Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My daughter and I were at the mall, and she wanted to go into Spencer's to buy a T-shirt to wear to a tea party - Spencer's now has at least one t-shirt mocking Obama. She chose one that says SO FAR HE SUCKS with the Obama Rainbow for the letter O. The guy at the checkout was black. I thought to myself, "Uh oh." I didn't want my daughter to offend him, and was thinking about coming back another time (except the mall is over an hour drive from our house). But she went to the register with it cool as a cucumber. The guy laughed at it and gave her a thumbs up. Guess he doesn't like Obama either.
Why would he be concerned.he probably stocked the shelves.

Do you think all of us think alike? To be honest I wanted Fred Thompson or Ron Paul to be the Prez......

That's ok that you think like that. For some odd reason white guys(under 40 and think they are hip) that try to get "chummy" with me for some reason like to mention Jay-Z.

I guess they feel if they mention Jay, they'll make a connection. To bad they look stupid when I tell them I very rarely listen rap and I am not a Jay fan.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
I don't care about what race someone is who moves in my neighborhood (predominately black). I am black and earn a middle class income but live in a lower class neighborhood because I'm not afraid of black people. I actually live in what is considered one of the worse neighborhoods in Atlanta. I don't care what color you are as long as you take care of your house and your yard looks neat and you aren't a criminal.

I grew up in an area that was VERY integrated and i have always known white people, latinos, asians, native americans even. I never even thought about race at all until moving here to Atlanta, which is very segregated. Last I read statistics it is the 2nd most segregated city in the country after Chicago (which is where my husband is from and we are totally different on our views of race in this country due to drastically different experiences growing up. He was actually physically and verbally attacked quite often for being black since he went to schools that were not in his neighborhood).

Now I will admit that I do hold some prejudices against certain groups. Mainly people I see as ignorant and also I don't particularly like illegal immigrants, but that has mostly to do with them being illegal and using social services versus their ethnic backgrounds.

To say that everyone would walk across the street if they saw 4-5 young black men is a gross generalization. I would be more afraid of 4-5 young white guys than black guys being that I know a lot of goofy black teenagers and when I see a group of them I see my brother and his friends. Even the 20 somethings I see as my younger brothers. A group of white guys, if I saw them in my neighborhood, I would think they were drug addicts since mostly the only groups of young white people who come over here do so to score some drugs. One totaled my husband's car a couple years ago while it was parked in front of our house. The locals in my neighborhood chases him down and made sure to get the plates so that we could find out who the white guy was. Most of those people who did that for us are homeless and are on drugs and even so, we are always respectful to them as people and they in turn are respectful towards us and helped us out.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:05 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
It's only sicking for people in denial.

I know people wish it would "just go away".

I absolutely wish the race-baiting and one drop rule would go away. I guess it won't as long as there are political and other reasons for keeping it alive.

You are choosing to disrespect half or more of any person's heritage. Not only that, but you seem to have motive for perpetuating it indefinitely by starting threads like this.

Since you persist with one drop rule, why not be accurate?

The offspring of one white parent and one black parent is mulatto.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Absolutely this is true. I don't care what your "values," thoughts, or opinions are about yourself or others. Here is a simple fact:

No matter what race you are, you walk down the street and see 3-4 black males, no matter what their ages are, walking toward you, they are dressed like "thugs," you WILL: Cross the street, or hold your wallet, or purse tighter, pull your kids closer, pay more attention, etc. If those were white kids, you probably wouldn't. Anyone who says different are liars or fooling themselves.

I do it and I'm a black man.
True. And if they're in navy or black dress pants and wearing starched white shirts and ties, no one is apt to pay more attention at all.

Just like you might not get on an elevator with this guy:

A lot of people black and white would avoid him.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Why would he be concerned.he probably stocked the shelves.

Do you think all of us think alike? To be honest I wanted Fred Thompson or Ron Paul to be the Prez......

That's ok that you think like that. For some odd reason white guys(under 40 and think they are hip) that try to get "chummy" with me for some reason like to mention Jay-Z.

I guess they feel if they mention Jay, they'll make a connection. To bad they look stupid when I tell them I very rarely listen rap and I am not a Jay fan.

YouTube - Jay Z Linkin Park Numb Encore

BE MY FRIEND.

Of course I care about race. Different colored women are freaking hot, bro.
TASTE THE RAINBOW.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In fact I voted for Alan Keyes. That's how little I care about race. He wasn't just a half black either. And he was a descendent of American slaves, not some privileged African elite.
I voted for Keyes way back in 92 or 96. Whenever it was that he originally ran.

I don't tell how many times people have said I can't stand the idea that we have a black Prresident when I sometimes criticize Obama.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron. View Post
i hear folks say this all of the time. It's mainly yuppie blacks and yuppie whites.

Usually these groups live around other people just like them. The yuppie whites live around yuppie whites and the blacks around yuppie blacks.

I'll bet you'll start to care when "your groups" neighborhood start's to get a high influx of another ethnic group/race.

You'll care than.

Usually the yuppies say this, more than like likely it's work worked related.

Yuppies lie to themselves to make themselves feel better. Have you ever watched blacks and whites try to appease to each other....they are trying to convince themselves or someone that they are not prejudice.

I see it all the time in office work environment.
wrong!!!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
When they say "they don't care about race" they mean "they don't care if you live or die" or "they don't care about you". The doublespeak has a lot of very pernicious connotations.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

YouTube - Jay Z Linkin Park Numb Encore

BE MY FRIEND.

Of course I care about race. Different colored women are freaking hot, bro.
TASTE THE RAINBOW.
yaaaaaaawn

Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Just because Ron thinks people are racists doesn't make them racist. I have video proof of this.

YouTube - Coca Cola Commercial - I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony) - 1971
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies