Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
could be, but I don't see how Obama gains by visiting ANY deep red state like alabama.
Here's revolutionary idea for you ...... he needs to go because it's his job.

Not because there's something to be gained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
i think it's sad that we've reached a point in this country where such a thing is actually worth commending. Obama is the president of the United States TODAY. how these people will vote for him two years down the line shouldn't matter.

I mean good for Obama and all, but i would expect this. Just like I'd expect a conservative president to show up in New York if there was a disaster there.
i don't know where i went wrong here but AeroGuyDC just gave me positive reputation for this comment.

Is it true that we're actually in agreement of something? Can someone ask Reagan if it's getting chilly down there?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
WTH are you talking about?

Doesn't matter who voted for or against - dude is the POTUS, it's his job to have CONCERN for the PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY he 'RUNS' when disaster strikes - no matter the voting trend in any state in which a disaster occurs.

Typical liberal BS - put someone on a pedestal for doing the MINIMUM of what their job requires.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
I would imagine that you would want the President to act, well, presidential regardless of the voting demographic. Quite a repulsive thought that the President should only visit those states that can further his personal political career. Really, that's what you want out of your President??

Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
I'm not sure which state that you live in. Living in a fervently anti-Obama state (Tex) and hearing it all of the time, I seriously wouldn't blame him for not setting foot in this state or any other southern state. I think that the Kennedy assassination enforces this in my mind. Texas was/is a hostile state for Dems and look what happened.
Well he was here .. He tied up traffic in Houston for 12 hours during a half hour fund raising visit last year ..

Just the traffic mess (a disaster all on it's own) he creates when he visits is enough for Texans to want to keep him away .. nevermind the politics.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:28 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
could be, but I don't see how Obama gains by visiting ANY deep red state like alabama. Bush and the WTC put Bush on a world stage because there was never any attack like that on American soil, especially one foisted upon innocent civilians.
Bush's visit to the WTC and Obama's visit to Ala do not compare.

OK, so let's review...

Obama...good

Bush...bad

Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Obama's move was all for show.
Isn't pretty much anything a politician does "for show" in one way or another? The whole thing is a game. Seems there's no way around it.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
WTH are you talking about?

Doesn't matter who voted for or against - dude is the POTUS, it's his job to have CONCERN for the PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY he 'RUNS' when disaster strikes - no matter the voting trend in any state in which a disaster occurs.

Typical liberal BS - put someone on a pedestal for doing the MINIMUM of what their job requires.
A minimum standard some presidents haven't met.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Obama to visit Alabama tornado zone Friday | Reuters

President Obama has already offered federal assistance and is visiting Alabama, an overwhelmingly red state that would never vote for him. It's refreshing to see a President that acts like a President for all of the people.
Than off to see the shuttle launch...in Florida where the people won't vote as a majority for Obama....since the Rep. received the most votes.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Obama to visit Alabama tornado zone Friday | Reuters

President Obama has already offered federal assistance and is visiting Alabama, an overwhelmingly red state that would never vote for him. It's refreshing to see a President that acts like a President for all of the people.
Obama is only doing this because he took a political hammering for not visiting North Carolina after their tornado outbreak. If you recall he had a more important fund raiser in San Francisco. However, since Obama just finished an important fundraiser in NYC, this fits into his campaign schedule. How transparent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies