Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
....you know that was a joke, right?
Hey, sometimes not so sure!! Next time put a smile with it!! Glad you were not serious.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Osama Bin Laden has been reportedly killed. This blows your theory out of the water. Obama is in there till 2016 like it or not.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......
Why? In all fairness, he's also half white!

He didn't blow it for black or white, he blew it for not being business-minded enough, our economy stuck in the crapper, and being too far-left for most regular people. Very little, if nothing to do with what race his father happened to be.

I guarantee you if we had a black (including 100% black) candidate who was business-minded, more pro-American, moderate, and real-life smart (rather than just book-smart) he or she would be completely electable. Especially in poor economic times like now.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Osama Bin Laden has been reportedly killed. This blows your theory out of the water. Obama is in there till 2016 like it or not.
Really?! It is so sick to use this national victory as a platform for Obama!

He was at the right place (president's seat) at the right time (now).

How easily some forget he wanted to CLOSE Guantanamo in 2009 and stop interrogation of the prisoners. http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/01/obama_orders_gu.html

You do realize UBL was killed as a direct result of intelligence (tips) from a Guantanamo captive?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3558928/Osama-bin-Laden-dead.html

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM

12,029 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Citizencane,

As a "white independent" I totally agree with your assessment and want to thank you for your honesty and courage! I was a lifelong Dem, and became Independent years ago because I saw how the Dems were crushing free speech in this country---especially around "race." I don't blame Obama personally; I blame the whole liberal agenda that represses free speech with their political correctness gone haywire. Using PC to fabricate a false sense of "moral superiority."

Example--we can not deal with reforming immigration issues in this country because anyone not Hispanic who tries to state the truth about what we are dealing with in illegal immigration problems in our communities is called a racist, bigot, and anti-immigration. The Dems disguise this as compassion for the underdog, when what they really want is the Hispanic vote. So even though polls show overwhelming support for illegal-immigration reform, Anglos are too afraid to speak out as their business and personal life will be attacked by the liberals who are just pandering for Hispanic votes. And the Repubs won't get a backbone because of cheap labor issues, and now they too covet the H vote.

But the SADDEST part is that because people are so fed up with the repercussions of overwhelming illegal immigration in there communities, it is creating strong new racial tensions against Hispanics in general. I have seen this new tension against Hispanics building in my own community, and it really saddens me.
I hope that we can see more Hispanics that have your type of clarity and courage to speak up and help lead us before we foster even more racial tension.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Obama produced what he was legally required to produce. A legal document confirming his place of birth, certified by the State of Hawaii. Why should Obama have to produce anything additional? Why did so many people not believe the legal documents when it came to Obama?
The Constitutional requirement is "natural born citizen". It is NOT, being born in America. Obama's mother was not "of majority", and his father was. Under law existing at that time, citizenship would be determined by that of the Father, not Mother.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
The Constitutional requirement is "natural born citizen". It is NOT, being born in America. Obama's mother was not "of majority", and his father was. Under law existing at that time, citizenship would be determined by that of the Father, not Mother.
Everything about Obama's birth was well documented with legal documents prior to his election. Good luck getting people to support your specious assertions.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 AM

78,324 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I was always a Hill Clinton supporter. I always thought both candidates were similar with issues. I stopped supporting her after the South Carolina comment.

I never thought Bush was a racist. I thought he was a classist. Never heard he "blew up the levees" comment.
Spike Lee among others claimed they blew up the levees for racist reasons. Most reasoning individuals know this to be false but when you are grinding a political axe sometimes you are blinded to the obvious of a CAT4 storm breaching a **** that was deemed unlikely to hold vs. a CAT2.

P.S. Filters will not let me spell D I K E.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM

78,324 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
...and yet no serious republican or consitutional scholar supports this assertion.

Heck, Hillary would have nuked him on the topic in the primaries if the argument held any water at all.

So, your premise is that all of Obama's political enemies from both parties have a clear case to remove him and just haven't acted on it.

My premise is that a small faction of delusional rightwing types have fallen for the equivalent of the Nigerian dictator scam and don't know that everyone around them thinks they've lost their minds.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Were these people American citizenship questioned. Were these people disrepected on the House floor. You have politicos forwarding racist emails about a sitting President.

People have always questioned policy like I said. Tell me why all the other issues are occuring.

They tired to impreach Clinton, because they thought he tarnished the "office", not because of race.

http://cdn1.newsone.com/files/2011/04/President_Obama_Monkeys-300x213-300x212.jpg (broken link)

I guess this is normal. Oh yeah, it's satire. I get it.

"Sigh".....

Remember these??? Probably not. Since he wasn't your guy.

How about these?

/

My point is that ALL of it is wrong!! But we only seem to have selective outrage! When it's "our guy", we get really angry.....when it's "their guy" we think it's funny! Have we so short a memories of the last 8 years of berating Bush?

Like I said earlier , we have fought hard for the right to be treated like everybody else. That goes both ways sis.....the good and the bad!

And we can't cry racism when we finally get equal treatment!

Why can't people disagree or criticize Obama without the racist claims flyin'?? I'm not talking about Hitler and Monkey signs! You brought that into this discussion with your picture. I'm talking about his foreign policy....his healthcare....the gas prices and economy.....at every turn we get, "They just don't like a black man in the White House!"

It's tired!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.