Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 PM

518 posts, read 823,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

YouTube - Lawrence O'Donnell:" Republicans Saying a Black Man Can't Be The Real Boss"

Wow.....just listen to this!!! What a reach!!! Even that lady was like "Whoa".....

Didn't the left constantly accuse Cheney of being Bush's boss???

This is the race card in over-drive!!! And it is splitting this country apart!

YouTube - CBS' Bob Schieffer to Katie Couric: Donald Trump Is Showing An 'Ugly Strain Of Racism'

Wasn't Bush called an idiot?? Questioned on how he could have gotten into Yale??

Well, yes, but Bush is an idiot.

And, yes, sometimes the cry of racism does seem absurd. And other times it makes those who have racist motives very uncomfortable to throw it in their face. Racism is ingrained in the American experience. It has been our national disease for a very long time. Obama did not bring it to the White House with him, it followed him.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:19 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,204,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I disagree. U.S. voters will choose the right candidate with no regard for race.
You were proven wrong - disasterously wrong - in 2008. Back to the drawing board.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,386,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
You were proven wrong - disasterously wrong - in 2008. Back to the drawing board.
Americans are wiser now. No more mass hysteria for a perceived savior of America.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:29 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,204,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
No more black Presidents

How about no more RUBES voting, regardless of the candidates race.
That would insure no more black presidents.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:49 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,128,198 times
Quote:
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

AND THESE ARE WHITE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

We are so polarized right now! I've never seen it this bad in my life time.

Obama has blown it for the bruthas...

I agree with you. It's not going to be good for women either. I don't want to vote for anyone who's going to be able to accuse me of some 'ism' if I think they suck at their job.
Who needs the headache? Screw it!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,128,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
Well, yes, but Bush is an idiot.

And, yes, sometimes the cry of racism does seem absurd. And other times it makes those who have racist motives very uncomfortable to throw it in their face. Racism is ingrained in the American experience. It has been our national disease for a very long time. Obama did not bring it to the White House with him, it followed him.
It may have followed him home but HE has made it a much beloved family pet that he wouldn't dream of being without.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 PM

26,916 posts, read 15,115,776 times
Don't lose faith citizenkane2.

We are tired of the race card being played because we disagree with the man's policy but while we are wrongfully called racist for it we know better.

We know that what matters is the right man regardless of what his race is.

I didn't vote for him due to knowing his outlook & policies would not be good for the U.S..

It was never that he was a black man but rather the wrong man.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:53 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,507,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I agree with you. It's not going to be good for women either. I don't want to vote for anyone who's going to be able to accuse me of some 'ism' if I think they suck at their job.
Who needs the headache? Screw it!
wow....didnt think of that....

Old 05-01-2011, 02:03 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,082,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Let's be honest: more than a few white people voted for him based on his race, or at least it was a major factor in their decision.
I would agree with this, and I would extend it to the blacks, also, for obvious reasons.

For me, I was a bleeding heart liberal at the time, and I shared that same idealistic mindset that we can change the world...and voting for the first black president was included in that, at least subconsciously. I figured either way, I would be part of making history, as I would be voting for either the first black president or the first female president.

I look back on this and am embarrassed. Everyone else who did the same should feel similarly.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 AM

2,855 posts, read 6,464,128 times
Quote:
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

AND THESE ARE WHITE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

We are so polarized right now! I've never seen it this bad in my life time.

Obama has blown it for the bruthas...
I would vote for a black man/woman, if I believed they truly planned to serve ALL Americans fairly and justly. I didn't vote for Obama, not because he is black, but because I do not trust his motives or his vision for the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies