Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:17 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
This should be interesting to watch;

Gallup.Com - Polling Matters by Frank Newport

Gallup.Com - The Queue by Lymari Morales

Even a 7 point increase would surpass the boost he received following the assassination on Rep. Giffords.

So, how high can it go? 10 points? 20 points? Will he surpass Bush's 90%?
If Americans were smart. They'd realize that this news has zero positive impact on Americans well being --- if it is even true. Therefore it should have no impact on Obama's approval ratings.

I'm sure Obama is grasping at straws trying to figure out a way to get some of his supporters back and figured a strategy of announcing fake news like this might work....

However, IF it was true, how has anything changed? In fact if it has changed, it may have changed FOR THE WORSE. There may be BLOWBACK now. It could cause an INCREASE in terrorism as Muslims now probably want revenge against Americans that "killed Bin Laden" (if that is indeed how he died).

So keep this in mind. Even if there isn't any blowback. Unemployment is still just as bad; our freedoms quality and cost of living is STILL at an all time low. Food and Gas costs and utilities are at an all time HIGH. Nothing Has Changed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 06:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As one of those "right wingers", you don' know what you are tlking about.

W laid the ground work, O carried it out to the final conclusion.

Kudos to both of them for doing their job.

Most adults can put the partisan BS aside when something like this happens. The children will keep whining and crying.

It is a GOOD day for ALL Americans.
Well said..

Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If Americans were smart. They'd realize that this news has zero positive impact on Americans well being --- if it is even true. Therefore it should have no impact on Obama's approval ratings.

I'm sure Obama is grasping at straws trying to figure out a way to get some of his supporters back and figured a strategy of announcing fake news like this might work....

However, IF it was true, how has anything changed? In fact if it has changed, it may have changed FOR THE WORSE. There may be BLOWBACK now. It could cause an INCREASE in terrorism as Muslims now probably want revenge against Americans that "killed Bin Laden" (if that is indeed how he died).

So keep this in mind. Even if there isn't any blowback. Unemployment is still just as bad; our freedoms quality and cost of living is STILL at an all time low. Food and Gas costs and utilities are at an all time HIGH. Nothing Has Changed!
I believe it will have an impact on his approval rating of "Adults". But, of "Voters", the ones that are more in tune to the economy, it will have only a minor bounce.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Why shouldn't his approval rating go up? He did what Bush could not or most likely would not do.
Didn't care to do.

I saw a post earlier where it was suggested that President Obama should credit W with helping get rid of Bin Laden. It must really suck to be a republican today. I can't imagine how it must suck.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Didn't care to do.

I saw a post earlier where it was suggested that President Obama should credit W with helping get rid of Bin Laden. It must really suck to be a republican today. I can't imagine how it must suck.
Sure you can. Remember Nov. 2nd 2010?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:01 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Didn't care to do.

Why should it suck to be Republican? Im proud today as I was yesterday. Should we be not proud because some fools wish to politicize absolutely everything, including the killing of a terrorist most of us wanted dead, no matter who was in office when it occurred?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Hmmm, no. maybe a 5 point ratings boost, for a week or two. Big for Obama but not huge. There are too many other problems right now and Obama can't take much credit for this anyway. And its already being wondered if the political aspects of it were bungled, not the military operation. Or if it happened at all.
Bin laden was off the radar for a long time. Gas prices are high, food prices are climbing, unemployment is still high and might be getting worse, foreclosures are still a problem. If things were just barely getting better they might have stopped whatever recovery was going on. No, Obama won't get much out of this.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganto_2010 View Post
he's still a one term president thank god the most useless one iv'e ever seen in my life and the one that spent the most money and now we all have to pay for it including out great grand kids.
That would be Bush you're talking about. This would be a garden variety recession without the TRILLIONS or our tax dollars squandered in Iraq.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:53 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,558 times
Tonight, I am thanking God that Obama is our president and will go to sleep tonight knowing that I made the right decision when I decided to support and vote for Obama in the 2008 presidential election.

Good job Mr. President and Team!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
If something had gone wrong then Obama would be taking the blame - like Carter did with the failed Iran hostage rescue. If Osama wasn't there, if there were civilian or US military casualties, then Obama would be blamed. He could have played it safe and opted for an air strike but weighed the risks and sent US troops deep into Pakistan to attack an urban fortress. He is Commander in Chief, not a rubber stamper, and with that responsibility comes the blame and the rewards. The buck stops here.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies