Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Yes, great points and no one seems to be touching this important point.

Good job Troops, - you men and women are on the front line in harms way and deserve all the credit for the freedom we ALL continue to enjoy!

Now, Obama, if you had stated some credit to Mr. Bush, you would have appeared to be a little humble.
Exactly the point! Without Bush's direction to take the fight to the terrorists, Obama wouldn't be making this announcement. And as Bush stated, "No matter how long it takes, justice will be done"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Exactly the point! Without Bush's direction to take the fight to the terrorists, Obama wouldn't be making this announcement. And as Bush stated, "No matter how long it takes, justice will be done"
Can you just be American and leave the con part behind for a day?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,336,259 times
It is a good day for all humanity, except to the islamofascist minority in the Muslim world.

Lest we forget, it is fine vengeance not only for 9/11, but also 7/7, the Madrid train bombings, the Bali club bombing, and all the innocent Muslims murdered by AQ in Iraq, Afghanistan, & elsewhere.

OBL is now shark poo.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A. I have seen no photos of BinLaden dead(although I'm sure they'll be some "real" ones ...eventually.

B. WHO confirmed the DNA match? And they would tell the truth...why?

C. "A custom of his religion" WHAT!? This mass murderer gets the RESPECT of being buried according to his religion?????

AND SO QUICKLY!!!! OH PLEASE!

So Muslims WANT the good PR that comes with Bin Ladens "burial"???? I wouldn't think so.

He could been "buried" a week from now....AFTER photos were taken....they have photos of the room he was alllegedly shot in....why didn't they take it when he was there??????????

Then the compound was destroyed...already...it's gone....why?

how convenient.
B. So you don't trust our military to know how to do DNA testing? They've had DNA samples from relatives of his for years waiting for this opportunity to match Bin Laden's to those samples.

C. And, yes, it custom of his religion that a burial take place within 24 hours. Doing so is not giving respect to Bin Linden as much as us following custom does not giving his followers and others Muslims another reason to condemn the U.S.A. Burial at sea, while the not the preferred burial in their religion, it is allowed when a bury might be subject to be exhumed.

I hadn't heard that the compound is completely gone. But if that is true is that so hard to understand? Does the world really need a place for terrorists to turn into a memorial or for his followers to claim he was able to escape?

ETA: Just heard on CNN that The White House is considering releasing the photos of the dead Bin Laden.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-02-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Both Bush and Obama deserve some credit. However, the real credit goes to the military and CIA....

Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The only reason why I am ticked off is because one of my NCOs ( Noncommissioned Officers in the Army ) was with the team that found Saddam Hussein and everyone was praising the president...

I am not a Bush fan. I don't think he was a good president and I don't think he deserved any credit either.

The people who deserve credit are the ones who died in these wars, the ones who came home wounded, the ones who have fought and are still fighting for our country, stateside and overseas. The ones who raised their right hand and actually swore to defend this country. I have heard the CIA could have been behind this... If they are the ones who got this mission accomplished, good for them...

But to tell me that Obama deserves all the credit for this is BS.
I am grateful for our troops and you are right, they are the ones deserving the credit for a well done mission. However, we have our leadership to credit as well. At any time Obama could have canceled the mission but he did not and I give him credit for continuing the hunt we started 10 years ago for Osama and his slugs. What a hero Osama is using a woman as a shield and I hope this image is stuck in many minds.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I thought Obama said absolutely no US soldiers in Libya...
This is a puzzle for sure. We know of one young man heading there so what gives? Not much you can trust coming out of this administration. I fear it will be another war poorly fought and with many US deaths. God help our soldiers.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,582 times
Tomorrow's Fox News Headline:

"African American man kills elderly white homeless man in Pakistan"

Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Both Bush and Obama deserve some credit. However, the real credit goes to the military and CIA....
Let's see, you have two workers. The first works for eight hours, exceeds his budget and accomplishes nothing. The second works for two hours and finishes the job. Lets give them both credit

Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Makes sense. Give credit to the guy who gave up looking for Bin Laden way back in 2002.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies