Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Celebrating the death of a mass murderer does not make you "like" the mass murderer.
No, but it makes you "like" the nuts that gather in the streets of then middle east and celebrate whatever killing they deem appropriate at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
There's nothing savage about it. I'm more creeped out and concerned by anyone who is somber about the news of his death, or thinks other people SHOULDN'T react with glee.
Um, who said "somber"? I'm not mourning his death - i just think it's odd that americans, usually the ones that are most vocal about their disapproval of muslims, arabs, etc., take all of about 3 seconds to stoop to the exact same level as those they claim to so greatly oppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Did you really expect people to not celebrate?

Not everyone is a pacifist.
Again, with the pacifist garbage. Who's being a pacifist? We KILLED the guy: Mission Accomplished (fer realz this time!). Don't really see how much more of a statement we need to make.

I think Americans need to start acting like Americans again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,674 times
I, too, think there is something morbid about celebrating this.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the nation feeling a sense of relief that bin Laden is dead, or a sense of patriotism, unity, whatever. And I see nothing wrong with this being on the news, or being the big subject at the water cooler, or the Hot Topic on The View. Please do talk about it!

But dancing in the streets over anyone's death disturbs me a bit. Unless, as in New Orleans, it's about celebrating their life.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The US killed over 100k innocent Iraqi's and Iraq had nothing to do with Sep 11. That would be families, including children and women. How about Abu Graib, another shining moment... the rapes and murders that US troops committed.

There's no difference on either side and it's nothing to gloat about.
I don't condone any of that either, I was never in support of the Iraq war. But Abu Ghraib, Gitmo etc...I could care less if terrorists are tortured, and whether or not the clowns at the ACLU agree, torture works! If it takes torture to get these terrorist scum talking and giving information that could round up more terrorists and prevent more terrorist attacks, then I see no problem with it.

Rapes? Have any proof of that?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
I'm not celebrating because the reality is that we've lost thousands of soldiers (and still losing them), at least a few trillion bucks (probably much more), gallivanted all around the Middle East for 10 years.....and all along he wasn't hiding where the "experts" claim that he was hiding.

No, he was right in the backyards of the people we call our "allies," being protected by them while they laughed their asses off at us.

So pardon me if i'm not celebrating.

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
World Wide Alert (http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_worldwide.html - broken link)

I disagree with putting plans to travel on hold.
If you don't act like the stereotypical moron US traveler, no one would know you were from the US.
Don't wear white tennis shoes and USA t-shirts.

I live in Europe and I have no plans to curtail any of my travel.
What a silly thought.

I travel almost every week and don't plan to change anything.

I am offended by your "stereotypical moron US traveler" comment. I find it quite childish. Millions of American travelers are highly educated, intelligent and behave admirably. I doubt there is a higher percent of moron travelers among Americans than there is among Europeans.

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Ok - so the world is rid of that scumbag, which is a great thing. And hats off to our military on a well-planned surgical operation based on great intelligence.

But, does anybody find it odd - even creepy - that people are gathering, cheering, flag-waving, and chanting "USA! USA!" because we killed someone?
Seems awfully savage.

If we hate muslim extremists so much, why do we act just like them?
You could say the same about the end of WW2 we nuked two cities and they were happy too.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
How would someone donate to a beer bash for Seal Team Six? Outstanding work gentlemen.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL excellent
Actually G. Washington, T. Jefferson are whippin his ass right now. Those are VIRGINIANS not virgins Osama you POS.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

There's no difference on either side and it's nothing to gloat about.

There is a huge difference. Too bad you lack the understanding to distinguish between the objectives of soldiers and terrorists.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,589,940 times
We were way too nice with the body. We should have butchered it. Instead we were "sensitive"
We should have put the bones put in kiln, the dust put in concrete and made into a sidewalk in NYC.
The rest mixed with some dead pigs and put in a latrine for the Israeli Army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies