Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,128 times

Advertisements

What if the moon is made of cheddar cheese?

What if the tooth fairy is real?

What if Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If the dead guy wasn't OBL, obama is in a world of hurt.
Does Bush get some of that "world of hurt" also then? Remember, this whole thing would not have come down had it not been for Bush.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The thing about the DNA. I know of no test that can be a determinant within hours if there was a DNA match. Anybody?

Doesn't this stuff usually take DAYS?
I know you know how to google.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:22 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What if the dead guy wasn't Osama bin Laden?

Then Osama will notify us through the release of a new video.
Unless he just keeps releasing videos for years after his death like they did for Tupac and Biggie Smalls... I mean they can always remix his unreleased work and add on an Eminem cameo.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what, did not think about this, till you just brought this up, but this is a very good valid question.

The only thing that makes sense to me, is if they already had everything set up knowing they would kill Osama.

I believe if i am right it usually takes a couple of days.

Which if it does take a couple of days, now lets say, they did not already have things set up for the DNA, then there are many unanswered questions.
The technology exists to get a complete DNA analysis within an hour.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
(quote) President Obama was watching on a TV screen as a commando gunned down Osama bin Laden. Via a video camera fixed to the helmet of a U.S. Navy Seal, the leader of the free world saw the terror chief shot in the left eye.

The Seal then carried out what is known in the military as a 'double tap' – shooting him again, probably in the chest, to make certain he was dead.

The footage of the battle in Bin Laden's Pakistani hideout – which played out like an episode of 24 – is said to show one of his wives acting as a human shield to protect him as he blasted away with an AK47 assault rifle.

She died, along with three other men, including one of Bin Laden's sons. Within hours, the Al Qaeda leader's body was buried at sea. (end quote)

obviously OBL wasn't blasting away with an AK47 assault weapon and wasn't using his wife as a shield.

what if a first report isn't true? which report do you trust?

it isn't stupid to ask a few more questions when the facts change.

that is what responsible journalists would do.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Unless he just keeps releasing videos for years after his death like they did for Tupac and Biggie Smalls... I mean they can always remix his unreleased work and add on an Eminem cameo.
Someone, somewhere is probably photo shopping a video as we speak.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
As we truly are, mere grains of sand, strewn along the beach of life, what would it really matter whether OBL is dead or alive?
Perhaps, he is still somewhere there in the mountains of Afghanistan, and his eradication is a gross, politically inclined fabrication,
how much differently will it impact our lives at this point? Would gas prices be lowered, I hardly think so. Would those people, like
Julian Assange and his wikileaks go away? The bullet that brought Osama down was probably lead based and copper jacketed but
in no means was it a magic bullet, his evil blood has already been transfused into a movement that will certainly not rot, as quickly
as his recycled corpse will. In those closed and darkened recesses of minds who've been inclined toward disbelief in our government,
namely, those who believe very little of what they appear to see, and none of what they hear, Osama in the flesh, will always be there.
For those who can see, that through death, he has been immortalized, much like Stalin or Hitler, that his evil seeds have taken root in soil
that seeks to overtake our principles, the damage has already been done.

What if it wasn't John Wilkes Booth who shot Lincoln or Lee Harvey Oswald who killed Kennedy. Like the full story of an entire 747,
flying into a 60 foot hole in the side of the Pentagon, or two of the largest buildings in the developed world being made to collapse under
the assault of 19 young renegades, directed by some bearded mountain man with an AK47 and a convoluted assessment of the American
way? Like the moon landing, whether truly done on the moon or staged in a remote terain like the deserts of Nevada, we'll never know,
we weren't meant to know, it's really not our business when the greater business has become the shepherding of us by those who have
donned the mantle of leadership as they guide us to the precipice of destruction, furthering their own causes, feathering their own nests,
stepping to endless drums of war while filling the coffers of their personal gain, while we, the duped masses, feed upon their every utterance.

Sleight-of-hand trickery has always been possible, probably most successfully performed to expectant audiences in dimly-lit theatres.
One only needs to look at the many advances that we've made in media presentation, those fantastic special effects like Kriss Angel levitating over
the Grand Canyon or Abe Lincoln, checking out his wife's fat butt in a Geico commercial, to understand that we, as a generation or two, of those
who've been fed the reassuring pablum of our supposed superiority as American people, we have come to believe it. Whether or not Osama is really
dead, wont have very much bearing upon my life, I'll still be redeeming aluminum cans, clipping grocery coupons, scrimping to pay my tax burden and
watching the illegal immigrants cross our borders. As far as psychological impact, I was moved to a greater level of excitement when I heard about
Michael Jackson's untimely death, and as a footnote, was just as unaffected.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Our satellite surveillance is so good I would think our people could get a picture of Osama walking around in the compound. I don't think the SEALS would go in and risk so much if they weren't 200% sure it was him.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
If the dead guy wasn't OBL, obama is in a world of hurt.
If it was Osama, then the sharks ate him by now ...after they threw him in the ocean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies