Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, it's far more polarized now than it was in 1950.

I don't give a damn about how polarized things are.

I said in my life time.....

I wasn't born in 1950

Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
How about no more incompetent presidents? Black, white, red, pink, blue, the color doesn't matter.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
The o.p. is a troll post complete with visual aids for no other purpose but to inflame the susceptible. I do not believe that huge numbers of white voters voted for Obama because he was black. Let's get real. They voted for Hope and Change. Obama is far from the whitest black man out there. He is, IMO, a lot closer to what most perceive a black man to be than card carrying oreo's like Condeleeza Rice, Colin Powell or Clarence Thomas. As a very dark skinned black man with a decidedly "citizen of the world" presentation (i.e. a card carrying oreo) I didn't think Obama had a chance. I cringe when the brother opens his mouth. You all think he sounds white? I don't. My standards for sounding white are a LOT higher than I thought. People elected a guy they thought could get things done. They were tired of the same old same old. Clinton was a white guy who could get things done (as much as anyone can get anything done in the morass of Washington). Assuming Clinton had never run before, given a choice between Bill Clinton and Barack Obama there would not be any doubt: Clinton by a landslide. A choice between Al Gore and Barack Obama... likewise, no doubt at all: Obama by a handsome margin. The mistake was thinking that Obama could suspend the laws of gravity and whip a country as far in decline as America into shape in just two short years.

If we are to follow the o.p.'s premise to it's illogical conclusion we have to accept that the appallingly destructive legacy of the Bush administration signals an end to the practice of electing white males to the highest office in the land. Hmmmm. Think that's likely? Clinton tried, but failed to deliver Clintoncare. Washington is rough on the idealistic. Clinton is associated with NAFTA and we know what a success that is. He is not, however, considered a 'bad' president in any fair assessment afaik. Everyone knows how quickly ideals crumple under the weight of special interests and cronyism. America really wants to be Republican but Republicans keep hurting America. It's like loving chocolate but being highly allergic to it. After every binge and the resultant agony, there will come a resolve to get back on the wagon and vote Democrat. Blacks will be there. A black man (woman?) will be President again. It may take a while but, if America lasts it will happen again.

H

Last edited by Leisesturm; 04-29-2011 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
You are absolutely right. Both of them are great.
MORebelWoman: I'm sure both Herman Cain and Allen West would show their pearly whites, wave to the crowd and be extremely proud to have you in the backdrop of their photo op...singing Dixie and waving your Confederate Flag.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Can I just ask this question?

.... when has there ever been a president that NO ONE complained about?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Can I just ask this question?

.... when has there ever been a president that NO ONE complained about?
There's no one left alive to ask about William Henry Harrison's brief 32 days in office.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
There's no one left alive to ask about William Henry Harrison's brief 32 days in office.
How many people complained about Garfield? There's no one left alive to ask about his administration, either....

Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM

23 posts, read 28,542 times
Citizenkane,
I certainly agree and also imo, it really wouldnt have never mattered if Obama were the worst or most brilliant man, exceeding all the brilliance and charisma of all the geniuses in the universe.
And although there were/is millions of white folks who believe in him like you, fact is, mixed or not, he's still a black man to those who never wanted to see an Afro-American man in the esteemed position of world power: The Oval Office. So he was set up to fail no matter what he did. How so, well just as you implied, any and everything about his background character and integrity has been picked clean scrutinized and demoralized in order to make him appear as the most awful human being that ever lived. As if he started all of Americas troubles. No He just stepped into and got blamed for the bile pile that Bush and all his predecessors forgot to flush. This was to ensure that black people wouldnt be able to play the PITAB race card white people groan about because life is so darn equal, blacks are just a bunch of ungrateful ingrate troublemakers to even imagine anything otherwise, in this racially/socially fair country that was never established on such a principle nyway. Yup, they made a point to give Obama a curved barrel and a good shot at failure. And THAT my friend, is why another black man will never get a shot at sitting in that office again: Because it will just be another Bogus Adventure.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
How many people complained about Garfield? There's no one left alive to ask about his administration, either....
And the left accuses the right of not having humor.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And the left accuses the right of not having humor.
This must be the first time I've been called a right winger on C-D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies