Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
. Point is we will never know.
That is correct. Hopefully whatever evidence they release is convincing. I don't see how they got a DNA test in less than 24 hours. Those things take days if not weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
And then again.........things could have happened as we have been told.
Man live-tweeted Bin Laden’s death - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110502/us_yblog_thelookout/man-live-tweeted-bin-ladens-death - broken link)

On another note: The birthers are just plain freaky.

Quote:
The birth cerf was a fake, and has been photo shopped and if you down load it you can see all the layers they did and forgot to take it off when they posted and released the doc. I'm not saying he wasn't born here but I do think something is missing and or they are lying about something Obama doesn't want the public to know. I find all this just a interesting on the timing that all this occurred.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who is "we"?

In any case, there was some concern about releasing the death photos at the time for fear of creating iconography for extremists to exploit.
Got an excuse for everything don't you? Why are you slobbering over the U.S. Government? You act like we are saints in a sea of bad people. That we only do what's right, and the bad guys are the only people doing wrong. You really should stop and re-read what you're writing on this forum. One day you'll look back and ask yourself...."Wow...why was I so naive?"

My guess is that you were eligible to vote for President for the first time in 2008.....maybe 2004. You don't seem to have alot of experience in your perspective.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That is correct. Hopefully whatever evidence they release is convincing. I don't see how they got a DNA test in less than 24 hours. Those things take days if not weeks.
that's right.

then again, they surely have access to the newest technology available - perhaps something like this:

UA Scientists Develop Quick DNA Test Device - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Thanks! I am going to wait for the photo evidence before I celebrate anything. I really think he's been dead for a long long time. He hasn't made a video in years, just audio that can't be authenticated. I hope this IS true, but if the Bush admin could put out a phony story about Jessica Lynch, then this is pure gravy. Why the photos haven't been released is a bit weird, I know it's early, but when the military got Saddam's son's photos were taken right there on the spot and we saw them pretty much immediately, within 24 hours I believe. We'll see, like I said, I'm going to wait for this one.
Ok, let me try to explain this one to you. Bin Laden was an Extremist Leader with followers all over the world and many of them would die for him readily. Saddam was a tyrant that the Bush administration scared the american public to think that he was a threat, with very few followers mostly inside of his own country. The only people that cared about Saddam were the ones invested in his country (oil, contractors, and arms dealers). This is why they paraded his and his sons bodies around with no fear of repercussion(no threat).

Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, let me try to explain this one to you. Bin Laden was an Extremist Leader with followers all over the world and many of them would die for him readily. Saddam was a tyrant that the Bush administration scared the american public to think that he was a threat, with very few followers mostly inside of his own country. The only people that cared about Saddam were the ones invested in his country (oil, contractors, and arms dealers). This is why they paraded his and his sons bodies around with no fear of repercussion(no threat).
This still does not explain why we have seen pictures of other dead high-level Al Qaeda leaders.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
You don't have to have an actual body to have a shrine, so I don't buy that. They will still make one.
Well--it will be more difficult--and while they are building it--maybe we can find a few more.

what is happening with the mosque in NYC--hopefully nothing--hope some NYC'ers are reflecting

Good to see that the new building is coming along--it looked about 1/3 complete last night.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 AM

You know people it is one thing if you doubt the president and the various politicians, but how can you doubt the US Navy Seals? Their reputation is by far greater than the clowns in Washington. If this was a hoax their rep would be mud. That would not only tarnish the Navy's special forces but all of the others as well. So in one breathe some of you support the troops fighting for your freedom, but on the other hand some of the same people are now calling them a lair, just because you don't like the present administration? And wonder why people are always pulling out the "race card" what hypocrits!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This still does not explain why we have seen pictures of other dead high-level Al Qaeda leaders.
They don't have the same amount of respect as Bin Laden.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
I believe it's real, and I believe it probably happened pretty close as to the way we've been told. Are there other possibilities? Yes. But in this case, and I haven't even followed the news very closely, I think it probably went down pretty much the way they said.

Good point on the Navy Seals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies