Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 02:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nope not a chance, I would like to see the Homosexual community try this it would be a major failure on their part. You might get away with it in San Francisco but I highly doubt it, people are only going to be pushed so far.
What's this got to do with homosexuals..I'm a straight guy and wish I had the option to have been left hole. Mutilating my genitals was unfair and unreasonable. If their were true health issues with having foreskin, it wouldn't simply be an option to circumsized.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:15 PM

People are funny as hell. They'll accept anything that's old. Even mutilating genitals for no apparent reason. LOL..Humans, I tell ya.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Penile cancer accounts for 0.1% of all cancers and circumcisions were taking place before cancer/infections had been discovered. It's an old religious ritual to control sexual stimulation. That's all it is. Religious people have crafted fake reasons to keep the ritual alive..It's another one of those religious things that if it was brought up today, people would say get the fluck out of my face. It's about time we stop mutilating babies..
Again, it's not "mutilation." It is a common surgical procedure.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again, it's not "mutilation." It is a common surgical procedure.
It's a useless mutilation of genitals. Just because it's common doesn't make it normal. If it's so normal, let the kid have it done when they're old enough to decide.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Penile cancer accounts for 0.1% of all cancers and circumcisions were taking place before cancer/infections had been discovered. It's an old religious ritual to control sexual stimulation. That's all it is. Religious people have crafted fake reasons to keep the ritual alive..It's another one of those religious things that if it was brought up today, people would say get the fluck out of my face. It's about time we stop mutilating babies..
Circumcision prevents Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome.

" It was believed that by the Jewish practice of circumcision, Lilith would not harm infants in their crib. "

Read more: Lilith Unveiled

Old 04-30-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Circumcision prevents Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome.

" It was believed that by the Jewish practice of circumcision, Lilith would not harm infants in their crib. "

Read more: Lilith Unveiled
Religions are so sick.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
It's a useless mutilation of genitals. Just because it's common doesn't make it normal. If it's so normal, let the kid have it done when they're old enough to decide.
It is included in my medical book "Complete Guide to Symptoms, Illness and Surgery." Such a book would not have "mutilation" in its contents.

There will be a lot of angry kids if they decide to have it done. Angry because they know their parents could have had it done when they were young enough not to remember the procedure (and pain).

I know someone who had it done when he was about 30 years old. He had it done because his wife complained about pain during you-know-what. It was not a pleasant experience for him. I'm sure he would have preferred "mutilation" as a baby rather than as an adult. Too bad his parents didn't have it done soon after he was born... it would have saved a lot of discomfort for both husband and wife.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Yes it is but I'm not fond of street people bumming everywhere you go, every stop light had people bumming for money, all the places we wanted to see the same thing, not my idea of a fun place. Back to the topic.
heck we took pictures of some of the pan handlers with their signs as to why they wanted money. We thought they were pretty funny and that was exactly 1 year ago right now. I doubt it has changed. We used to live in Marin Co, hubby worked in San Francisco and still, other than the beauty we didn't find much appealing about the place.

Nita

Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It is included in my medical book "Complete Guide to Symptoms, Illness and Surgery." Such a book would not have "mutilation" in its contents.

There will be a lot of angry kids if they decide to have it done. Angry because they know their parents could have had it done when they were young enough not to remember the procedure (and pain).

I know someone who had it done when he was about 30 years old. He had it done because his wife complained about pain during you-know-what. It was not a pleasant experience for him. I'm sure he would have preferred "mutilation" as a baby rather than as an adult. Too bad his parents didn't have it done soon after he was born... it would have saved a lot of discomfort for both husband and wife.
So the guy lives a normal life to the age of 30 uncut but his too tight wife didn't like it? SOunds like his wife had the problem. That's no excuse to mutilate kids. What if he'd married a wife with some width? Your point is not valid. It's an old religious procedure that was once and is still in some place done by preachers which in years past resulted in many infections and other problems. It was made a medical procedure to make it safe. Just because it's been made safe, doesn't mean it's a neccessity. Let the man choose.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
What's this got to do with homosexuals..I'm a straight guy and wish I had the option to have been left hole. Mutilating my genitals was unfair and unreasonable. If their were true health issues with having foreskin, it wouldn't simply be an option to circumsized.
and this has damaged you for life? I was talking to my brother last night. He lives in Ca, I asked him how he feels about this? His answer, Hell, I just have been asleep, I don't remember them cutting any of it off.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies