Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So for our entertainment value, let's recap how these scenarios would have played out for people like Sunny Days:
You got that right... They would have made him Jimmy Carter and the failed Iran rescue 2.0 BIG TIME. And the inverse would have been true, that would have pretty much shut the door on any chance of a second term for Obama. Well I am glad in the infinite number of universes and realities that exist- I'm glad we're in the one where Bin Laden is DEAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

32 posts, read 19,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
They can't even bring themselves to say job well done. It's sad and pathetic.
i dont think anyone isnt happy hes dead, i know i am. you guys (obama nut huggers) act like you care more about the fact that its going to boost obamas approval ratings than the fact that we actually got osama though, thats what is sad.

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:

Back from my hiatus just for this one!!!...

Obviously a great day for America and all who stand for freedom. Big thanks to those who made this happen, most importantly the men who carried out the mission and performed the intel...but also Obama for rolling the dice and deciding to strike today.

And sanrene and sunny days...I really sympathize with your pain!!! It must be so hard for you to come to grips with Obama having involvement in this important development! I suggest a vigorous regimen of lies and denial to help you cope... oh wait, I see you've already got that taken care of.
I wish I could give you a rep point for this. Welcome back!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
After listening to the speech, it appears as if congratulations are at hand. Not only to Obama, but to the military men who took on this mission. I hope they are equally rewarded.

So, as a conservative: My hats off to you President Obama and congratulations on a job well done!!!
As a fellow American I appreciate you class and dignity in your commending our commander and chief and our military and intelligence services.

This is something as AMERICANS we should all take pride in.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:02 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
The Obama flip-flops you don't know

” In his first TV interview after winning the election, he said the terrorist leader was “not just a symbol. He’s also the operational leader of an organization that is planning attacks against U.S. targets,”

By the time Obama gave another interview in early January, he said killing or capturing bin Laden was not necessary to “meet our goal of protecting America.”

Opinion: The Obama flip-flops you don't know - Alex Conant - POLITICO.com

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
The Patriot Act will never be repealed. Once someone has power they don't like letting it go (Republican or dem). America sold its soul from security...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not much to celebrate until troops return and the Patriot Act is repealed.

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Now this will surely help everyone forget about the Birth Certificate and guide him to re-election .

Pretty much yea.

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Back from my hiatus just for this one!!!...

Obviously a great day for America and all who stand for freedom. Big thanks to those who made this happen, most importantly the men who carried out the mission and performed the intel...but also Obama for rolling the dice and deciding to strike today.

And sanrene and sunny days...I really sympathize with your pain!!! It must be so hard for you to come to grips with Obama having involvement in this important development! I suggest a vigorous regimen of lies and denial to help you cope... oh wait, I see you've already got that taken care of.
You must have missed all my posts saying what a great day this was for the US.

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
Who's delivering the Republican rebuttal?
Probably Donald Trump.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:03 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Youth vote to Obama with this latest success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Pubs are yawning because they are failing. They also failed miserably under Bush to do what Obama did.

I think this incredible triumph by President Obama has just delivered the YOUTH VOTE! The celebration signifies this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies