Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Limbaugh,Hannity,Beck, Savage I'm sure are all queasy as this puts a major drag in their quest to make Obama a one term President. I'm sure Rush is laying awake wondering how he could down play it (much like he down plays the Gulf Oil Spill, the Nuclear disaster in Japan, etc.) and how "Barry" Obama had nothing to do with it- lol. I'm sure all the people gathering all over the country and chanting USA USA at the top of their lungs but whispering Bush Bush Bush

I like what poster said in another thread- I'm sure "The Donald" will demand Bid Lidens death certificate and that of the Navy Seal who put a bullet in his head

what is crap is threads like this one as well as ones that blame Bush, the birthers or anything else that takes away from the fact that this hack is dead!
I do not like Obama ONE bit, but I have no complaints on how this was handled
as an American I tip my hat to our military, ALL OF THEM
many have died to bring this day about, many thousands died on 9/11 including our firefighters, police officers
shame on all of you who want to do your usual blaming crap instead of at least on day united!!!
this is a great day, too bad so many on here can not let this be!!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Osama Bin Laden was killed in SPITE of Barry. It was intelligence gathered at GITMO that led the military to his hiding place. If Barry got his way, GITMO would be closed and Osama would still be living a life of luxury in his palace in Pakistan.
That's pretty extreme. You seem to be implying that whatever torture was used at Gitmo is the reason why Obama was able to kill Osama and that such an outcome justifies its use.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 05-02-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Perhaps I've missed it, but has a conservative personality said something negative about the mission to kill OBL? Seems there is a lot of supposition of what some people want these personalities to say but I suspect you will see support for this mission as it was really a victory for everyone.
agreed and you know what, you may be right, they might actually come out and suspend the "partisan speak" (on both sides) and rejoice in the fact that the guy who's brain orchestrated the worst terrorist attack on US soil and killed 3000+ Americans and countless other souls (in fact they were shooting for causalities in the 50,000) is now dead and fish food.

I do distinctly remember the venom Rush spewed for Clinton and everything on the left right after 9/11 and basically said it was all failed Clinton policies that led to it. He ranted on like that forever. We all were hurting then, and many of us still are, so this victory, even symbolic, I do hope it will trumpeted as a victory for America, even by the talking heads.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Why, our military has been after him and others for 11 years?

It's not like Obama did more or less than Bush was doing.
Obama did more Afghanistan/Pakistan, Bush did more Iraq. That is the only difference, however.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Obama managed what Bush, Rummy and the sorry rest of Bush's clown crew couldn't do, awesome

I like how Obama just gets stuff done
Oops! Apparently you are not listening to the news and interviews with people who actually know how this came about.

From what I'm hearing, it was under the Bush Administration that the background information derived from interrogation at "Gitmo" opened and led the path to finding IBL...the plan has been in the works for approximately 5 years.

Obama signed off on the attack only because he is President and his signature was required. Remember that UBL was vulnerable to capture at least twice during the Clinton administration and Clinton screwed up both opportunities, in the last case "dithering" as BO is also so prone to do. I am just very thankful that someone "jabbed" BO in the a$$ to get this done.

Last edited by lorrysda; 05-02-2011 at 09:50 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Fox has been very bi-partisan about this. It is a USA deal. MSNBC is pushing it is Obama's deal. That is partisan.
Luckily, my cable company does not offer MSNBC. Fox is doing an outstanding job, as they always do.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post

Compare W's pee-brained idea to stand on an aircraft carrier with a giant Mission Accomplished banner behind him when all he "accomplished" was waste our money, our troop's lives, and prove how inept "intelligence" was under our biggest crony idiotic administration ever. Meanwhile, in the face of obvious victory and arguably the greatest success for US intelligence in recent memory, Obama calls a simple press conference and spontaneous celebrations break out. The difference is palpable.
Opps, again. A few facts missing here. The "Mission Accomplished" was absolutely correct. The "mission" was to depose Saddam Hussain, which was done in about 3 weeks. Then the ugly terrorists raised their heads and created the need arose for another mission, which was to defeat them. By the way, it was UBL with the help of Iran that continually caused havoc in Iraq. So the initial Mission was, indeed, accomplished.

I think another area which most people in this country...actually anyone(s) who have never dealt with Middle Eastern countries and people plus actually spend time there...have no idea of how their thought process is very different from ours and most European countries. That would include most diplomats (who never see the real people) and politicians who definitely never see or experience working with other cultures.

I believe that first, Saddam defiantly refused to follow something like 19 UN resolutions, second...there are pictures of long lines of trucks crossing the Iraq/Syrian border before the invasion, and third, the experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan plus what we have seen of the Pakistan uncertainty has given our military the insight needed to move forward on the war on terrorists, including this mission accomplished in regard to killing and disposing of UBL. We are dealing with an entirely different culture plus fighting a war against extremists who don't wear uniforms and use women and children as shields; i.e., men hiding behind the skirts of women. We have never had to send our military out to fight such sorry and cowardly men. We are obviously learning how to defeat them.

In summation, most of the people of the countries of the Middle East are terrific and good people. I know many and have worked with them. Those that have been able to go to the USA, England and/or other European countries to Universities or even to do business do not support this terrorist extremism. We must remember that in most of these countries the general population, much of it being the Bedouin tribes, have been ruled by fear for a couple thousand years. Saddam Hussain, Achmadinijad (or however you spell that idiots name) and UBL being examples of this horrific rule by fear. Things are changing now and the people are revolting looking for a more democratic way of life. I say hooray and I also say that our work in Iraq and Afghanistan has been instrumental in giving this kind of courage to these people.

Last edited by lorrysda; 05-02-2011 at 09:59 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Limbaugh,Hannity,Beck, Savage I'm sure are all queasy as this puts a major drag in their quest to make Obama a one term President. I'm sure Rush is laying awake wondering how he could down play it (much like he down plays the Gulf Oil Spill, the Nuclear disaster in Japan, etc.) and how "Barry" Obama had nothing to do with it- lol. I'm sure all the people gathering all over the country and chanting USA USA at the top of their lungs but whispering Bush Bush Bush

I like what poster said in another thread- I'm sure "The Donald" will demand Bid Lidens death certificate and that of the Navy Seal who put a bullet in his head

????????????????

So suddenly Obama will be re-elected because Bin Laden is dead? That is hilarious.

It is certainly good that Bin Laden is dead, however, people will vote according to the performance of the president with regard to the economy. In that regard, Obama has been a complete failure and that will be manifest in the voting booths Nov 2012.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Just as expected Rush Limpballs is being a dick as usual, in the first 10 minutes he said Obama
instead of Osama 3 times, what an arse...

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...=1044&nid=2920

Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
As soon as he provides a long form of Osama's Birth Certificate.
Face it all you want is to deligitimize Obama regardless of the cost to America
you haven't answered who "their" is...that was the question...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies