Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

I am one who is simply incredulous when it comes to events like 911 and the plausability of what the government explanation is for many things. I tend to look for Motive, Means and Opportunity.....objectively. When I do that then elements of this nation become suspects as well. I mean, its like never looking at the husband when the wife is murdered. It makes no sense that we don't look "inside" for suspects to tragic events that are then used as pretext to do things that the public would not other have supported in a Democracy. I mean, there is plenty of history of such false or manufactured "Pretext", like the Gulf of Tonkin incident. People live under a false illusion of righteouness of this nation. Yes....we do good things around the world.....but we do bad things to.

I mean....release pictures? Was Osama wearing Body armor? I mean....when you shoot are you not trained to aim for center mass? It seems to predictable that his face would be disfugured to such a degree that one cannot tell conclusively one way or the other its him. Its also predictable that the body has been disposed of......then one could see if this dead body was 5'10 or 6'6...or check other know markings on the body that Osams was known to have.

This is all BS in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM

700 posts, read 638,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
FOXNews.com - Report: Bin Laden Already Dead - U.S. & World

Have a read. Bin laden dead and now came back to life to die a second time
Let's scrutinize the U.S. government and military's account of Bin Laden's death but take a Taliban leader's word at face value?

"Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader."
"When asked where bin Laden was buried, the source said, "I am sure that like other places in Tora Bora, that particular place too must have vanished."

Why should I believe the word of a Taliban leader?
What about all those tapes released by Al Qaeda after 2001 which shows Bin Laden speaking on current events?
Isn't it convenient that this burial spot "vanished"?
Why didn't other media cover this?
Why should I believe the Pakistan Observer?
Does this "Taliban leader" even exist?
A funeral of Al Qaeda's revered leader and not one Al Qaeda member steps forward to confirm this?
Why isn't there a video or any pictures of this supposed funeral?

Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Let's scrutinize the U.S. government and military's account of Bin Laden's death but take a Taliban leader's word at face value?

"Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader."
"When asked where bin Laden was buried, the source said, "I am sure that like other places in Tora Bora, that particular place too must have vanished."

Why should I believe the word of a Taliban leader?
What about all those tapes released by Al Qaeda after 2001 which shows Bin Laden speaking on current events?
Isn't it convenient that this burial spot "vanished"?
Why didn't other media cover this?
Why should I believe the Pakistan Observer?
Does this "Taliban leader" even exist?
A funeral of Al Qaeda's revered leader and not one Al Qaeda member steps forward to confirm this?
Why isn't there a video or any pictures of this supposed funeral?
The question you always have to ask is who or what has profitted the most from the "existance" of Osama and 911? I don't think that there is any doubt that Western Oil interest and US geopolitical interest have profitted the most by given the pretext for the expansion of imperalism.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
And then people like Strel think it's propaganda and a conspiracy theory to link to articles that say he was in really bad health and dead in 2001
No, I think your reliance on them is...severely misguided.

You call yourself the "unbrainwashed" but then seem to pick and choose what conspiracy theory you believe based on what you want to believe instead of the sufficiency of the evidence or reliability of the source.

It's funny.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Isn't beleiving the governments story or side also a conspiracy? When one does not have a means to bear direct witness to truth.....then are not all explanations a conspiracy? Someone give me one good reason why the CIA would not deceive?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
the story is changing. now OBL didn't have or fire a gun.

Osama bin Laden: US changes account of al-Qaida leader's death | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 AM

700 posts, read 638,023 times
"Someone give me one good reason why the CIA would not deceive?"

Considering, according to you, Bin Laden was the CIA's "creation" to justify the war on terror, wouldn't Bin Laden's death be disadvantageous to the CIA?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
I need proof, especially since the government is known for bull****ting us. A claim is worthless without evidence. The longer it takes to produce evidence, the more skeptical I will be of the evidence because they can manipulate it. It doesn't take a lot of effort to put a few pictures and or a videos up showing his body. Or better yet, they should have put him on ice and let the meda take pics of him in at a safe location.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I mean....release pictures? Was Osama wearing Body armor? I mean....when you shoot are you not trained to aim for center mass? It seems to predictable that his face would be disfugured to such a degree that one cannot tell conclusively one way or the other its him. Its also predictable that the body has been disposed of......then one could see if this dead body was 5'10 or 6'6...or check other know markings on the body that Osams was known to have.

This is all BS in my opinion.
Actually, at the level these special forces train, no, head shots are that for which they train more. Well placed head shots don't allow for any defense by the target. The brain is stopped, no raising of a weapon by limbs, no timely bleeding out, DRT .

The disfigurement will be at the exit of the rounds, not at the entry point. It is reported the photo will show a bullet hole over an eye, this should not be very disfiguring as at the point of entry. Think about the JFK photos....it was the exit point where the skull was blown wide open.

It has already been noted that the one photo released of officials reportedly watching the raid in "real time" has been digitally altered. http://www.thestreet.com/story/11101..._int=navtopics

Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Most people unfortunately, lack critical thinking skills and think because the government said it, then it must be the truth. Especially people who think the government should play a huge role in people's lives

Or the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies