Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 01:58 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times

Advertisements

Anyone "think" this is a hoax? I don't think anything. I know it's a hoax. Look people, when was the last time your (not mine) govt told the truth? Exactly. They never have. And now they are telling us a bit of information that is so important to so many people yet show not one shred of evidence but their own lying conniving crooked mouths which has a reputation of NEVER telling any truth.

When Saddam was hung, his dead body picture was bloated all over the world by every media outlet. Even the actual hanging video was broadcast. Now this govt is talking about they have DNA to prove it's him. Why do they need DNA if he was shot up? If his body was annihilated by being blown up then there is nothing but tissue pieces to identify. But that's not the case. Your own govt announced he was shot multiple times. Seems to me there is plenty of body left to photograph.

Any crooked govt official worth his salt would reep gobs of political clout by flaunting Osama's body all over TV, Youtube and other media. Where is the body? Where is the prize that offered $25 million for the capture? It is not muslim custom to bury at sea so that is a lie. Even if it was, Osama's body would be held by USA authorities till they can properly identify it before releasing it to family or whatever they choose to do with it.

Where is Saddam's body? It was returned to his hometown and birth place where he is buried the traditional way in the ground with his deceased family members. Why would the most wanted man on earth, Osama, be treated more secretly when his capture and photo of such would have been bigger news then his actual death?

People you are being snowed..............again!! For you Sheep who follow the brown hole in front of you, I feel for you, it must suck being a follower. For those who are with me and know the truth, we will be tomorrows leaders so raise your fist to show you are more intelligent and won't take what this govt tells the media to report to the Sheep.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It took a few days to get the DNA results for Saddam's sons. Remember when we were shown the pictures but they wouldn't CONFIRM it was them for a few days until the DNA came back?
You DO know that that was EIGHT YEARS AGO don't you?
Don't you think DNA testing technology has IMPROVED in nearly a DECADE?

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 02:02 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Anyone "think" this is a hoax? I don't think anything. I know it's a hoax. Look people, when was the last time your (not mine) govt told the truth? Exactly. They never have. And now they are telling us a bit of information that is so important to so many people yet show not one shred of evidence but their own lying conniving crooked mouths which has a reputation of NEVER telling any truth.

When Saddam was hung, his dead body picture was bloated all over the world by every media outlet. Even the actual hanging video was broadcast. Now this govt is talking about they have DNA to prove it's him. Why do they need DNA if he was shot up? If his body was annihilated by being blown up then there is nothing but tissue pieces to identify. But that's not the case. Your own govt announced he was shot multiple times. Seems to me there is plenty of body left to photograph.

Any crooked govt official worth his salt would reep gobs of political clout by flaunting Osama's body all over TV, Youtube and other media. Where is the body? Where is the prize that offered $25 million for the capture? It is not muslim custom to bury at sea so that is a lie. Even if it was, Osama's body would be held by USA authorities till they can properly identify it before releasing it to family or whatever they choose to do with it.

Where is Saddam's body? It was returned to his hometown and birth place where he is buried the traditional way in the ground with his deceased family members. Why would the most wanted man on earth, Osama, be treated more secretly when his capture and photo of such would have been bigger news then his actual death?

People you are being snowed..............again!! For you Sheep who follow the brown hole in front of you, I feel for you, it must suck being a follower. For those who are with me and know the truth, we will be tomorrows leaders so raise your fist to show you are more intelligent and won't take what this govt tells the media to report to the Sheep.
And Al Qaeda is in on this plot too right?

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM

13,626 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Obama's approval ratings were in the crapper, gas is almost $5 a gallon in some places; all of a sudden we take out this evil despot, yet no proof, no evidence whatsoever and he's been "buried" immediately, so no one can prove otherwise. Is there really any proof whatsoever that Bin Laden was really killed yesterday?
If it is a hoax, it could be a really costly one, in lives.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Lightbulb Keep your shirt on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Obama's approval ratings were in the crapper, gas is almost $5 a gallon in some places; all of a sudden we take out this evil despot, yet no proof, no evidence whatsoever and he's been "buried" immediately, so no one can prove otherwise. Is there really any proof whatsoever that Bin Laden was really killed yesterday?

My bet is that within a few days there will be lots of good evidence that you can ignore.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
So here's the lesson in that- how can we trust ANY photo put out by anybody, including, perhaps especially, the CIA/government? I knew of course that it was photoshopped as the 2 photos it was apparantly constructed from- (how real are they?!) can also be found.

The thing is that this whole "operation" stinks. Like everything, we will never know the whole truth.

Somebody above said that info wasn't out there about OBL being dead several years ago- it was. Bhutto, in an interview with David Frost talked about OBL's death- among other sources.
And what leads you to believe Bhuttos word is more trustworthy?

What about the operation stinks? There's very little long term political benefit of this, it's not close enough to the election to properly sway opinions in his favor.

As far as the authenticity of a photo; we've trusted photos before, and though photoshop has made photo altercation easier, it's not a new phenomena.

You look at the photos in conjunction with other evidence and the probable authenticity, but maybe most importantly, you look at the EXIF data. If the photo is real, it'll be evident by the EXIF data in the file.

Why news outlets didn't check this before they published I'll let them answer for themselves, but my guess would be that they were eager to be the first ones to publish.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It took a few days to get the DNA results for Saddam's sons. Remember when we were shown the pictures but they wouldn't CONFIRM it was them for a few days until the DNA came back?
here is a good article for you to read on the speed availability for DNA testing. While it is from last year it is accurate, Except that since the article federal law enforcement has approved the testing in many cases http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-10873706.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YES!

How efffing gullible can a nation be to believe, IMMEDIATELY, UNQUESTIONINGLY, everything the government tells them .

Too stupid to even ask questions...BAA BAAA BAAA!!!!!
Perhaps somewhere between blind faith and anarchy lies the answers...

Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post
I don't think he was buried at sea out of respect specifically for his religion. Because he was, after all, an "extremist" who didn't represent a true manifestation of the Islam/Muslim beliefs.

But, I can see us giving him a quick burial according to the Islam/Muslim beliefs and traditions.

Why alienate all the peaceful Islam/Muslim believers by not honoring their beliefs? Not all of them are the OBL's of the world.

I'm just glad he's gone, and I have absolutely no problem in allowing the God(s) of the Afterlife sort it out based on OBL's "religious beliefs".

Barry can disrespect 90% of America by fouling up Easter, but knows TOO MUCH about Muslim burial traditions.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
here is a good article for you to read on the speed availability for DNA testing. While it is from last year it is accurate, Except that since the article federal law enforcement has approved the testing in many cases http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-10873706.
post #110, as little as 2 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies