Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Which government would that be? He was Egyptian, but had operated in Afghanistan for decades, then was found in Pakistan. It isn't that simple.
NO, not as simple as that ... but researching what you don't know can be as simple as taking 30 seconds to search on "Bin Laden Nationality", which would allow you to easily discover that he was a Saudi .... born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on March 10, 1957.

That's where his rather large family resides ... huge construction enterprise that does a lot of work for the US Government.

This information has only been reported in the mainstream news thousands of times in the past 10 years ... so I can see why you missed it

Old 05-04-2011, 01:24 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
I definitely think this whole thing was a hoax.

But then again, I'm convinced that the million or so "people" that post on city-data are really computer generated entries in an elaborate ruse to trick me into responding to them in a way that the "administrator" will be able to catalog me into their files for when the time comes to come to my home to suck my brains out of my head.

Not my blood! Not my blood!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I definitely think this whole thing was a hoax.

But then again, I'm convinced that the million or so "people" that post on city-data are really computer generated entries in an elaborate ruse to trick me into responding to them in a way that the "administrator" will be able to catalog me into their files for when the time comes to come to my home to suck my brains out of my head.

Not my blood! Not my blood!
I like John Lennon. Therefore, according to Big Brother, I am a communist. I was told I was open minded (yes. someone actually said that to me). Therefore, Big Brother has branded me a liberal.

Oh the horror!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Yes...there is zero proof...all there is is hear say. I want legitimate evidence.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
NO, not as simple as that ... but researching what you don't know can be as simple as taking 30 seconds to search on "Bin Laden Nationality", which would allow you to easily discover that he was a Saudi .... born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on March 10, 1957.

That's where his rather large family resides ... huge construction enterprise that does a lot of work for the US Government.

This information has only been reported in the mainstream news thousands of times in the past 10 years ... so I can see why you missed it
My oh my. What an incestuous world we live in...

Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Yes...there is zero proof...all there is is hear say. I want legitimate evidence.
Yeah. Good luck with that...

Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Not to me. Doesn't matter a bit! They are ALL crooks, and by virtue of the fact that any of them got far enough along to even run for office, I know they can't be trusted!!!!

I'm from New Jersey, where politician is a synonym for crook, so my outlook might be a bit more cynical than yours.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
Oh. I know this my queen. I have been comprehending what you've been posting. Rest assured, I address the partisan majority here that you do not appear to be in. I am from California where the politicians are...well...probably just like those in Joyzee.

BTW. Got any pull there in NJ? Can you put a stop to the Jersey Shore spin offs? For the love of God, Buddha, Allah etc?[/quote]

I think we have to make a deal with Satan/Beezelbub/The-Jinns-In-The-Camel-Pens to pull that off.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
The fact that they are not releasing pictures makes me skeptical. All the conflicting stories too. It wouldn't shock me if the whole thing was made up.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:36 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You're gonna whack your head leaping to assumptions that way. The details were conflicting from the first day. I did believe they killed Bin Laden, but I also know the press is going to go forward with whatever scraps they hear just to get viewers/listeners and worry about verification and accuracy later. I very clearly remember standing around an SUV with its radio blasting in lower Manhattan on 9/11/01 broadcasting that a plane had been flown into the Washington Monument. I also am pretty sure that a) there are details of this operation that we will never be told, and b) the WH will script the information they do release to put themselves in the best possible light. That's the way it works.

I also don't rush to believe every imaginary conspiracy idea that any schmoe dreams up and posts on the Internet. I'm pretty familiar with with just how many inaccuracies there are on 9/11 truther sites, and it's got zero to do with what the government said.

I feel bad that you've met stupid people who believe every word the government tells them. I've personally never met such a person.
OMG! Common sense! Surely the foundations of City-Data are crumbling! You're quite right...some information could jeopardize our military and intelligence gathering, and some will highlight the president's role in the operation. TBS, I don't see this as similar to the Pat Tillman case, and suspect that we'll be seeing the SEALS who accomplished this with such courage, and will hear what they have to say. I'm essentially a pacifist, but a sociopath like bin Laden had to be stopped. I think we'll be finding out new details for awhile, as they're declassified and released.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:38 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I rather suspect that the Saudis would not have taken him. They, along with the entire region, are dealing with a great deal of political unrest. Bin Laden's body could reasonably have been expected to be a lightning rod, focusing that political unrest. Certainly the Pakistani government would not have wanted that body. Even without a body, the place where bin Laden was killed is becoming a focal point, for tourism, for looky-loos, but perhaps also for political extremists. Afghanistan would not have wanted him. Its government is already precarious. His wives in Syria might have wanted him, but as Syria is brutally putting down a revolution, I'm sure they would not have welcomed the political complication. The only government that I think might have accepted bin Laden's body would be the Hamas. And that's not something any other nation (especially Israel) would have wanted.
Or .... A MORE REASONABLE assessment .... a proper burial at the direction of the Saudi Government, under the auspices that he was a Saudi national would have been viewed positively by the masses, and lessened the pressure on the pro-western Saudi rulers by extremist factions. But that would require utilizing common sense as well as requiring the actual body of Bin Laden ....and since he's been dead since 2002 ... not an option.

So they take some dead Pakistani, wrap him in a sheet, and feed him to the fish ... bada bing, bada boom, Obama got Osama.

Now, Obama claims that it's counter to US interests to release photos of Bin Laden's body. I guess he did learn something from that birth certificate debacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies