Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:03 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

killing osama bin cockroach, is like killing one cockroach in a infested hotel. many more just like him.. it took 500 billion dollars and over a thousand american soldiers lives to kill one cockroach. not to mention all the thousands of injured soldiers that have to live a handicaped life for the rest of their lives.!! does the death of this cockroach mean we will exit afghanistan?,>>> no.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Obama's approval ratings were in the crapper, gas is almost $5 a gallon in some places; all of a sudden we take out this evil despot, yet no proof, no evidence whatsoever and he's been "buried" immediately, so no one can prove otherwise. Is there really any proof whatsoever that Bin Laden was really killed yesterday?
i knew it was only a matter of time before the whackaloon conspiracy theories took root.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Obama's approval ratings were in the crapper, gas is almost $5 a gallon in some places; all of a sudden we take out this evil despot, yet no proof, no evidence whatsoever and he's been "buried" immediately, so no one can prove otherwise. Is there really any proof whatsoever that Bin Laden was really killed yesterday?
See, that's what you get from getting your "news" from a bunch of Rightwing political shills. Obama's approval ratings are hardly "in the crapper". The RCP average - which keeps track of and averages ALL the major polls shows that in regards to Obama's approval ratings the country is just about EVENLY SPLIT (46.7 vs 47.7) and that in historical terms his ratings have held up very well indeed. In fact, over the last 50 YEARS, EVERY President except for JFK has had his ratings drop lower than Obama has.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Secondly, your whole premise is pretty silly. If OBL isn't dead don't you think that he could EASILY release a new video proving that- which would make making such an easily proven wrong false claim a pretty dumb thing to do.

I swear, folks on this board REALLY need to use some COMMON SENSE.

Geeze!

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:

I'm thinking your post is a hoax, or maybe bought and paid for?!.....

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Anyway, it's great that he's dead, but there are thousands more like him ready to take his place.
Nothing is 'over.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
killing osama bin cockroach, is like killing one cockroach in a infested hotel. many more just like him.. it took 500 billion dollars and over a thousand american soldiers lives to kill one cockroach. not to mention all the thousands of injured soldiers that have to live a handicaped life for the rest of their lives.!! does the death of this cockroach mean we will exit afghanistan?,>>> no.
Yeah, but he was the HEAD cockroach - and we took his computer HARD DRIVES. Likely ALL KINDS of good & useful info on those.

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
this is the first evidence i've seen that photographic evidence exists.

Quote:
The body was photographed before being buried at sea, although no images have been released by the Obama administration.

The Associated Press: AP source: US used 'multiple methods" to ID body

Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
See, that's what you get from getting your "news" from a bunch of Rightwing political shills. Obama's approval ratings are hardly "in the crapper". The RCP average - which keeps track of and averages ALL the major polls shows that in regards to Obama's approval ratings the country is just about EVENLY SPLIT (46.7 vs 47.7) and that in historical terms his ratings have held up very well indeed. In fact, over the last 50 YEARS, EVERY President except for JFK has had his ratings drop lower than Obama has.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Secondly, your whole premise is pretty silly. If OBL isn't dead don't you think that he could EASILY release a new video proving that- which would make making such an easily proven wrong false claim a pretty dumb thing to do.

I swear, folks on this board REALLY need to use some COMMON SENSE.

Geeze!

Ken
I long since gave up on that. Just had to check in to see if the wing nuts were still just that and my faith in human idiocy has been sustained. Out of here and keep on keeping on my friend.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't think we'll ever know the truth.....kinda like not knowing why 9/11 was so convenient for the Bush adminstration and their plans to go to war in Iraq.

The QUICK burial at sea and the QUICK burning of the compound(if THAT'S true) sure make it look phony....
They burned the black hawk helicopter, not the compound, which caused an explosion. Burning black hawks is standard procedure in order to prevent the technology from being stolen.

They had to bury him at sea as they couldn't take him on a Navy ship and expect 300 sailors to keep their mouths shut.

Believe it or not, there isn't a conspiracy in everything.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I long since gave up on that. Just had to check in to see if the wing nuts were still just that and my faith in human idiocy has been sustained. Out of here and keep on keeping on my friend.
Well, nice to "see" you again - even if only briefly.

I have to admit I don't hang around here that much anymore myself either. The number of really stupid posts I see here all the time just erodes my faith in my fellow Americans too much.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies