Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times

Advertisements

Osama sacrifices 19 grunts and a bit of pocket change. We spend 10 years, two wars, trillions of dollars, thousands of casualties (including tens of thousands of civilian casualties) and our international reputation later, we've finally killed this guy. And we won? This is cause for celebration about as much as killing a rat by burning down your house is cause for celebration.

Are we this daft as a country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Okay, Bin Laden was killed; However, Americans celebrating in the streets waving flags and singing songs is pathetic. The images of Americans doing the same thing as Islamic terrorist is equally as pathetic and the President of the United States should address this and discourage such behavior from the American people.
pfft....whatever.

He ordered attacks that killed thousands of Americans. I honestly don't care what a bunch of jihadists think of us.

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Is it OK to celebrate a victory that's just as bad as the battle itself? I could understand celebrating when two parties reach an agreement but to celebrate when the other is dead...?
What victory is just as bad as the battle?

When your nemesis is killed that is a reason to celebrate.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
It's not my style to celebrate by dancing in the street, but I did dedicate my morning urination to him and wished him well in hell.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Okay, Bin Laden was killed; However, Americans celebrating in the streets waving flags and singing songs is pathetic. The images of Americans doing the same thing as Islamic terrorist is equally as pathetic and the President of the United States should address this and discourage such behavior from the American people.
Nope. It gives them the message that we are just as bloodthirsty as they are, even though we may not be. Image is everything, don't you know that?

It gives them the message that we will NOT back down or back away or forget.

As for the 'islamic' burial at sea, I hope they really did it the islamic way...by cutting off his head before dumping him.

After all "they bring a knife, we bring a gun" (when necessary).

Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
We are missing the shouting women yipping and screaming like bleating goats, children picking up candy tossed in the street, guns firing in the air.

In case you hadn't noticed.

Americans celebrate for a REASON!
Oh, Americans celebrate for a REASON...give me a break. And Americans scratch their heads wondering why their so hated is around the world.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Oh, Americans celebrate for a REASON...give me a break. And Americans scratch their heads wondering why their so hated is around the world.
Why should we care who loves or "hates" us around the world?

Did you ever get past kindergarten? Still care about winning a popularity contest?

The USA has a reason to celebrate. Osama Bin Laden is dead.

There is more work to do. And it will be an American getting it done while the rest of the world sits back and watches... AGAIN!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:38 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimt7 View Post
seriously, what's with the moral equivocating of the two?! "americans look as extremist as islamic terrorists?!" really? You actually think that way, like, in real life?

There is none. Celebrating the death of mass murderers is nothing new. I guess when these people were celebrating in the streets, america was stooping to the level of nazis, huh?

. . .

About that headline of the newspaper in your post about Hitler being killed in battle. I wonder what the real details will be 2 years into the future.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Its mainly the young that are out celebrating because they don't recall what life was like prior to 9-11.

I do, and I'm here to say that OBL won in many ways.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Its mainly the young that are out celebrating because they don't recall what life was like prior to 9-11.

I do, and I'm here to say that OBL won in many ways.
He can claim his 72 virgins then. But, in hell, all 72 are actually whores and they all look like his mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies