Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,512,952 times

Advertisements

If Bush didn't invade Iraq and simply focused his attention on Afghanistan/Pakistan, OBL would have been caught long ago. We would not have spent trillions attacking a country that had nothing to do with 911 -sacrificing American and Iraqi lives in the process - and the US economy would be in much better shape today (the federal deficit would be lower). But because Bush was such an idiot, Obama had to come in and clean up the mess that was left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
NO, actually it took 8 years from the time the NY Times disclosed that the CIA was tracking Bin Laden's cell phone. He ditched it and went underground and started using the courier system.

And it took 4 years for the time when we found out who the courier was.

See how that works?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 AM

7,178 posts, read 4,744,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
GWB comment on bin Laden:
I remember that comment very well.

I must admit I did not remember Obama's campaign promise regarding his commitment to finding and killing OBL, so I googled it. Here's what I found

PolitiFact | Tracking politicians' promises

This link has a video:

Obama Proves Critics Wrong, Keeps Bin Laden Campaign Promise | Crooks and Liars

I tried to find a link associated with Fox News for those who only accept Fox, but I didn't find one right away. Feel free to dig up some more.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,707,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And it took 4 years for the time when we found out who the courier was.

See how that works?

I agree. We would have gotten him SOONER if the media were ON OUR SIDE.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times
Today's NY Times:
Quote:
Former Vice President Dick Cheney declared, “The administration clearly deserves credit for the success of the operation.” New York’s former mayor, Rudolph W. Giuliani, said, “I admire the courage of the president.” And Donald J. Trump declared, “I want to personally congratulate President Obama.”

Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,426,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
He didn't try to take credit genius. Do you read at all or look into anything before you start yapping?

I responded to the OP.

And you responded to me.

Genius...

Part of his audience?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Because it was the BUSH DOCTRINE and his policies that got UBL. Barry gets "credit" for allowing the intel programs to continue.
Oh yeah, the glorious doctrine that got us into Iraq under manufactured "intelligence". Please tell us how well that's going.

Bush Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

In case you have a bit of amnesia, Bush lost OBL in December of 2001 in the Battle of Tora Bora. Read all about it Battle of Tora Bora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

GWB's fixation was always Saddam and Iraq. That's all he ever cared about.

What "Barry" gets credit for is making a concerted effort to go after OBL after Bush declared he didn't care about OBL's whereabouts. "Barry" also went about getting OBL the opposite way the Bush administration handled Tora Bora.

Namely:

1. Obama did not rely on paid, bought off tribes to go after OBL.

2. Obama kept his mouth shut and did not tell the Pakistanis we were going in.

3. Obama used exclusively American troops to get the job done.

GWB never did anything with whatever info he got out of GITMO.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
If Bush didn't invade Iraq and simply focused his attention on Afghanistan/Pakistan, OBL would have been caught long ago. We would not have spent trillions attacking a country that had nothing to do with 911 -sacrificing American and Iraqi lives in the process - and the US economy would be in much better shape today (the federal deficit would be lower). But because Bush was such an idiot, Obama had to come in and clean up the mess that was left behind.
Very, very true.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
No, it took our military and intelligence 9 years to capture and kill OBL.
Thank you: I think there is plenty of credit to go around, starting 9 years ago: give Bush some credit, give Obama some credit and give the military a lot of credit!!!!!!

Nita

Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,409,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
This is an example of someone that's completely ignorant of the way our military operates. We've had special ops in Afghanistan and Pakistan for YEARS. Since 9/11. They've been focused on one thing. We send different folks to different areas to do different things. We do not focus on one thing at a time. Our military is so large and diverse that we're able to do that.

You make it sound like we've got a bunch of special ops guys just sitting in a room asking Bush "can we now? No? OK, we'll wait". This is either complete ignorance on your part or you being so blinded by your leader's halo that you're unable to use common sense. Probably a little of both.

Save the partisan rantings. Both Presidents have had operations running over there. But neither planned or executed this mission. They didn't say "NO" so we'll give them credit for that, but that's where it ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies