Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM

677 posts, read 933,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged

Mathew 7:1
How little you know. Who is more judgemental than Almighty God? He makes the judgement whether to send you to hell or heaven, correct? Since God made us in His image (personality traits as well) then it is by nature that we are judgemental now isn't it? And you're fooling yourself if you think you are not. You judge people on the regular, by the way they dress, conduct themselves, positions they hold, who their friends are, their grammar, where & how they live, & the list goes on & on.

Quoting scripture is correct, yet there are other scriptures that will reinforce my references, it's all in the book.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Wow, so much wrong with this post.

God is not against gays. Stop misusing the clobber passages that have nothing to do with gays. The Biblical authors didn't know what gay or homosexual meant.

God is not turning his back on America, God does not side with random modern day countries.

Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.

Jesus never said a single word about gays. He did, however, strongly criticize self-righteous conservatives like yourself. Something to think about.

Here's your 1st bible lesson:

Romans 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And there's more, much more from the bible. If you need lesson #2 hit me back.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2011 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: rude/discuss the topic, not other members

Old 05-04-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
A pedophile uses threats, force and violence, nice try.

Ya, I don't care what those other books say. Where did you get that God despises those who test his love? I never heard Jesus say that?
Chances are you couldn't quote anything that God said, since you like so many others haven't got a clue who God is or what He stands for. You go by what you "think" or how you "feel", but your feelings are the equivalent of those of a ant because you are not in charge contrary of what you think.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Homosexual doesn't exist in the Bible, Quran, or Tanakh - the word wasn't invented yet, nor did anyone have any conception of what it was.

There are only 3 same-sex behaviors that the Biblical authors would have been familiar with: rape, prostitution, and pederasty.
Wrong again. True, the word homosexuality doesn't exist in the bible but the "act" did & God refers to the act as a abomination. Now how much clearer does He have to show you His disdain. Try reading the bible sometime so you don't come across as foolish.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Wrong again. True, the word homosexuality doesn't exist in the bible but the "act" did & God refers to the act as a abomination. Now how much clearer does He have to show you His disdain. Try reading the bible sometime so you don't come across as foolish.
I've had lots of Christians tell me the Bible does condemn homosexuality. They tend to quote the Old Testament and talk about Sodom and Gomorrah. I've had lots of Christians tell me the Bible does not "look down" on or condemn homosexuality. They usually say things like the 10 Commandments never mentions it, none of the prophets ever addressed it, Jesus never condemned it, and then go on to explain that the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah have nothing to do with homosexuality whatsoever - that people who claim it does are translating it incorrectly. I've even had Christians tell me the Bible affirms same-sex relationships. They usually talk about David and Jonathan.

Frankly I don't care. Christian myths and the Bible play no part in my life. I don't pay them any credence whatsoever.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:12 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times
Quote:

Here's your 1st bible lesson:

Romans 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And there's more, much more from the bible. If you need lesson #2 hit me back.
You do know the bible wasn't written in King James English right?

Quote:
Chances are you couldn't quote anything that God said, since you like so many others haven't got a clue who God is or what He stands for. You go by what you "think" or how you "feel", but your feelings are the equivalent of those of a ant because you are not in charge contrary of what you think.
You sure like to bear false witness, I notice that a lot from those who are quick to judge others.

Quote:
Do you know for certain the act written about was simply gay sex? Read up on the practices of the day such as cultic temple prostitution etc. Knowing more about the times the bible was written may help you not be so judgmental and condescending, all things that aren't a good witness.

What does any of what you say have to do with government involvement in marriage?

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
who says homosexuality is unfitting of what god see's fit? who are you to judge the path of others? you got god on speed dial? or do you get that hateful little belief from one of those old rag books with middle eastern roots people like to reference so much?
god=great, powerful, all knowing,
bible=bull$hit written by man
jerks=people who speak for god

Well..........it's obvious where you get your teaching from:

John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Romans 16:17-18 [SIZE=3]ESV / 49 helpful votes [/SIZE]

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:22 PM

415 posts, read 449,662 times
WTF!? Are we quoting scripture now?!? If you want to post made-up things, there's a religion forum for that.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:25 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times
Quote:
Well..........it's obvious where you get your teaching from:

John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Romans 16:17-18 [SIZE=3]ESV / 49 helpful votes [/SIZE]

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
Find a verse that says marriage must be licensed by government.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Here's a good break down of the biblical references to homosexuality through the Patriarchal, Mosaic and Christian ages. Note the term arsenokoites (men who practice homosexuality), and malakos. It is described as vile passions and foreign skin.

Moral Issues Confronting Christians - Homosexuality

Also refer to -1 Corinthians 6-9

New International
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

King James
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (malakos), nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

See 1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders for all interpretations.
You are aware that 1 Corinthians 6:9 didn't add homosexual until 1958 right? And that from the start of the Reformation until 1958, it was universally believed to condemn masturbation?

Corinthians and Timothy - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

History of Arsenokoites - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Around 35 A.D., the Jewish philosopher Philo (a contemporary of Paul’s) held that arsenokoites referred to shrine prostitution (Philo, The Special Laws, III, VII, 40-42).

Malakos - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Early versions of the Bible in English translated malakos as a general weakness of character or degeneracy (weaklings, wantons); however, with the translation that was named for King James, the dominant translation shifted to effeminate, where it stayed until the mid-20th century. Thereafter, purely out of sexual ideology, the translation has shifted to particular sexual acts/orientation. There is no more evidence to support this shift than there was the earlier one to effeminate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies