Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 10:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I was under the impression, based on several news reports, that this information on OBL's whereabouts was obtained via GITMO detainees. By keeping GITMO open and utilizing this information, isn't that simply a continuation of Bush policies and procedures? Seems they both made the right decision.
oh but that can't be right or maybe it was Bush's fault afterall...

Nita

Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times
Some of the wingnuts here have implied that Obama should have been there himself, raiding UBL's compound and shooting him in the head, for Obama to take credit for it. LOL....That pretty much excludes all presidents and generals (eg FDR, Eisenhower, Churchill) who have looked at the big picture and have ever ordered troops into battle from taking any credit for anything. The troops might as well order themselves their own missions! I suppose the Navy Seals raided UBL's compound on their own initiative.

The extent to which wingnuts contort themselves to deny Obama the victory is laughable.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Meredith Bagby:
Quote:
No doubt, the Republicans will say that President Bush laid the groundwork for the capture and death of Bin Laden. However, it will largely be perceived as an empty argument. Sunday's success is because Obama gave laser focus to the mission, rather engaging in a tangential war in Iraq. He invested in deep intelligence, rather than from-the-hip militarism.
It was indeed Obama that unilaterally ordered a military action deep in Pakistan without notifying the Pakistani gov't.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Some of the wingnuts here have implied that Obama should have been there himself, raiding UBL's compound and shooting him in the head, for Obama to take credit for it. LOL....That pretty much excludes all presidents and generals (eg FDR, Eisenhower, Churchill) who have looked at the big picture and have ever ordered troops into battle from taking any credit for anything. The troops might as well order themselves their own missions! I suppose the Navy Seals raided UBL's compound on their own initiative.

The extent to which wingnuts contort themselves to deny Obama the victory is laughable.

Who's a wing-nut, some of us just are not Obama kiss azzes. We give credit where it is really do. I voted for the guy. But I know better than he did this on his own, he was given intel extracted from a prisoner from a place Obama wanted to close. He had advisers given him advice, Obama gets the credit of listening to them.
I would not give credit to Bush either, but by the looks of your comment you would.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You mean other than, accomplish it?
The current task began under Bush

Old 05-02-2011, 10:57 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How does Meredith try to explain away the closing of GTMO? I mean, he couldn't sign the executive order to close it any faster...

How about the raids into Pakistan with unmanned vehicles?

How does she explain away the intel that was received through "questionable (at least by your side) interrogation techniques?

Oh that's right, she didn't. Her laser-focus was on ****** Obama. Nothing new there though from the blowington post.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times
I'd be willing to bet this had zero to do with Gitmo. CNN had one of their talking heads yesterday saying the CIA traced some of those tapes OBL released over the years. Supposedly they followed the various carriers back until it lead them to the house which they then spent two years watching. If that's true then this was just old fashioned police work and Gitmo was nothing more then a giant waste of time.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Who's a wing-nut, some of us just are not Obama kiss azzes. We give credit where it is really do. I voted for the guy. But I know better than he did this on his own, he was given intel extracted from a prisoner from a place Obama wanted to close. He had advisers given him advice, Obama gets the credit of listening to them.
I would not give credit to Bush either, but by the looks of your comment you would.
Where do you see Obama claiming that he did it on his own?

What Obama gets credit for is the wisdom and correct judgment he displayed in pursuing UBL where he always was.....not in Iraq where he was not. He gets credit for getting the big picture right.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Just as expected Rush Limpballs is being a dick as usual, in the first 10 minutes he said Obama
instead of Osama 3 times, what an arse...

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...=1044&nid=2920
Well, to Rush's credit he did say "congrats for keeping Bush's policies on Guantanamo and wire taps, etc. alive...". So that's better than nothin and as good as it's gonna get. So it's cool...

Although he's now counting the number of times Obama said "I"...lol.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Where do you see Obama claiming that he did it on his own?<snip>
More than likely listening to Limpballs on the radio....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies