Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,924 times

Advertisements

Religion had this thread going for awhile and it was funny to see what others thought! I have a picture in my mind for most of the regulars here. How accurate am I and what picture do you have of others?

KAINTUCK - male, 30's, red hair
Toninole - female, late 20's, blonde, tall, not interested in being overly trendy
Nirvana Guy - early 20's, blonde, grunge (hey... with a name like Nirvana Guy, what else am I supposed to think?)
America Libertarian - male, mid-thirties, brown hair, well dressed
Cremebrulee - 20's female, short, short ash blonde hair
John 1960 - late 40's, male, someone who dresses meticulously
saganista - I go back and forth on the gender, but you're usually female, tall, very dark hair
Spunky1 - female, early 20's, short, blonde
sunnyhelena - female, 40's or 50's, reddish brownish hair, lively colored wardrobe
citigirl - female, brown hair, tall
Sweden - Sorry, I saw Rance's pictures!

I'm sure I'm forgetting ten people, but here's a start!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 02:12 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,729 times
I'll make it easy on you. pslOldTimer -- late 60's, white hair, white trimmed beard, glasses, unfortunate pot belly.
Attached Thumbnails
What do our Politics and OC regulars look like in your mind?-chobee1006-029-small-.jpg  

Old 07-28-2007, 09:17 AM

pslOldTimer - Great picture! You look just as I thought.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:55 PM

345 posts, read 203,495 times
Funny!!!
Fraid I'm Fifties,(look and act thirty, you were close), blonde to brown to salty,to receding on the hair. I suspect your clairvoyance was misled by my slightly red neck. (In a not ...unsophisticated way).
My calls:
Toninole is a bit older,probably 48- just thinks younger, strong independent streak, Jane Mansfield sophistication and simultaneously lack thereof, long legged, attractive, slender, turns heads when she walks into a room.
Nirvana Guy, looks a little like John Beluchi, clever, ladies man.
American Libertarian- Bet I can get this one right. Child of the fifties, like myself, was around when men were steel and ships were wood. Kind of guy you'd want on your side when the bar fight breaks out.
Saganista- Late forties, red hair, sort of a paunch, medium height, red beard, sort of a computer geek, maybe junior college professor, artsy fartsy, used to love drugs but suddenly quit.
Spunky 1. I'm in love with Spunky 1.Early thirties, hard working, strong family woman both parents and siblings and her own family. Small in height, 5ft. 4in. at best, short blonde hair, green eyes, starting to worry about the weight because she has always been small. Very health oriented.
SunnyHelena- Short brown to black hair, medium height, slender, sophisticated, wrong about just about everything.
Citigirl-Blond hair, medium length, attractive, wonders why she wastes her time posting here but is compelled to share because of interest in politics and a resounding disgust for leftist misguided. Married to a guy that drinks too much beer and watches too much football or maybe plays too much golf so she comes here for creative expression.
JCO-Late twenties, early thirties, JCO & I have a generational problem. Like so many of his genertion he accepts propaganda of people of my generation. Unfortunatley he has adopted the wrong side. Unfortunate, as he coulda been a contenda'. Don't recognize the rest of these folks you mentioned. Man I must be bored today!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:29 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,477 times
KAINTUCK!
[Citigirl-Blond hair, medium length, attractive, wonders why she wastes her time posting here but is compelled to share because of interest in politics and a resounding disgust for leftist misguided. Married to a guy that drinks too much beer and watches too much football or maybe plays too much golf so she comes here for creative expression.]

I am laughing so hard. You have me pegged and I am 5'6". My husband is the exact opposit of what you imagine. Never drinks, hates sports, does not play golf. He is a brilliant man that knows how to do everything and he wants to do it himself. My husband is 6'4". very handsome but not vain and he is also an amazing artist (just for fun).

Because of my interest in politics and a resounding disgust for the misguided leftist I had to find an outlet. My concerns for children and the leftist propaganda in the schools is a driving force or I would never be on any forums. My husband hates anything political so I cannot share my interest/concerns with him.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
Funny!!!
JCO-Late twenties, early thirties, JCO & I have a generational problem. Like so many of his genertion he accepts propaganda of people of my generation. Unfortunatley he has adopted the wrong side. Unfortunate, as he coulda been a contenda'.
LMAO! Well, KAINTUCK, I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Several people have called me a he, and I don't know how I give off such a masculine air! I am close to one of the age brackets you described.

I don't know why I thought you had red hair.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM

JCO, maybe it is because you have throttled me a couple of times for my posts and that authoritarianism I attribute to a man. Take it as a compliment if you can. Ifn you gonna dance with Kaintuck, ya better bring yore dancin shoes..
Actually I like to consider myself quite humble in life.Defiant as hell, but humble.I do have you figured as a moderate though and not a left winger. I should have checked the profile because we had a private discussion about our chihuahua's.(Have no idea how to spell that).
Anyways, I apologize and let's just say your a strong woman! I would put up one of these little faces but,- I can't figure out how to do it!
I have been considering that there is the distinct possibility that if any of us ever met there would be a beard where there wasn't supposed to be or something like that.
Love yu long time!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the clarification! I am independent; you're right about that. I was a die-hard Republican, but have learned that it's better to make decisions for each issue instead of following a party blindly. I think that both have gotten corrupt, and I see strengths in one party where the other is weak. Basically, I'm accused of being liberal just as often as conservative. I hope that doesn't make me indecisive! You've grown on me, KAINTUCK. I'll wear my dancin' shoes!

Old 07-30-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
KAINTUCK!
[Citigirl-Blond hair, medium length, attractive, wonders why she wastes her time posting here but is compelled to share because of interest in politics and a resounding disgust for leftist misguided. Married to a guy that drinks too much beer and watches too much football or maybe plays too much golf so she comes here for creative expression.]

I am laughing so hard. You have me pegged and I am 5'6". My husband is the exact opposit of what you imagine. Never drinks, hates sports, does not play golf. He is a brilliant man that knows how to do everything and he wants to do it himself. My husband is 6'4". very handsome but not vain and he is also an amazing artist (just for fun).

Because of my interest in politics and a resounding disgust for the misguided leftist I had to find an outlet. My concerns for children and the leftist propaganda in the schools is a driving force or I would never be on any forums. My husband hates anything political so I cannot share my interest/concerns with him.
I don't know, I just had you pegged for a corporate exec. living in a modern loft or something. Maybe it's the name...

Old 07-30-2007, 07:32 PM

I just did this whole rant and realized you were talking to Citigirl. sorry but my extensive work and ego make me have to post the following.
Until not too long ago I had two jobs. One of them I made money for the other guy, the other I made money for myself. Of course he got the better part of me. Grew up on a farm but we drove to it for our work, lived just outside the city limits of a very small town in Western Kentucky. The youngest of twelve, I joined the Navy just after graduation at the ripe old age of 17, -Vietnam and the rice paddies the alternative.
I Have very strong thoughts about patriotism and about this country being the greatest country on earth since the dawn of time. We are not without fault, but anyone that wants to check me on that ,better have his, her sh.. togeather or as Merle says, "You're walkin on the back side of me".

You haven't missed a lot there gal, doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Some of my generation complained about materialsim like it was the scourge of the West. I believe it is a good thing and makes the world go round. Like everything else though, one must consider moderation, what is enough? I have always believed that people that gathered money in a portfolio were a little on the pitiful side. Materialism is to make the brief ride go easy. Instead of investing in stocks, invest in yourself and in your enjoyment of life. That means your house, your business, your loved ones. Therefore it is not likely that I will ever be rich...but I am determined to be comfortable. I am not particularly smart, maybe a little savvy. I like the ne'er do well , as much as I like Mr. Successful, sometimes more. Often I find more character. That is because I believe all people of good heart and intent bring something to the table. I want to see all people do well. Not just Republicans not just Democrats...-all people. I am absolutely certain that this country provides the framework for all people to do that. All you have to do is get out of bed in the morning, go to work, do the best you can, persevere and in the words of Jesus Christ, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
I have worked both in the professional field and in the self employed field. Unfortunately I was never able to sustain the income I wanted -self employed, even though that is my first love and the recommendation I have for all people that want to be truly happy.
In spite of some of the folks I get really disgusted with here, I still love those people as Americans because they are truly among the greatest people on earth, though occaionally dumb as hell. Not intellectually, but oftentimes spiritually and more often analytically.
I also am an independent JCO, however the democrats have shown me nothing to vote for and never will until they come to the truth of the human dignity of the unborn, the right of working men & women to keep the money they earn, the value of charity over mandated taxation, the right of a man to defend himself in his own home. the right of a man to seek retribution for evil perpetuated against him or his loved ones or society as a whole. The responsibility of a country to promote a strong military to defend our ability to speak to one another tonight.
It is tempting and self engrandizing to say that I am a vanishing breed, but the young men and women in Iraq tell me that I am not. My personal sacrifices, though I believe worthy of respect, are not a grain of sand compared to those that I admire.
We are a people of greatness. We need to be vigilant that the greed of our system does not overcome the good that is the USA.
That is why I come here. It promotes sanity to say these things, even if I only have one listener. In reality, I have believed form my youth, you change the world for the better, one person at a time.
To have a chance of being successful at this we both teach and learn. Communication is the key. Without communication relationships fail, family,work,primary & secondary society fail without communication.
If I get upset with you it is not because I dislike you ,it is because I dislike what you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies