Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:39 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,065 times

Advertisements

What happens when this country runs out of money for aid? Ain't gonna be a pretty sight, that much I can tell ya.

Americans depend more on federal aid than ever - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 04:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
What happens when this country runs out of money for aid? Ain't gonna be a pretty sight, that much I can tell ya.

I'd say we cut defense spending first.

What happens when the country doesn't have enough money to buy a military that costs 4 times what the rest of the world combined spends?

Oh yeah, we already do that, extend the debt, and cut social programs that people need.

What a joke.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:53 PM

639 posts, read 1,290,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

What happens when the country doesn't have enough money to buy a military that costs 4 times what the rest of the world combined spends?

Oh yeah, we already do that, extend the debt, and cut social programs that people need.

What a joke.
We can't cut our defense spending because it is the only thing keeping China from completely wiping us off the face of the earth.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
We can't cut our defense spending because it is the only thing keeping China from completely wiping us off the face of the earth.
We spend 4 times more money on our military then the world combined.

again....

4 TIMES MORE THAN THE REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED.

We outpace China by over 10 times alone.

I'd say we'd be safe with twice what the rest of the world spends, and 5 times greater than China.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Although I hate to admit it, I will be one of those people soon.

It is so degrading but how the hell am I supposed to eat? I keep praying for a full-time job because the part-time one I have just isn't cutting it anymore.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 PM

639 posts, read 1,290,379 times
Quote:
We spend 4 times more money on our military then the world combined.

again....

4 TIMES MORE THAN THE REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED.

We outpace China by over 10 times alone.

I'd say we'd be safe with twice what the rest of the world spends, and 5 times greater than China.
We can't skimp on military spending. It really is the only thing keeping us from getting our asses handed to us on a silver platter via every 1st world country and even some 3rd world ones all at once, gangbang style.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
We can't skimp on military spending. It really is the only thing keeping us from getting our asses handed to us on a silver platter via every 1st world country and even some 3rd world ones all at once, gangbang style.
Ok, let me try to rephrase it.

If you are paying 4 times more for a house that is 4 times more then what you need, are you smart if you keep spending that much, or should you look for a house thats double what you need?

Its not skimping when you are already spending to much.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:08 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:

What a joke.

The joke is you could cut 100% of defense spending and not close the deficit.

So what's your next joke?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post

I think we should have new Hoovervilles (Obamavilles? Ryanvilles?) for all the people who get dumped off the wagon, except government will always find the money to warehouse them somewhere to get them out of public view.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,920 times
Quote:
Do you know what a Neutron Bomb is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies