Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,894,258 times

Advertisements

He is a rich white Anglo man. What did you expect?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,032,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He is a rich white Anglo man. What did you expect?
Ahh, the left again making racial comments. how shocking!!!

Pretty ironic you would make a racist comment on a thread, charging someone else of doing the same... Isnt it?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,638,668 times
It's okay. I'm sure someone another conservative "leader" like Carrie Prejean will speak up for The Donald.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,044,471 times

I highly doubt that this is true. Trump is a business man first and and I can tell you that people like him don't care about color other then green. They only care about money and how much you can produce.

Reminds me of my nephew years ago saying he kept getting fired from different companies because he knew more than the owner. I was like, yea right. I'm a business owner and I want the smartest people working for me not freaking idiots.

busta

Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00rky View Post
Who said I had a beef? All I did was post an article
Yea toss gas on the fire and say I have nothing to do with this

busta

Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He is not known for paying any one well except for his ex-wives and he doesn't have a choice.

BS do you have proof. I doubt that people would keep working for him if this was true.

busta

Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The NAACP is a useless organization. Unfortunately housing discrimination is a de jure in America's most liberal city.

I was a real estate agent a few years ago. Being Black I was once told by a Dominican Super, before my white client arrived, that the landlord won't accept black and brown people. So I guess he had no problem with the super though. Anyway I reported the landlord to the NYC Housing but nothing happened.

Then there was the time I showed an apartment to a white lady up in Hudson Heights and she fell in love with the apartment. The Russian super "checked her" out and was eager t rent to her. Well she mentioned she had a husband to the Super.

Super says we got to meet him first but it's just a formality of the owners. I'm like okay whatever but in the back of my head I'm thinking this deal could unravel. Since my client had just arrived from Puerto Rico after a few years doing,liberal do gooder stuff and brought back a Puerto Rican husband.

Sure enough the super took one look at him the next day and miraculously an apartment that sat vacant for two months before was rented.

Of course my liberal do gooder client was upset she knew the deal and she rose hell. I agreed to vouch for her as I was upset as well. Nothing came of it.

So I have no doubt Trump and his management team did all they could do to prevent blacks and browns from renting. That's just the real estate culture in NYC.

WOW and people say the South is raciest, go figure.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 PM

32 posts, read 19,076 times
around here the areas where blacks live are pretty bad and have the highest crime rates maybe he didnt want them bringing that crap into his buildings? i dont know just a guess .

but i dont believe he refused to rent to blacks.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,544,523 times
So, they couldn't force Trump to take Section 8, in his buildings.

They had to sue him,... and LOST.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,955,583 times
Today, 10:43 PM
pghquest
Competition breeds winners
befriend

27,715 posts, read 12,162,380 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark
Nice attempt at hedging the facts!!!..Trump and/or his representatives also informed fully qualified middle class black people that apartments that were vacant and on the market were occupied or not available.
Black people were also offered onerous and inflated leases than white people, but don't worry it's all about "welfare blacks"!!..
Obviously you have some type of court ruling to backup your claims, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle
He also settled an SEC complaint for an undisclosed amount. There is a lot in his closet. The GOP can do a lot better than any of the current group of clowns.
Not true.. Any settlement with the SEC is a matter of public record.. The fact that you cant find this "settlement" is because there wasnt one. Trump said he wouldnt (and wasnt) discriminating, the SEC withdrew their compaint. They refiled several years later and Trump again said he wasnt discriminating, and it went no where again because there was nothing to substantiate the claims.

One of Donald's first challenges came in October 1973, when the Justice Department hit the Trump Organization with a major discrimination suit for violating the Fair Housing Act. The Times reported:

... the Government contended that Trump Management had refused to rent or negotiate rentals "because of race and color." It also charged that the company had required different rental terms and conditions because of race and that it had misrepresented to blacks that apartments were not available.

A few months after the government filed the suit

But it didn't end there. In 1978, the government filed a motion for supplemental relief,

The article is self explanatory and dismissed your assertion as to whether a court case ever existed.

Further a "motion for supplemental relief" can only be applied for after an initial judgement has already been entered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies