Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You're defending a truther. Would you defend an NFL player if he were a birther or a warmer?
Not that I am, but if I was?

Anyway, his naivete concerning the nature of the 9/11 attacks is not what I'm defending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 01:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Rooney responds to Mendenhall's tweets about bin Laden - NFL - Sporting News

Great. So I guess anyone who doesn't hate Osama with every ounce of their soul is automatically a Benedict Arnold.
He sounds like a Truther. I don't expect deep thought from NFL players.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He sounds like a Truther. I don't expect deep thought from NFL players.
It appears to me that most of his comments display more insightful thought than most people have given the issue. So let's not pretend that everyone dancing in the street as if Osama's body was hanging upside down from a nearby tree is the kind who would lend some deep contemplation on the matter.

In the excitement of the news, even I'm guilty of feeling a sense of joy about his death. But that feeling has turned more into relief. And as I'm watching the families of the 9/11 victims being interviewed on the news, I'm seeing that their comments are among the most civil.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
He's a grown man who doesn't need my help. My stance is how ridiculous it is that someone can come under fire for not adhering to groupthink. Personal tweets made into headline stories! But that is the world we live in.

The damn president of the Steelers organization even had to issue a statement, and there's even talk suggesting that he should be traded.
He signed a contract that prevents him from freedom of speech. He can quit football and sell shoes for a living, then he can say anything he wishes. Not while he is playing under a contact.
As far as him supporting one who states NFL players are similar to slaves, he is just very ignorant. Very few slaves were paid several million a year to pick cotton, and most slaves couldn't resign or retire and not go back to work..
Just another case of "The race card always works, so let's use it again...!!"

Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He signed a contract that prevents him from freedom of speech. He can quit football and sell shoes for a living, then he can say anything he wishes. Not while he is playing under a contact.
As far as him supporting one who states NFL players are similar to slaves, he is just very ignorant. Very few slaves were paid several million a year to pick cotton, and most slaves couldn't resign or retire and not go back to work..
Well, like I said, I'm not defending the man, nor am I defending everything he believes in. That slavery statement made by Adrian Peterson (it wasn't about race, and he's actually a real good guy) that he agreed with was obviously misguided, but we're dealing with this issue.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
I was at work and this known coward stated I want his head on a platter delivered to the WH. Its that kind of thinking by people who will never defend this country that makes it harder on the real men and women who do. One lady said thank you God which would have been fine if she didn't immediately make it to be a us versus Islam thing. These kind of statements don't help to change the mood of the average middle eastern who is not involved in the war. Oh well.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Awwwwwwwwwww ignorance is bliss! the beauty of living in AMERICA we each have our own opinions, no matter how wrong we feel another persons' view are.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post

You mean this tea party member was playing the race card. I didnt know that

Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,559 times
Quote:
I'll admit that his belief that the towers collapsing were caused by something other than being hit by the hijacked planes is a bit far fetched, but I can't say there was anything downright wrong about anything else he tweeted. His comments were very civil and respectful.
What was far-fetched about it? If people think that this dude masterminded 4 SIMULTANEOUS hijackings, took out 2 towers (admittedly designed to withstand far worse damage than plane impacts), and rammed a plane into the Pentagon that left zero evidence of a plane hitting the Pentagon (no seats, bodies, engines, black box) except for small pieces of scrap metal with only a team of imported foreigners who have only been in the US for less than a decade and without "inside" help then the unseen hand has succeeded.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:57 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,559 times
Quote:
It appears to me that most of his comments display more insightful thought than most people have given the issue. So let's not pretend that everyone dancing in the street as if Osama's body was hanging upside down from a nearby tree is the kind who would lend some deep contemplation on the matter.

In the excitement of the news, even I'm guilty of feeling a sense of joy about his death. But that feeling has turned more into relief. And as I'm watching the families of the 9/11 victims being interviewed on the news, I'm seeing that their comments are among the most civil.

Good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies