Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

"...In 1975, Trump ultimately came to a far-reaching agreement with the DOJ in which he and the company did not admit guilt but agreed not to discriminate and to take steps to open its housing stock to more nonwhites. The company agreed to submit a weekly list of vacancies to the Urban League, which would produce qualified applicants for a portion of all vacancies.

But it didn't end there. In 1978, the government filed a motion for supplemental relief, charging that the Trump company had not complied with the 1975 agreement. The government alleged that the Trump company "discriminated against blacks in the terms and conditions of rental, made statements indicating discrimination based on race and told blacks that apartments were not available for inspection and rental when, in fact, they are," the Times reported. Trump again denied the charges.

Donald Trump's racial discrimination problem - War Room - Salon.com
Wait, this is from the 70s? Why is this even a topic of discussion??

And, to pick apart what you've posted here, why is it the gov't's place to ensure that a certain proportion of Trump's apartments (and only Trump's) are rented to blacks? Also, it says he agreed to allow them to produce qualified applicants...that doesn't mean he HAS to rent to them. What if somebody else put a deposit down first? What is there was something that changed with the applicant's application that ended up disqualifying him/her? What if the person misrepresented their situation (financial, number of residents, etc.) to the Urban League? What if the apartment was not available for the move-in date that the black person wanted? I can poke so many holes in this crap....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Honestly, except for the left screaming RACIST, RACIST, RACIST over and over again you've proven nothing except that the Huff Po is so desperate that they have gone back 39 years digging to find anything. Embarressed yet?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Was he convicted?

How many times have blacks offended whites and visa versa?

What is your point please explain...I don't see Trump as a racist...you can say a lot about the man but he has hired many people amongst them blacks and every other color...!

Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Stop with the bullzip, guilty people enter settlements everyday, you want to act as if it dosen't.

The usual conservative response to anything they don't agree with, I don't agree with it so it didn't happen, they settled so it didn't happen...
That is true, but so is the reverse.

Here's a personal example from last week, although obviously not to the same degree as the Trump situation: Someone ran a red light and hit me about 6 weeks ago. I gave my FL driver's license to the cop when asked and it came back not valid so they gave me a ticket and a court date. Turns out, FL suspended my license b/c they did not get notice that I switched to WI insurance after we moved, they thought I just dropped coverage. My license was reinstated by FL but I still had to go to court here in WI since I wanted to plead not guilty. Well, they ended up letting me off but I still had to pay a $50 court fee. I decided to just pay it and not pursue it any further (I should not have to pay those fees since the license was suspended in error...basically a false accusation, to liken it to the Trump case) b/c I want to save myself the time, money and energy of trying to recoup my $50. I was not guilty but I ended up basically settling so I could just get on with my life and not have it hanging over my head. That's likely what Trump did. To argue that it's not...well, you gotta have some proof before people will just believe you.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch689 View Post
I don't remember Obama going bankrupt several times.
I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but Trump filed bankruptcy protection for one of his corporations...it was not for him personally. Totally different. And I'm pretty sure it was only on one occasion, not several times.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
I don't feel like reading 17 pages of posts to see if this has been addressed or not, but so what? I was once sued as a landlord by a black family for supposedly not following housing laws. Apparently, to them, it wasn't the fact that between the 6 of them there was only one job earning 11 dollars an hour for a house that was $1400 a month, that their best credit score was in the low 500's, that there were a collective of 4 judgments against them, including 2 from property management companies (implying evictions), nor the fact that the husband had 3 felony convictions and the brother of the wife (who also wanted to move in) had pending drug charges. Oh no, it was because they were black.

Obviously, the case got thrown out. Point is, being sued, and being successfully sued are two wholly different animals.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 AM

50 posts, read 48,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I don't feel like reading 17 pages of posts to see if this has been addressed or not, but so what? I was once sued as a landlord by a black family for supposedly not following housing laws. Apparently, to them, it wasn't the fact that between the 6 of them there was only one job earning 11 dollars an hour for a house that was $1400 a month, that their best credit score was in the low 500's, that there were a collective of 4 judgments against them, including 2 from property management companies (implying evictions), nor the fact that the husband had 3 felony convictions and the brother of the wife (who also wanted to move in) had pending drug charges. Oh no, it was because they were black.

Obviously, the case got thrown out. Point is, being sued, and being successfully sued are two wholly different animals.
Really? Thanks for clearing that up

Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
That was withdrawn, but being the largest developer in NY I don't doubt he was targeted.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Nice attempt at hedging the facts!!!..Trump and/or his representatives also informed fully qualified middle class black people that apartments that were vacant and on the market were occupied or not available.
Black people were also offered onerous and inflated leases than white people, but don't worry it's all about "welfare blacks"!!..
Do YOU have any proof to what you just said?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Something we are all missing here is the HYPOCRITICAL LEFT WINGER WHACKS.

Obama and the left are totally for a ONE WORLD NEW WAY OF LIVING.

Now they are attacking the very same thing that their failed leader is trying very hard to get accomplished for his little robots.

Come on lefties, which way do you really want it?

Free and open globalization or not?

Just another typical hypocritical non thinking left wing failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies