Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 05:44 AM

1,070 posts, read 739,447 times

Advertisements

So what happens in the richest states in the nation like New Jersey and Connecticut? Are our most affluent states inhabited mainly by single mothers and people on welfare who make those states not only note vote blue but implement liberal policies that would make southerners tremble?
You don't make any sense, and neither does your repeated ad nauseam, conservative rhetoric.

Obama is harping on the rich paying their fair share because liberal policies worked in rich New Jersey, Connecticut, Canada, England and Australia. They work in all industrialized nations while conservative ideas don't work anywhere. Neither in Alabama nor Mississippi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
They are facts.

What marital group is most likely to be on government assistance? Single mothers. They vote over 2/3rds blue.

What education group is most likely to be on government assistance? High School Drop outs. They vote 2/3rds blue.

What races are most likely to be on government assistance? Blacks - vote over 90% blue. Native Americans - vote majority blue.

What income groups are most likely to be on government assistance? Lower income. They vote blue.

What age group is most likely to be on government assistance? The youth. They vote blue.

Which of these facts do you dispute? Factually, blue voter demographics are far more likely to be on assistance.

Pick just about any state... and look at the counties with more people on welfare, food stamps, etc...the more likely it is to vote blue.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...amps.html?_r=0

Counties in America with the most food stamp use:

#1 Wade Hampton, Alaska Over 70% for Obama
#2 Owsley, Kentucky 70% Romney
#3 Shannon, South Dakota 93% for Obama
#4 Pemiscot, Missouri 56% for Romney (in line with state average)
#5 Todd, South Dakota 79% Obama
#6 Sioux North Dakota 79% Obama
#7 Dunklin, Missouri 65% Romney
#8 East Carroll, Louisiana 66% Obama
#9 Humphreys, Mississippi 76% Obama
#10 Wolfe, Kentucky 60% Romney (in line with state average)
#11 Perry, Alabama 78% Obama
#12 Phillips, Arkansas 65% Obama
#13 Rollette, South Dakota 74% Obama
#14 Ripley, Missouri 71% Romney
#15 Ziebach, South Dakota 58% Obama
#16 Mississippi, Missouri 61% Romney
#17 Sharkey, Mississippi 70% Obama
#18 Wilcox, Alabama 74% Obama
#19 Zavala, Texas 83% Obama
#20 New Madrid, Missouri 59% Romney

Romney won 77.6% of all counties nationwide...

Yet Obama won 65% of the top 20 food stamp counties...

If you do not understand that blue voters are on average more likely to be on welfare, food stamps, unemployment benefits, etc...then you are admitting that you don't understand how the world works.

Why do you think Obama is constantly harping on the rich needing to pay their fair share, lying about fireman paying a higher effective rate than Mitt Romney, talking about expanding the social safety net, etc... Because the Democratic base has as one of its core constituencies the group of people on welfare, food stamps, SSDI, unemployment, etc...

Why did Democrats demonize Governor Snyder for saying that able bodied people can't be on unemployment benefits for over 4 years total with a few exceptions...because able bodied people on unemployment benefits for over 4 years tend to be Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 08:28 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Obama is harping on the rich paying their fair share because liberal policies worked in rich New Jersey, Connecticut, Canada, England and Australia. They work in all industrialized nations while conservative ideas don't work anywhere. Neither in Alabama nor Mississippi.
Conservative ideas can work just fine. The red states outside of the south fare much, much better. I live in Nebraska, one of the reddest states, and it ranks towards the top on many of social/economic scales:

HS graduation rate:#5
Unemployment:#3
Livability:#4
Cost of living:#7
Health ranking:#11
Well-being:#3
Volunteerism:#5
Teen pregnancy:#8
Best for business: #6
Best run states: #3 (ND, WY, UT, AK & SD also are in the top 10)

Other red states like Utah, Wyoming, North/South Dakota and Texas also do much better than the troubled red states in the south.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Conservative ideas can work just fine. The red states outside of the south fare much, much better. I live in Nebraska, one of the reddest states, and it ranks towards the top on many of social/economic scales:

Other red states like Utah, Wyoming, North/South Dakota and Texas also do much better than the troubled red states in the south.
This has been pointed out to him already and how the South is unique because of its history. I doubt it will have any impact on that particular person. Like I said before, it makes no sense. Liberals make excuse after excuse for the poor and various minorities because of historical disadvantages but give no quarter to the South which suffered under the leadership of the old Southern Democrats.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:50 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
This has been pointed out to him already and how the South is unique because of its history. I doubt it will have any impact on that particular person. Like I said before, it makes no sense. Liberals make excuse after excuse for the poor and various minorities because of historical disadvantages but give no quarter to the South which suffered under the leadership of the old Southern Democrats.
Rural Southerners did not suffer under either party. Via a disdain for education, they created their own economic plight. To blame either party is an act of personal lack of responsibility.

I'm no fan of pols of either party, but when certain regions underperform in terms of education, the fault lies within them.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:47 PM

You voted for them and I am pretty sure you loved their conservative policies. The South will never learn...

Quote:

Old 05-14-2014, 04:50 PM

And out of them all only Texas contributes more than it receives from the federal government.
Conservative polices fail anywhere where there is no oil or other natural resources to support the economic utopia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post

Old 05-14-2014, 05:13 PM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times
Quote:
So what happens in the richest states in the nation like New Jersey and Connecticut? Are our most affluent states inhabited mainly by single mothers and people on welfare who make those states not only note vote blue but implement liberal policies that would make southerners tremble?
You don't make any sense, and neither does your repeated ad nauseam, conservative rhetoric.
This is a nonsensical post.

Both political parties have MILLIONS of people across the full spectrum. There are blue areas and red areas BOOMING. There are blue areas and red areas struggling. However, you are putting your head in the sand and being ignorant by choice if you can't admit to the facts that blue voters are significantly more likely to be on welfare, food stamps, etc... Yes MILLIONS of blue voters aren't. MILLIONS of Red Voters are and aren't too.

Why do you keep hiding from the voter demographics of the Democrats and the demographics of those on welfare, food stamps, etc???

Why do you hide from the county stats?

Quote:
Certainly some liberal positions work. I support some liberal positions. Some liberal positions don't work, mathematically. Look at how the Democrats put their head in the sand in 2005 with Detroit's pension.

But that wasn't my point...you are evading my point - perhaps on purpose?

Obama and the Democrats demonize Republicans with strawman or sensationalized rhetoric or pure BS and etc...when it comes to welfare payments, unemployment benefits, food stamps, etc... Because FACTUALLY the Democrats have much of their base on welfare, food stamps, etc, and this is a way to get out their base.

Notice the Democrats didn't try to raise the wages when they had total control - now that they might get thumped in 2014 - it is a major campaign issue out of nowhere. Because the Democrats enjoy winning low income groups and need them to come out. Vote yourself a raise - we wouldn't give it to you before, but we'll give it to you now that we need you vote! Our priorities are so great!

Old 05-14-2014, 05:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
You voted for them and I am pretty sure you loved their conservative policies. The South will never learn...
How it pleases me to tell you that no, I never voted for any of those old Southern Democrats. Oh and it's laughable that you think the old Southern Democrats were conservative. They held no conservative positions. That's a fantasy you made up to fit your narrative that is being proven, time and again, as false.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
This is a nonsensical post.
Both political parties have MILLIONS of people across the full spectrum. There are blue areas and red areas BOOMING. There are blue areas and red areas struggling. However, you are putting your head in the sand and being ignorant by choice if you can't admit to the facts that blue voters are significantly more likely to be on welfare, food stamps, etc... Yes MILLIONS of blue voters aren't. MILLIONS of Red Voters are and aren't too.

I think this is you who ignores the fact that the richest states in the nation are blue voting liberal states like New Jersey and Connecticut while the most conservative, red states are the poorest like Alabama and Mississippi.

Quote:
Why do you keep hiding from the voter demographics of the Democrats and the demographics of those on welfare, food stamps, etc???

Why do you hide from the county stats?
I am not hiding anything, the red voting counties are the ones getting most help from the government. I gave you the link to that analysis before.

Quote:
Certainly some liberal positions work. I support some liberal positions. Some liberal positions don't work, mathematically. Look at how the Democrats put their head in the sand in 2005 with Detroit's pension.

But that wasn't my point...you are evading my point - perhaps on purpose?

Obama and the Democrats demonize Republicans with strawman or sensationalized rhetoric or pure BS and etc...when it comes to welfare payments, unemployment benefits, food stamps, etc... Because FACTUALLY the Democrats have much of their base on welfare, food stamps, etc, and this is a way to get out their base.

Notice the Democrats didn't try to raise the wages when they had total control - now that they might get thumped in 2014 - it is a major campaign issue out of nowhere. Because the Democrats enjoy winning low income groups and need them to come out. Vote yourself a raise - we wouldn't give it to you before, but we'll give it to you now that we need you vote! Our priorities are so great!
Only because liberal ideas work in New Jersey, Connecticut, Australia and Germany, making these places rich and affluent, while while conservative ideas don't work at all, making Alabama and Mississippi poor and desolate.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:13 PM

The south has been voting for southern democrats for quite a while. And yes, the southern democrats were neither liberal nor progressive, instead supporting conservative ideas like segregation.

Quote:
How it pleases me to tell you that no, I never voted for any of those old Southern Democrats. Oh and it's laughable that you think the old Southern Democrats were conservative. They held no conservative positions. That's a fantasy you made up to fit your narrative that is being proven, time and again, as false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies