Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times

Advertisements

I usually have no time nor patience for conspiracy theory foolishness, but this story is simply weighted heavily with nonsense, gaps and items that simply don't add up:

1-high-quality DNA test are done in days, not hours, AFAIK. If someone else can prove differently, please link. The reports last night showed DNA confirmations were made just a few hours after the event, which I find hard to understand.

2-the mission objective was to kill, not capture - why? Why would Bin laden not be used as an intelligence source, a walking library of al qaeda info? It is one thing to have given the team on the ground the option to use deadly force if confronted, but the mission was a kill-set from the get-go, which makes no sense. Further, parading him chains, either in Gitmo or elsewhere under the US control of the US, would have been highly demoralizing to the al qaeda animals and the muslim filth supporting them. How could the US intelligence and military not have taken advantage of this opportunity?

3-the raid was conducted right next door to the Pakistani equivalent of West Point, how could the US team been able to operate for almost an hour without provoking some type of response from the pakistani military?

4-why would the body, if he was indeed killed, possibly be tossed over board? This would practically guarantee the formation of conspiracy theories, when the US government could have simply declared he "was buried at an undisclosed location." That would have at least kept the conspiracists at bay, with the potential for determining the location at some point in the future, and confirming the body was who they claimed it to be.

5-how could the NSA and rest of the intelligence community not have discovered a huge mansion and compound built 5 years ago, next to a massive pakistani army base? Simply using google earth one can easily see how it was such an anomaly compared to the surrounding buildings.

I am not prone to buying into conspiracy theories simply because I am anti-government, but this whole story seems very full of holes.

And watching the garbage media doesn't help, they seem to be avoiding asking, much less answering, any of these questions. Very frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Welcome to my world. Only I've had the same sorts of nagging questions around 9/11 since 2004.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
OMG...! Their still out there, looking for a straight jaket...

Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times
Look, as I said I do not buy into the other conspiracy theory drivel, that 9/11 was an inside job, JFK idiocies, etc., this is the first event of this kind I am questioning.

The major media have not addressed in detail a single point, particularly the time needed to perform a thorough DNA test.

These items can be discussed rationally without flying off the handle, assuming someone knowledgeable can explain them, particularly how a DNA test could be done in just a few hours, and why the mission would not have at least left open the option to capture him. We captured and interrogated KSM, which supposedly provided significant valuable intelligence - why would the adminstration not have at least tried to achieve the same results in this instance?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Yup!

Twern't no good reason to kill him.

How could any American think so?

Americans, on the whole, are a disgusting lot.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
I heard on the news that they wanted to capture him alive but it just wasn't possible once they got in there.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I usually have no time nor patience for conspiracy theory foolishness, but this story is simply weighted heavily with nonsense, gaps and items that simply don't add up:

1-high-quality DNA test are done in days, not hours, AFAIK. If someone else can prove differently, please link. The reports last night showed DNA confirmations were made just a few hours after the event, which I find hard to understand.
Quote:
To increase the speed of forensic DNA testing, scientists from the University of Arizona and the UK's Forensic Science Service built a chip that can copy and analyze DNA samples taken from a cotton swab. Forensic technicians can collect DNA from suspects by swabbing their mouth, mixing the sample with a few chemicals, and warming it up. The DNA-testing-lab-on-a-chip does the rest. The entire process takes only four hours at present but the research team is already optimizing it and reducing the cycle time down to two hours.
Rapid DNA testing technology to put a faster finger on crime

Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I heard on the news that they wanted to capture him alive but it just wasn't possible once they got in there.
Seals are pusssies!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:

2-the mission objective was to kill, not capture - why? Why would Bin laden not be used as an intelligence source, a walking library of al qaeda info? It is one thing to have given the team on the ground the option to use deadly force if confronted, but the mission was a kill-set from the get-go, which makes no sense. Further, parading him chains, either in Gitmo or elsewhere under the US control of the US, would have been highly demoralizing to the al qaeda animals and the muslim filth supporting them. How could the US intelligence and military not have taken advantage of this opportunity?

YouTube - Obama in 2008: 'We Will Kill Bin Laden, We Will Crush Al Qaeda'

Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Look, as I said I do not buy into the other conspiracy theory drivel, that 9/11 was an inside job, JFK idiocies, etc., this is the first event of this kind I am questioning.

The major media have not addressed in detail a single point, particularly the time needed to perform a thorough DNA test.

These items can be discussed rationally without flying off the handle, assuming someone knowledgeable can explain them, particularly how a DNA test could be done in just a few hours, and why the mission would not have at least left open the option to capture him. We captured and interrogated KSM, which supposedly provided significant valuable intelligence - why would the adminstration not have at least tried to achieve the same results in this instance?
Who is flying off the handle? What you do NOT know is that the very same gaping holes are in your pretty little 911 story you believe.

BTW, You have composed a list of GREAT questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies