Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Who decided they did need training? maybe they didn't need it.
They probably do know how to act like decent human beings and follow orders, but this is to cover all bases.

Now America is one step closer to becoming a civilized nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,021,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I've sat in on a few training sessions.
They need it, they have a 2-week school on how to fold laundry, so I think this is worth an hour of their time.
As someone upthread mentioned, if trained, they have no way of saying that "they didn't know".
The point of training the military of every little detail isn't always because they need it. It's actually about teaching the young recruit that the military has certain standards and methods to perform tasks, even the most mundane, and that to do so correctly is to do so in the method taught. Boot camp is all about stripping away the individuality of each of the recruits and creating a team that works together as one unit. Training emphasizes this through both lessons and exercises.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:59 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
They probably do know how to act like decent human beings and follow orders, but this is to cover all bases.

Based on whose criteria?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And if a soldier is off duty and sees gays kissing he/she has every right to say and think what he/she wants.
..........saying anything you want to a federally protected social class member.....methinks that would be bad if one wanted a career in the "new" army.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
..........saying anything you want to a federally protected social class member.....methinks that would be bad if one wanted a career in the "new" army.
I didn't mean say it to them, say it to your friends that you are with. I also hope these stipulations are also on the gays. What will happen if a gay soldier makes a heterosexual comment to a straight soldier? What if a gay soldier voices their displeasure with seeing a heterosexual soldier kiss the opposite sex? I mean, I hope these rules are fair across the board.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Communism oppresses the rights of everyone. Plenty of bigots exist without being religious. In the United States and the Middle East, however, religion is almost the exclusive reason people hate gays.
In point of fact it didn't very much oppress the leadership of the communists themselves. You see that's all communism accomplishes, it replaces one ruling class with another.

For example lavrentiy beria was one of the most feared member of stalins government, an extremely scary bunch. It's my understanding he liked to cruise moscow and kidnap pretty girls, with his drivers assistance. He would then take them back to the office and torture them to death. He did it quite openly. It was perfectly legal for him to do so. He had every "right" to do so. So no, communism didn't oppress everyone, just us hairy unwashed ones. That would also be the class our upper classes would like to oppress as well.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I didn't mean say it to them, say it to your friends that you are with. I also hope these stipulations are also on the gays. What will happen if a gay soldier makes a heterosexual comment to a straight soldier? What if a gay soldier voices their displeasure with seeing a heterosexual soldier kiss the opposite sex? I mean, I hope these rules are fair across the board.
Don't tell me, you're nine years old. Just how naive are you anyway?

This isn't about fairness. It's about political patronage and political power. You don't achieve that by being..........fair.

Last edited by Dutchman01; 04-29-2011 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 02:16 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
If a Marine sees two men kissing, off duty, he is to react no differently than if it were a man and a woman.
Nothing will ever prevent me from nearly vomitting if I happen to see 2 dudes tying tongues. Or 2 butch lesbians.

2 lipstick lesbians would be an entirely different story though...

Old 04-29-2011, 02:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,317,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Nothing will ever prevent me from nearly vomitting if I happen to see 2 dudes tying tongues. Or 2 butch lesbians.

2 lipstick lesbians would be an entirely different story though...

It's only natural.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:25 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,303,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
All this time I didn't realize I was living in an "uncivilized" nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies