Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Exactly. And he didn't do well. My dad is friends with several of Bush's classmates from Yale and they said he was a C student, and a number of those C's were "honorary C's" (the tradition of passing a failing student to keep up the university's image).

To add to that, McCain wasn't born in the U.S. but we haven't been hearing about that in the news for the past two years.

When you're a privileged white male, everyone assumes you're qualified. When you're not a privileged white male, everyone assumes you're...not.
Whether he did well or not, we know what he did.
McCain was born on a military base which is US property.
Neither makes a point about this situation with Obama.
Finally, I do agree with your overall premise that it's still easier for some than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Whether he did well or not, we know what he did.
McCain was born on a military base which is US property.
Neither makes a point about this situation with Obama.
Finally, I do unfortunately agree with your overall premise.
A military base outside the U.S. which is probably a technicality that is only allowed to slide for a white male whose qualifications aren't questioned to begin with. If Obama had been born on a military base outside the U.S. I am pretty sure people would be using that for proof for why he wasn't born in the U.S., given the fact that his actually having been born in the U.S. isn't enough for some people.

The point is that Bush (white male) and McCain (white male) didn't have their birth status or grades in school questioned but Obama has. It's just part of the larger trend where black people constantly get asked for their papers and proof of qualification in situations where white people would never be asked. Black people even get ID'd on the street or at the store way more often than white people, in situations where white people would never be asked for ID. To give an example, I'm white and I've NEVER been ID'd in any situation that wasn't a DMV/drinking alcohol type situation where anyone would get ID'd. But my black family members are so used to getting ID'd that it's just a part of life for them. It's normal for them.

The contrast really showed up in instances where my wife and I would be together and she would get ID'd and I wouldn't! We would be together and the same security guard who would offer to help me as a blind person would then proceed to ask her for ID and suspect her of stealing! That's the kind of BS that happens all the time to black people, and this Obama birther thing is just another example of that.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It's a shame to see such a display of racism. Of course the biggest victim of this type of racism was Arnold Schwarzenegger whom the racist bigot didn't even let run...
what?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:23 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Greetings,

Indeed ... Those mean ole white folks !!! ARRRRRRRRRGH !

How dare these blighters be allowed to have all those special privvies mates !!! ARRRRRRRRGH !

Next thang yah know they will be ah changin them thar testing scores for the white folks at the ole police and fire departments ... you know making them a heap lower so any muppet can pass em, kinda like they do now is some places for the black folks and a few other special cases in the States ! ARRRRRRRGH !

I do so wonder about the university grades of dat bloke HO in the ole Yankee WH ... It does appear to be quite the big secret way down thar in ole D.C., now don't it mates ? What ?

Ere now ... It might just be that them grades mighta ... just coulda ... been below ole G. Bushies low "C's" that at least everyone knows about ! ARRRRRRGH !!! ARRRRRGH !

The "Towering Intellectual " in the WH may just one day very soon reveal his "Top Secret" Harvie grades for all to marvel at ..... what ? That is unless of course HO's grades were actually any better than G.B's ! ARRRRRRRRGH ! Possibly they were not, thus the great secrecy ! ARRRRRGH !

Nimchimpsky is possibly the only blighter on CDF who can explain why "The One" has not thus "Revealed This Deep ... Dark ... Secret of the " Harvie Grades" ... ARRRGH !

Good Day Mates / Ole Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greetings,

Indeed ... Those mean ole white folks !!! ARRRRRRRRRGH !

How dare these blighters be allowed to have all those special privvies mates !!! ARRRRRRRRGH !

Next thang yah know they will be ah changin them thar testing scores for the white folks at the ole police and fire departments ... you know making them a heap lower so any muppet can pass em, kinda like they do now is some places for the black folks and a few other special cases in the States ! ARRRRRRRGH !

I do so wonder about the university grades of dat bloke HO in the ole Yankee WH ... It does appear to be quite the big secret way down thar in ole D.C., now don't it mates ? What ?

Ere now ... It might just be that them grades mighta ... just coulda ... been below ole G. Bushies low "C's" that at least everyone knows about ! ARRRRRRGH !!! ARRRRRGH !

The "Towering Intellectual " in the WH may just one day very soon reveal his "Top Secret" Harvie grades for all to marvel at ..... what ? That is unless of course HO's grades were actually any better than G.B's ! ARRRRRRRRGH ! Possibly they were not, thus the great secrecy ! ARRRRRGH !

Nimchimpsky is possibly the only blighter on CDF who can explain why "The One" has not thus "Revealed This Deep ... Dark ... Secret of the " Harvie Grades" ... ARRRGH !

Good Day Mates / Ole Sgt. Lamar

Keep on searching, keep on hoping.......but fact remains, you're stuck with ol' Obama until January 2017.

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Klansman Trump Reminds Blacks They Will Never Be American

Read more: Klansman Trumps Reminds Blacks They Will Never Be American | News One

News One, racist site, got it... thanks.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Most have been deleted, and we both know that I have read more than one here, before they were deleted, next time I see another one I will save it for ya and send it to you and you can admit I am correct in the fact, yeah right you will.
It is the only reason I have one poster on ignore and should have a few others here. IMHO; racists are one of the lowest forms of life on this planet and the sad thing is a huge number of racists don't even know they are one.
Casper
They were deleted pretty quickly,I never read one....

But you know those tricky racists...sly and stealthy devils.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Yea look what Black Americans supporting Democrats has got them:

The percentage of Black Americans living below the poverty level has decrease by over 50% in th past 50 years.

On a numerical basis the number of Black Americans living below the poverty between 1959 and 2009 barely increased at all while the overall population of Black Americans increased by 114%.

In the past 50 years the number of Black Americans has more than doubled and the number of Black Americans with bachelors degrees or higher has increase by a factor of 15.

Before the Civil Rights Movement no Black American had ever been the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. In the past 20 years at least ten Black Americans have either been or are currently the CEO's of Fortune 500 companies.

Also:

Report: Shifting African-American Population (http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/report-shifting-african-american-population-114439 - broken link)

The only thing that has been left on the plantation is uninformed bigoted, ignorant and hateful perceptions about the progress of Black Americans in this country.
That would be in spite of the party they support,not because of it.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Because white people do have it easier in this country. I'm white and even I can see that.
I disagree,they have the same opportunities a everyone else.

Failing to take advantage of those opportunities is no-one's fault but their own.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I disagree,they have the same opportunities a everyone else.

Failing to take advantage of those opportunities is no-one's fault but their own.
It's "everyone else" who don't always have all the same opportunities--not "white people".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies