Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,215,172 times

Advertisements

So you're calling for killing people who may or may not be "stickering" something.
Really...

And you wonder why we think that so many of you are whacked.
I don't want you armed if you'd even consider this type of action.
I guess human life is only important when you're refusing a woman the right to choose.

Feh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,153,603 times
Default the correct question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"
So if you catch them in your store vandalizing it, can you shoot them?
I think the proper questions are, "How many times can I shoot them, what caliber can I use, and is there a bag limit?".

Remember folks, Gun Control is never having to say, "I Missed You".
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, should be a convenience store and not a government agency.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,307,949 times
Default If Your Store Is Being Vandalized Do You Have The Right To Shoot Them?

Not here in California but they would be arrested if caught.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,259,382 times
Quote:
"On May 1, left-wing vigilantes will target companies across the country that have committed a mortal sin: sending donations to GOP Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. They're calling for both a national boycott of Walker's corporate donors and a coordinated sticker vandalism campaign on GOP-tainted products. The Wisconsin Grocers Association is bracing for the anti-Walker witch hunt. Anonymous operatives have circulated sabotage stickers on the Internet and around Wisconsin that single out Angel Soft tissue paper ("Wiping your (expletive) on Wisconsin workers"), Johnsonville Sausage ("These Brats Bust Unions") and Coors ("Labor Rights Flow Away Like A Mountain Stream"). Earlier this week, a "Stick It To Walker" website boasted photos of vandalized Angel Soft tissue packages at a Super Foodtown grocery store in Brooklyn, N.Y."

The Wisconsin Witch Hunt Goes National - Page 1 - Michelle Malkin - Townhall Conservative

Who was doing the physical shooting?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,980,033 times
Here in South Carolina, yes.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,822,545 times
Quote:
"On May 1, left-wing vigilantes will target companies across the country that have committed a mortal sin: sending donations to GOP Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. They're calling for both a national boycott of Walker's corporate donors and a coordinated sticker vandalism campaign on GOP-tainted products. The Wisconsin Grocers Association is bracing for the anti-Walker witch hunt. Anonymous operatives have circulated sabotage stickers on the Internet and around Wisconsin that single out Angel Soft tissue paper ("Wiping your (expletive) on Wisconsin workers"), Johnsonville Sausage ("These Brats Bust Unions") and Coors ("Labor Rights Flow Away Like A Mountain Stream"). Earlier this week, a "Stick It To Walker" website boasted photos of vandalized Angel Soft tissue packages at a Super Foodtown grocery store in Brooklyn, N.Y."

The Wisconsin Witch Hunt Goes National - Page 1 - Michelle Malkin - Townhall Conservative

What a bizzare post.

Honestly, I cannot tell if you are being facitious, a trolling gun-banner, or if you really and truly have no concept of what justifies the use of lethal force.

To suggest that it is legally acceptable to shoot someone for vandalization alone is completely preposterous. Though I suspect the question was started for pure ridicule, here is part of the answer*:

"Deadly force is justified only when undertaken to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of feath or grave bodily harm to the innocent." - Massad Ayoob from his book In the Gravest Extreme

Follow the "reasonable man doctrine" when it comes to the use of lethal force and you have something with which to defend yourself in a court of criminal law. Despite the castle doctrine laws on the books a person using lethal force for self-defense will still have the burden of proof that the action taken was justified. Those not clearly justified will likely end up defending the justification of the use of lethal force in a courtroom.

For those truly interested in learning more I suggest the following resource: http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/...ayes-SDLaw.pdf

*I am not an attorney nor do I play one on the internet

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,349,321 times
Putting those "these guys are anti-union" stickers on products...is free advertising and will probably help sales. The childish, thuggish actions by many union members has cost them the support of the public at large. More of same in the form of vandalism won't exactly change opinions. Keep it up, dumbchits.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:18 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,249,233 times
Quote:
If Your Store Is Being Vandalized Do You Have The Right To Shoot Them?
Why would I want to shoot my stores?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,858,077 times
This may back fire on them, if I was the store owner anything they put stickers on would go right to the display at the front door with an explanation of what was done and it was costing me and the consumer money.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,349,321 times
Just go to the school/police department/ect and put anti-union bumper stickers on every vehicle in the parking lot. What's good for the goose, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies