Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
anything dealing with something gay, the op will start a thread on. I get the feeling gay "issues" are his number one priority.
Its not that, everyone has his/her favorite issues. It is the pattern of starting threads and then the name calling the OP onesidely participates as a result with anyone posting anything but cheerleading for said pro-gay activist thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Big deal, so have I.
Doesn't mean anything, really.
Strangely, at the time, it did for me. I thought I was doing something important. I was connecting with my heritage. That's the way it is for most southerners.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
We're involved in 3 wars, the cost of oil and gas is rising, there's a crisis in the Middle East, the poverty rate is increasing, the federal debt and deficit is rising at unsustainable levels, we have an incompetent president, the value of the US dollar is falling, stock markets are overinflated, we're in severe danger of this 3 year long recession worsening, the housing market is experiencing a double dip, millions of families are struggling financially and you're worried about the military learning to "accept" gays?
It's called social engineering. And it's probably pretty important to the op. I suppose if I were gay I'd prioitize on it as well. As it is I have my own concerns, like the proper functioning of the us military. In a world filled with people who like to target and kill us civilians a functioning military is probably important, for some of us.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
It's called social engineering. And it's probably pretty important to the op. I suppose if I were gay I'd prioitize on it as well. As it is I have my own concerns, like the proper functioning of the us military. In a world filled with people who like to target and kill us civilians a functioning military is probably important, for some of us.
I'm not gay and I think that it's in the best interest of a government, and a nation, to accept all citizens equally.
I believe that it hurts everyone when discrimination is practiced.
I believe in inclusion rather than exclusion.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, but this is the Holy Grail of liberal social engineering. Since this effort depends on suppressing dissenting views, only the military can provide the correct environment for forcing homosexuality on people who might otherwise express disapproval. For the left, the military is the next best thing to a true totalitarian police state complete with thought crime laws.
Look for education to be next. My state arkansas, a democratic party property for all intents and purposes, has now signed on to adopt national standards. I fully expect to see similar social engineering curricula to crop up there at some point in the future. All hail our glorious leaders.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm not gay and I think that it's in the best interest of a government, and a nation, to accept all citizens equally.
I believe that it hurts everyone when discrimination is practiced.
I believe in inclusion rather than exclusion.
Identity politics has little to do with inclusion/exclusion and more to do with political patronage. The homosexual lobby just got rewarded for it's political patronage. The american military has just become a part of the political spoils system.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:49 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
There is quite a bit of accuracy to this, no matter if you agree or disagree with homosexuality. After all, if you're going to force a group into acceptance of an idea, the military would be ideal because as I stated before, as a Marine, you follow orders or face UCMJ.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Instead of gay acceptance training they should be doing combat and safety training.....you know, things that help you fight and defend.
Again, it's a matter of political patronage. The gay lobby just got paid off for years of monies and votes. I just can't wait to see what they'll offer the mexicans next, maybe mexican mre's. That might get the democratic party members a few percentage points boost in the polls.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There is quite a bit of accuracy to this, no matter if you agree or disagree with homosexuality. After all, if you're going to force a group into acceptance of an idea, the military would be ideal because as I stated before, as a Marine, you follow orders or face UCMJ.
I seem to remember just how big the military was on following orders as a simple seaman.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsetdude View Post
'I hate to point this out but you do realize those nations in blue generally speaking have barely functioning militaries don't you. '

You do know that "Gays" have been serving in the Military forever, right?

The Israel Defense Forces are barely functioning?

Their stats show open sexuality has had NO effect.
I was well aware of that when I was there. In regards to israel. It is a different culture than mine. I care little what they perceive to be right or wrong. It doesn't affect me.

In regards to their military, yes they've been very successful at defending their people. My hat's off to them. However, this wouldn't have happened without the us.

As for the european militaries, they barely exist. Just take a long hard look at what they have, and what they do with it. That would be nothing and nothing. The europeans managed to outsource their defence to the us decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies