Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Mass. House approves $30.4B state budget proposal - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/04/28/mass_house_approves_304b_state_budget_proposal/ - broken link)

Massachusetts Dems vote to strip public unions of bargaining rights | The Raw Story

Can't say I'm all broke up about it.

I guess we'll see if this gets the same "outrage" treatment by the media and liberals here as the Republicans in Wisconsin did.

Whoa!!!! This is an outrage! Who'd care to join me in leading the charge for some recalls???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 07:34 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
They're broke and going to have to cut $800 Million from MassHealth.

Anyone still want a government health care plan?
Mitt Romney's idea, wasn't it?

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Mitt Romney's idea, wasn't it?

Which proves what I have been saying for years.

Just because they have an R by their name, does not make them a Conservative.

It is those like Romney, McCain & Graham, that give the Conservatives a bad name, because of their Progressive policies and ideas.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It is interesting that when other red states take away bargaining rights you see threads with pages and pages of posts. When their own people wake up and realize that they can not continue to be financially raped and take a stand against the unions those same threads sound like crickets chirping.

This is just the beginning of the end and it's going to be a quick end..

What I want to know is who they are going to try and buy in the next election. No politician is going to stand up to justify the continued raping and pillaging that is happen now..

I would like to see Alaska take a stand as well.. a mechanic making 144K a year.. yeah... that's your tax dollars at work for you bud!
I got that beat Crossy.

Here in Mass we have parking garage attendants (Sorry, parking utility technicians) at state run garages pulling in over 100k per year.

Mass pay at Massport - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1314038 - broken link)

Massachusetts is a tiny state with a 30 billion dollar budget. The state budget goes up anywhere between 4 and 8 percent per year.
Effing ludicrous!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Can we both agree that it is politically expedient to go after the "taxpayer" than demand, or even urge the "elite" to pay, or even contribute to shared sacrifice?
WTFF are you talking about? Over half of my income is stolen by the state and feds before I see dime of it!

Quote:
Having said that, the President urged a federal wage freeze back in November of 2010, which set off this reaction. Which was stupid, cause we're now seeing the uncreative solutions to govern municipalities by way of slashing everything if though the governance process were bankrupt of ideas.
You mean it is "stupid" to try and stop the runaway train of public union employee spending that is now consuming the entire budgets of some cities? So that public employee union members can have lavish salaries and benefits, my children in the public schools have to go with old textbooks, few, if any supplies, etc.? So I have to pay f--king super high taxes, and on top of that make fat "donations" to the schools so that they can get the basic, fundamental supplies because the city is spending so much on teacher and other public union employee salaries and benefits?

You mean that that BS is not "stupid"?

Quote:
At the heart of the problem lies the Republicans' unilateral support
Sorry charlie, but this is an issue I am closely following and have for 3 decades, and affects me VERY personally, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with your BS comments. You and other clueless "leftists" are late to this game, as I have watched gov't spending outstrip population growth and median income growth for 4 decades - and now that it has finally exploded, destroying state budgets, you pretend that it was due to some bank problems, or a wall street collapse?

At the risk of getting infracted, buddy, where the FK have you and the other "progressives" (a misnomer if there EVER was one) been since 1970?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
I don't know, I think it's all for show. It sill needs to get thru the Senate. It'll probably be blocked there. Wouldn't surprise me.

Which party is the majority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies