Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Back on topic, None of this makes Trump a racist.
Why else did he not just trust the process that in order to even become a candidate for presidency, you need proof to be born in the U.S.? I could never become a U.S. presidential candidate even if I had a Ph.D. issued by God himself because my birth certificate shows I was born in Russia. Don't you think they notice that kind of thing before putting all that money into a campaign? I'm even willing to say that it wasn't all about race but I certainly think the fact he is not white and the fact he has a Muslim name and a last name that resembles Osama played into it somewhat. That stuff eats at people subconsciously and makes them second-guess and question things they would normally just trust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're right...you don't know. Which is why your welfare/plantation argument is ridiculous.
Do you speak for ALL black people???

Quote:
And speaking of plantation, how am i on a "plantation?" Explain.
Your refusal to think beyond the Dem party.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Some of us are smart enough to assume that looking at precendent, the president is a born citizen of this country. You know, like all the other dudes who ran before him was, and who weren't hounded about a birth certificate.
NO harm in showing it either...right?

Quote:
DUI's, AWOL, or drug issues, huh? See, i knew you voted for Bush all along.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Yes,did vote against Kerry,learned better and won't vote for the same old tired out parties...unlike you who even when you dislike what is being done,won't change.

As to knowing such things,it is called being informed.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:20 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Somebody needs to let Trump know that the United States of America isn't "The Apprentice". Obama's BC doesn't need his official approval and neither does Obama. This idea that he's going to tell us if Obama's BC is legit is absurd.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Looks like Trump is the new Palin. A popular topic of discussion. He annoys the left and the right blindly defends him. What a joke.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
When did Bush release his birth certificate?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Looks like Trump is the new Palin. A popular topic of discussion. He annoys the left and the right blindly defends him. What a joke.
Your screename is an anomaly. I don't know anybody on the right who "blindly defends" Trump. We know he's a joke candidate .....unlike MSNBC who take him so seriously that half their programming is dedicated to birtherism.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
When did Bush release his birth certificate?
That is irrelevant to these people, and by you pointing that out, you have officially played the "race card". What these idiots don't understand is that ambiguity doesn't last forever, and that people's true colors and hidden agendas will seep through eventually.

When Pat Buchanan decries those who play the "race card" while insisting that Judge Sotomayor was appointed to her position because of her race, insists that minorities have had no role in building America, and questions the audacity of Mr. Obama aspiring to office ("how dare this boy..."), the intentions are clear. When those who decry big government are also living off of government checks, subsidies, etc, the intentions are clear. When those who say that they don't care about race are the same who go on to spew neo-fascist rhetoric, then intentions are clear. If calling out fringe elements of the conservative movement is considered playing the "race card", then by all means I am playing the race card. What a world we would be li

Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I call BS on that. The whole birther issue could have been defused at the outset by the release of his birth certificate. They deliberately let the issue fester so nitwits on the left could accuse the GOP of racism.
I call BS on that. Why was there such an outcry for this guy's birth certificate in the first place, and none of the other 100 or so white guys (major candidates) who ran for President before him?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
NO harm in showing it either...right?

Yes,did vote against Kerry,learned better and won't vote for the same old tired out parties...unlike you who even when you dislike what is being done,won't change.

As to knowing such things,it is called being informed.
Yep. There's lots of harm in showing it.

And you didn't vote against Kerry. You voted FOR Bush. Twice. So in the end, you're no different than i am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies