generalization?. They dont invest, many are below poverty line. They aren't part of any market system. they are the unemployed who fall off the statistics....

Old 04-29-2011, 12:01 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
[quote=RCCCB;18936716]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The whole country is Tea Party.
Only 5 or at most 6 of those states in the top 20 on that list are Tea Party states.

Of the bottom 20 states, the only state that isn't TP is Oregon.

6 of the top 10, and 9 of the top 20, states are Northeastern. The area of the US where the TP is weakest.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Alabama and Mississippi have always been poor and probably always will be. If not for the jobs they stole from the North and West they'd be even poorer than they are.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 AM

132 posts, read 159,564 times
they aree poor because they are mostly rural and lack large urban centers

Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Those who are uneducated and ignorant are drawn to the republicans and hard right tea party. Not surprising the most wealthy, educated and prosperous areas are also the the most heavily democratic.

I would say you need to look at what was and how fast the South has been catching up on the wealth thing. Funnything, when the south was solid democratic party land, they didn't make half what everyone else made in income. Now they have gotten smarter and are up to near avg. income. The rate they are going, they will pass the "blue states" soon. hmmmmmm

Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Curious for all those that seem to know all about my area's economic history. Has the South's economic stability increased or decreased since they started voting solidly Republican vice Democrat?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:31 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
As for poor urban people, we--yes, I said WE, cause I'm one of them--have enough good sense to vote for our best economic interests. Republicans don't give a hoot about us inner city people, and that's why my home neighborhood (I'm currently stuck in the suburbs right now) goes Democratic 98-99% to 1-2% Republican.
Well, at least someone has the balls to admit they are just in it for the Democrat-run gravy train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies