Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He has a son that has made mnay appearances speaking against his father;so why kill anyone.
I remember his brother in Boston being interviewed after 9/11, also. At that time, he'd lived there and had a business for 20 years and hadn't seen Osama in that time frame, either.

It's easy enough to get DNA. How come so many people don't remember those long, sad lines of family members queued up to provide DNA from cheek swabs to the ME office in the days after 9/11 and bringing in toothbrushes and hair from combs that belonged to the dead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Nonsense, there is sources for DNA and why would the military conspire with the President on this?
Wouldn't there be consequences of Osama showed up on Obama later?

No, Osama is room temperature or less! :-)
Agreed.

I can't stand Obama but Osama is sharkbait. IMO.

OK Lets suppose. even if it isn't Osama. It was a hell of an operation anyway.

Like I stated right after Obama's speech. It really doesn't matter. Killing Osama was largely symbolic.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Oh-oh! What if the dead guy wasn't Osama bin Laden?

But here's the problem: Does the U.S. have actual DNA from Bin Laden, collected previously, to match against the DNA of the fellow shot in the face in Pakistan.

Good question.

If not -- and that would seem unlikely -- all that can be ascertained from relatives is a family relationship. The government reportedly has collected DNA from several Bin Laden relatives over the years, including a late half-sister in Boston.

But the terrorist leader did not come from your standard suburban family. In case you lost track over the years Osama is one of 54 children that the late Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden had with 22 different wives.
this is back to the comspiracy theory type again. NO one ever knows these things for sure, so what are we to do about it?

NIta

Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
LOL, if it wasn't Osama I am sure he will be delighted to make another one of his tapes thumbing his nose at America and the world. That would be great for him and he could not resist doing it.

If he is still alive and in a prison then good as well. He was stopped and he can rot.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The thing about the DNA. I know of no test that can be a determinant within hours if there was a DNA match. Anybody?

Doesn't this stuff usually take DAYS?
You know what, did not think about this, till you just brought this up, but this is a very good valid question.

The only thing that makes sense to me, is if they already had everything set up knowing they would kill Osama.

I believe if i am right it usually takes a couple of days.

Which if it does take a couple of days, now lets say, they did not already have things set up for the DNA, then there are many unanswered questions.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what, did not think about this, till you just brought this up, but this is a very good valid question.

The only thing that makes sense to me, is if they already had everything set up knowing they would kill Osama.

I believe if i am right it usually takes a couple of days.

Which if it does take a couple of days, now lets say, they did not already have things set up for the DNA, then there are many unanswered questions.
On the news this morning, a forensic pathologist said the actual DNA test takes 4-6 hours. They would already have the tests done on the relatives, so all that would need to be done is run the DNA of OBL and let the computer compare.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The thing about the DNA. I know of no test that can be a determinant within hours if there was a DNA match. Anybody?

Doesn't this stuff usually take DAYS?
Takes hours. Direct amplification from an un-purified sample.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

OK Lets suppose. even if it isn't Osama. It was a hell of an operation anyway. .
I'll wait for the unabridged video to be released.

The abridged version is scheduled for release October 2012.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
LOL, if it wasn't Osama I am sure he will be delighted to make another one of his tapes thumbing his nose at America and the world. That would be great for him and he could not resist doing it.
Would he have a conduit to Assange?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
What if the dead guy wasn't Osama bin Laden?

Then Osama will notify us through the release of a new video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies