Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really? What welfare have i received that you haven't?
No idea what welfare you have been the beneficiary of...but you have flatly stated you won't stray from the Dem plantation more than once....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Truth is, he should've never released it in the first place.
True,we don't need to know such matters(who cares about the Constitution) about our beloved leaders.

Now drug issues or DUI's or if he was AWOL,THAT is of vital importance....

Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
You mean racist like this cop?
Attached Thumbnails
News, Klansman Trump Reminds Blacks They Will Never Be American.-racist-cops.jpg  

Old 04-28-2011, 12:34 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
Quite a few of my friends who happen to be black, get a kick out of these conversations. They laugh at the liberals who think they need a handout to make it in the world. They think it's more racist to think, "Oh, it's a poor black person, let's get them some welfare", than it is for someone to offer them a job. Poor liberal white people, you must have it rough out there in your little glass houses.....

Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

LOL...so true,the race card has been played out...
I doubt it. They'll play that thing so many times between now and 2012 until the corners will be permanently curled.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
No idea what welfare you have been the beneficiary of...but you have flatly stated you won't stray from the Dem plantation more than once....
You're right...you don't know. Which is why your welfare/plantation argument is ridiculous.

And speaking of plantation, how am i on a "plantation?" Explain.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
True,we don't need to know such matters(who cares about the Constitution) about our beloved leaders.

Now drug issues or DUI's or if he was AWOL,THAT is of vital importance....
Some of us are smart enough to assume that looking at precendent, the president is a born citizen of this country. You know, like all the other dudes who ran before him was, and who weren't hounded about a birth certificate.

DUI's, AWOL, or drug issues, huh? See, i knew you voted for Bush all along.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Klansman Trump Reminds Blacks They Will Never Be American

Read more: Klansman Trumps Reminds Blacks They Will Never Be American | News One
Lolz.

Could someone please point out to me the part where Klansman Trump says blacks will never be American? Thanks in advance.

I think Trump is a blowhard and he's a joke candidate but it sure is entertaining watching the neoprogs' heads explode every time he opens his mouth.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What do you have to say about the fact that white people are constantly being labeled racist whenever they criticize a person of color, but minorities say the most outright racist comments, but get a free pass.
I definitely know a lot of people, both white and of color, that turn everything into race even when it's not about race. I remember once a black teacher at my HS tried to go through with disciplinary action when a white student referred to their soul being blackened, in the sense of taken over with negative energy, tainted, etc. The imagery of God's light or a healthy soul being white and Satan's influence or an unhealthy soul being gray or black is a common one but this teacher turned it into a white people/black people/race thing. So I know what you're talking about--and I acknowledge that also happens.

That doesn't erase the fact that racism does happen either. There are also people that no matter how obviously racial something was, will deny to the bitter end that race had nothing to do with it. I've witnessed people claim they are "color-blind" and then 5 minutes later make a racist comment. I know someone who is white and totally blind and married to a black sighted woman, and I've even heard racist comments come out of him. So there are really people all over the spectrum: from completely ignoring racism, to downplaying it, to seeing it as it is, to exaggerating it a bit, to obsessing over it.

What I have come to notice is that more often than not, race is one factor of many, but rarely the only factor. For example, people always assumed that my black wife was my social worker and not married to me. But the fact that I was blind and female too also made it less likely for people to assume we're married. It'd be easy to say it had nothing to do with her race or gender but when I was with my white male sighted roommate, people often assumed we're engaged. This shows that race, gender and disability were all factors. So race was a factor but not the only factor. I notice that in day-to-day interactions, this is usually how it plays out. Nowadays, racism tends to be riding some other wave.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:54 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00rky View Post
He's not the only person in the country without a long form... Correct me if I am wrong but can't people get a reissued birth certificate from the State? He released a birth certificate already in 2008 so I guess thats the reason. But who really cares. He released it and now birthers are saying its fake and that he shouldn't of wasted his time. He can't win either way. Next they are going to want the doctor and nurse that were there we he was born to give a statement. LOL
Nah, I don't think that will be enough. I think they'd have to time-travel back to 1961 and witness Obama's birth for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies