Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Thanks ... and I am not holding my breath

Apparently, George Orwell was an optimist. Even he couldn't envision a scenario that might convince a society to actually insist on paying more for things like taxes and fuel and food, else he would have included that little twist in the book.

Poor Exxon-Mobile ... only 45 Billion in profit. Let's take up a collection for them.

Sometimes I wonder if those Georgia Guide Stones aren't making a rational point after all.
THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Blasphemy to the radical right. I'm surprised the are not legislating to tear it down.

Have you read "The Celestine Prophecy"?

Had to add this...

The fact that most Americans have never heard of the Georgia Guidestones or their message to humanity reflects the degree of control that exists today over what the American people think. We ignore that message at our peril.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Energy costs are not optional, discretionary spending for people, like going out to the movies That takes the "willing to pay" out of the equation. You MUST pay for that energy, unless you think it's optional to eat?

What the hell I mean is that there would be a "SHOULD COST" if not for price fixing by a monopoly that used to be ILLEGAL ... back when there was at least an illusion of legitimacy.

What will it take? $50 a gallon and starvation to get a clue?
Living somewhere where you have to drive IS optional. Owning a vehicle that runs on gas is optional as well.

Personally? I live in a city and ride a bike/walk most places I go. Living 40 miles out into the suburbs and living out of your car is not something you MUST do.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Thanks ... and I am not holding my breath

Apparently, George Orwell was an optimist. Even he couldn't envision a scenario that might convince a society to actually insist on paying more for things like taxes and fuel and food, else he would have included that little twist in the book.

Poor Exxon-Mobile ... only 45 Billion in profit. Let's take up a collection for them.

Sometimes I wonder if those Georgia Guide Stones aren't making a rational point after all.
You do know that the dismal state of oil and gas prices back in the 90's drove many of the oil companies into bankruptcy and\or merger right?

So now that the industry is profitable again, these merged mega companies are amonst the largest in the world and thus have "large profits in a total dollars sense". Go look up their profit margin compared to GE, McDonalds, Sprint, Garmin, Apple etc. and then come back.

P.S. You touched on dollar devaluation \ inflation before. Right now gas would be easily <$3 a gallon if the dollar were worth what it was 10 years ago.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Blasphemy to the radical right. I'm surprised the are not legislating to tear it down.

Had to add this...

The fact that most Americans have never heard of the Georgia Guidestones or their message to humanity reflects the degree of control that exists today over what the American people think. We ignore that message at our peril.
It's a wonderful concept. However actual real-world implementation is another story. Kinda like how Mao and Stalin were creating utopias "for the people" where people would be treated well and equally....some more equally than others.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:15 AM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Living somewhere where you have to drive IS optional. Owning a vehicle that runs on gas is optional as well.

Personally? I live in a city and ride a bike/walk most places I go. Living 40 miles out into the suburbs and living out of your car is not something you MUST do.
Do the supermarkets have the food delivered by bicycle? Do the power companies spin those turbines by pedal power?

Think for 5 seconds, for God's sake. Are the farmers going to move to the city and ride the subway? You city people don't get it .... you rely on the rest of the country to survive and you don't even have a clue, and think the world revolves around you. It doesn't ... the world spins in spite of you, not because of you.

There is a whole world outside the city .... and the vast majority of people can't walk or ride a bike to work.

Not everyone can live in San Diego where it's temperate all year ... some people live up north and require fuel to survive cold winters ...

I ride a bike to work, and so can you?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Had to add this...

I was actually being somewhat facetious ... insinuating that the desire to reduce the population has some merit in some cases

Overall though .... the Georgia Guide stones presents a very sinister NWO view that 90% of the population needs to go bye bye amongst the more reasonable (however Utopian) views put forth, and I really cannot fathom that.

Given 6 Billion on the planet now, reducing that number by 5.5 Billion to achieve the goal is highly genocidal.

We certainly have our fair share of stupid people that would not be missed terribly if they were to disappear, but I don't think that accounts for 90+%, nor is anyone justly qualified to decide who the lucky 500 Million survivors should be.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Do the supermarkets have the food delivered by bicycle? Do the power companies spin those turbines by pedal power?

Think for 5 seconds, for God's sake. Are the farmers going to move to the city and ride the subway? You city people don't get it .... you rely on the rest of the country to survive and you don't even have a clue, and think the world revolves around you. It doesn't ... the world spins in spite of you, not because of you.

There is a whole world outside the city .... and the vast majority of people can't walk or ride a bike to work.

Not everyone can live in San Diego where it's temperate all year ... some people live up north and require fuel to survive cold winters ...

I ride a bike to work, and so can you?
wow. Did I strike a nerve? The statistics I posted (and the following conversation) was about gas prices, not oil or net energy costs. Do not go out of the scope of the conversation.

Alternative fuel sources will need to be found, alternative transportation sources will need to be found. Can you please actually apply some logic to this situation? Oil is a limited resource, and one on which our entire economy depends. As we deplete this LIMITED resource, we must work to find alternatives which can give us an acceptable quality of life. We got lucky with oil in the last 100 years. We stumbled upon a resource that allowed for some very short term (again - about 100 years) energy. Oil is not a sustainable solution.

I am proposing that you stop and think for a minute and realize that it is only logical that prices will increase as the net oil supply decreases. As the energy landscape changes (as it HAS to when a society relies on a limited resource), the persons in that society must change habits and behaviors as well.

We don't need small farmers. We need a few large farms, however people have absolutely no need to have giant yards and 40 mile commutes. The suburban lifestyle has grown largely because of oil, and without a reliable replacement fuel source, the suburban lifestyle will become less sustainable from a practical point of view.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You do know that the dismal state of oil and gas prices back in the 90's drove many of the oil companies into bankruptcy and\or merger right?

So now that the industry is profitable again, these merged mega companies are amonst the largest in the world and thus have "large profits in a total dollars sense". Go look up their profit margin compared to GE, McDonalds, Sprint, Garmin, Apple etc. and then come back.

P.S. You touched on dollar devaluation \ inflation before. Right now gas would be easily <$3 a gallon if the dollar were worth what it was 10 years ago.
Like I said ... in 1957 gas was .23 gallon. Today that Silver quarter is worth around 7 bucks. You do the math.

Moving on ... let me explain the realities of business and finance to you. The price of oil is set by the BIG sellers (Big Oil companies), not the small ones, and certainly not by a group of Middle Eastern puppets with towels wrapped around their heads, otherwise known as OPEC. I know they've told you this, but it's just not true. Saudi Arabia DOES NOT hold the world hostage to their whim ... they'd be systematically and quickly disappeared if they even tried. And among the group of the big sellers, there have been countless schemes and shenanigans that have transpired over the years which cover much more than just the price of a gallon of gas. Oil has been the primary tool of geopolitics for a very long time .. and it's been used to bust nations, and control others quite successfully. It's also been used as the quasi-backing of the US Dollar as the world reserve currency, and the only reason the US Dollar hadn't collapsed years ago. This means that Oil really does control the world economy, and that said, the world economy is controlled by the Oil Companies who set the price. Of course, even the suits in the boardrooms of big corps like Exxon Mobile are just well paid managers who do what their bosses (international banking cartel) tell them to do ... including what the price of a barrel of oil will be tomorrow and next year. This is the reality.

As an example, this is one little game that was played in the 70's & 80's. The Oil "shortage" and the rising prices that went from $12 to $35+ a barrel. The Saudis built all of this infrastructure to expand production to capitalize on that big increase .... and they were also convinced to roll huge amounts of that oil revenue into Gold ... and we saw a huge spike in Gold, that reached $850 an ounce. So the Saudis built up this massive stockpile of Gold, buying a lot of it at $500 ... $600 ... $700 an ounce. Then, out of the blue, the rug was pulled out from under them ... and Oil prices dropped through the floor, down to under $10 per barrel. Now, they have this infrastructure that is hugely expensive, and Oil revenues cut by 2/3 .... guess what they ultimately had to do? That's right, they had to sell that Gold ... and that's when the central banks dumped large amounts of gold on the market cheaply, and that $850 price tag dropped to under $150. So that Gold that they bought for $600 ... they sold for $150 ... so they were whacked on both sides ... lost their rear ends on the Oil and the Gold.

Along with that, you have the small oil companies that can't absorb a cut in revenue of that magnitude and are forced to go out of business, which then sees the big guys swoop in and buy them up, pennies on the dollar. After consolidation occurs ... the prices slowly return to higher levels and that's how monopolies are created and maintained.

None of this stuff happens by accident or whim of nature. This is carefully orchestrated economic booms and busts ...bubbles are created and bubbles are popped. That's how the big get bigger and remain in control. The price of a gallon of gasoline is nothing more than a thermostat used to control the temperature of individual economies and the world economy too. You can raise or lower regional gas prices to manipulate a regional economy, regardless of what the price of oil is per barrel, and you can create energy crisis any time you want with a war or chaos or by simply blaming those dastardly greedy Arabs for raising the price of oil

Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
wow. Did I strike a nerve? The statistics I posted (and the following conversation) was about gas prices, not oil or net energy costs. Do not go out of the scope of the conversation.

Alternative fuel sources will need to be found, alternative transportation sources will need to be found. Can you please actually apply some logic to this situation? Oil is a limited resource, and one on which our entire economy depends. As we deplete this LIMITED resource, we must work to find alternatives which can give us an acceptable quality of life. We got lucky with oil in the last 100 years. We stumbled upon a resource that allowed for some very short term (again - about 100 years) energy. Oil is not a sustainable solution.

I am proposing that you stop and think for a minute and realize that it is only logical that prices will increase as the net oil supply decreases. As the energy landscape changes (as it HAS to when a society relies on a limited resource), the persons in that society must change habits and behaviors as well.

We don't need small farmers. We need a few large farms, however people have absolutely no need to have giant yards and 40 mile commutes. The suburban lifestyle has grown largely because of oil, and without a reliable replacement fuel source, the suburban lifestyle will become less sustainable from a practical point of view.
That sounds like a lot of Agenda 21 talk to me.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That sounds like a lot of Agenda 21 talk to me.
I think it is absolutely coming. I don't necessarily thing governments need to be involved, however. As oil prices rise, I think the private industry will naturally move in the way I described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies