U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Del Rio, TN
37,301 posts, read 23,224,819 times
Reputation: 23498

Advertisements

Quote:
Afghan Officer Fires on U.S. Troops, Kills 9

KABUL, Afghanistan – Eight American troops and a U.S. contractor died Wednesday after an Afghan military pilot opened fire during a meeting at Kabul airport -- the deadliest episode to date of an Afghan turning against his coalition partners, officials said.

The Afghan officer, who was a veteran military pilot, fired on the Americans after an argument, the Afghan Defense Ministry said.
All nine killed were American, according to a senior U.S. defense official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the information has not yet been made public.

The shooting occurred in an operations room of the Afghan Air Corps at Kabul airport.

"Suddenly, in the middle of the meeting, shooting started," said Afghan Air Corps spokesman Col. Bahader, who uses only one name. "After the shooting started, we saw a number of Afghan army officers and soldiers running out of the building. Some were even throwing themselves out of the windows to get away."
One more reason not to be there, as if it was needed. There isn't anyone in Afganistan worth the life of an American solder.


(dang it, can a mod fix my typo in the topic? thanx)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,056 posts, read 17,374,576 times
Reputation: 3826
Obama doesn't agree. This is a "noble" war, worthy of his nobel.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
 
29,984 posts, read 40,982,118 times
Reputation: 12806
This incident echoes of the jihadist murder that took place at the German airport not so long ago.

Obama has no intention of allowing US troops to fight to win, so bring them home. At this point I'd like the MSM to ask Obama what it is we are fighting for (and dog him like Trump until an answer is given); though, I do not expect an honest answer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,690 posts, read 17,344,365 times
Reputation: 9572
Ninjas again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,949 posts, read 8,409,558 times
Reputation: 3314
This must be wrong, Obama was going to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan a year ago.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
 
2,409 posts, read 2,902,414 times
Reputation: 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
One more reason not to be there, as if it was needed. There isn't anyone in Afganistan worth the life of an American solder.


(dang it, can a mod fix my typo in the topic? thanx)

Yeah all those innocent kids being born into the choas and brainwashed culture of terrorists and muslim fanaticals don't count right? I'm all for pulling out and never thought we should have been there in the first place. The war on terrorism is a facade and a lie. But for you or anyone to have such an arrogant holier than though attitude regarding humanity and human life is pretty pathetic. Let me guess you probably call yourself a Christian............you probably believe god blesses America above all others right? LMAO! Go back to playing with your toys.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Southern Minnesota
5,988 posts, read 12,680,761 times
Reputation: 3323
Get us the heck out of Afghanistan and Iraq RIGHT NOW. NOW!!! I'm SICK of hearing about dead American soldiers dying for WHAT exactly? What has happened to this country? Wasn't staying out of foreign wars one of the things this country was founded on?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
 
29,984 posts, read 40,982,118 times
Reputation: 12806
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Get us the heck out of Afghanistan and Iraq RIGHT NOW. NOW!!! I'm SICK of hearing about dead American soldiers dying for WHAT exactly? What has happened to this country? Wasn't staying out of foreign wars one of the things this country was founded on?
The US military has become a tool for the globalist agenda. Our men and women in uniform deserve better. Bring them home. We have a war on our southern border being ignored by Obama and Big Sis.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,949 posts, read 8,409,558 times
Reputation: 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yeah all those innocent kids being born into the choas and brainwashed culture of terrorists and muslim fanaticals don't count right? I'm all for pulling out and never thought we should have been there in the first place. The war on terrorism is a facade and a lie. But for you or anyone to have such an arrogant holier than though attitude regarding humanity and human life is pretty pathetic. Let me guess you probably call yourself a Christian............you probably believe god blesses America above all others right? LMAO! Go back to playing with your toys.
Those innocent kids aren't our problem and we have plenty of our own problems here at home that need to be fixed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 PM
 
57,038 posts, read 32,844,570 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This incident echoes of the jihadist murder that took place at the German airport not so long ago.

Obama has no intention of allowing US troops to fight to win, so bring them home. At this point I'd like the MSM to ask Obama what it is we are fighting for (and dog him like Trump until an answer is given); though, I do not expect an honest answer.
Short of dropping a nuke, they CAN'T win. They don't stand a chance. The United States sucks at these types of wars, and we always did.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top