Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like you've been doing? Cuz you voted for Bush AND McCain. Aint no doubt about that.
Cite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nice idea but what makes you think one of those 'mainstream candidates' doesn't win?
At least you did your part by NOT supporting them....

Or just vote for the best bad candidate and keep the same old crap going.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Executive Branch, really, is feckless in the face of the Military Industrial Complex. It runs itself, the way it wants to, and answers to no one else.
The POTUS is a bought position,that should be painfully obvious to everyone except the party hacks....of which there are millions.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Like you've been doing? Cuz you voted for Bush AND McCain. Aint no doubt about that.
Wow,you are psychic as well as being a party hack...

Did vote against Kerry in 2004,did NOT vote for either of the leftists running in 2008.

I have morals,something sorely lacking in some....

Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yep. Put him up against the usual suspects that you typically like, and i'll have no choice. Aint voting for Romney, Trump, Palin, Pawlenty, or any of those other wackos. It's called self preservation. Not voting for someone who is openly hostile to me and mine. Sorry.
No it is called having no principles...

Your type goes on and on about the needless wars blah blah blah until it is your little guy sitting there having people killed....then it is okay,he is afterall YOUR team leader.

Rah rah,go team,who care if we have no morals or principles,all that matters is winning.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 PM

175 posts, read 302,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No, I call myself an athiest. And those innocent kids and their brainwashed culture? It's not our responsibility. The local culture picked the Taliban...let them have them. Once again, it's not worth the life of an American soldier to straighten their mess out. I place a high regard on the lives of our servicemen and women, more so than on those that have choosen a brainwashed culture.
I place a high regard on my fellow brothers and sisters in the service as well. I don't want to see any of them killed nor do I want to be killed myself. However, at the same time, I disagree that we don't have any responsibility. I don't think we need to be world saviors, however just ignoring the problems are also what can allow horrific things like 9/11 to occur. These innocent kids are getting brainwashed to hate us with such a passion that they grow up wanting to join things like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and become our future suicide bombers ready and eager to take out those Americans they were taught were evil. In some cases, they don't even need to be grown up yet for the Taliban and Al-Qaeda to use them as killers. It's a double edged sword IMO.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:22 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,646 times
9 U.S. troops killed, so what. Americans no longer care how many troops are killed in these unnecessary wars.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
9 U.S. troops killed, so what. Americans no longer care how many troops are killed in these unnecessary wars.
Your broad brush is not appreciated. More care than you know.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Sadly,more care about the latest political 'outrage' or their little special interest such as gay marriage,etc....

Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Thankfully this is all ending soon. Whether it comes in the form of a draft or a war tax, the separation between the home front and the war front will evaporate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies