Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wow, what an enormous twist of physiology. Is that actually supposed to be construed as a legitimate argument?
Did you not see the post I quoted? Of course it's ridiculous. Just as the argument I quoted was.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
A pedophile uses threats, force and violence, nice try.

Ya, I don't care what those other books say. Where did you get that God despises those who test his love? I never heard Jesus say that?
Obviously you really don't care what the Bible says either. I'll spare you and myself a twenty minute read.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Did you not see the post I quoted? Of course it's ridiculous. Just as the argument I quoted was.
Sorry, it was a gunslinger reaction to the words. I apologize.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Obviously you really don't care what the Bible says either. I'll spare you and myself a twenty minute read.
I don't care? What would cause you to assume that? I care a lot, I don't like seeing so-called Christians make my God look bad. I am a big believer in Grace, not works, something few "Christians" have a clue about.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
If it is so rare why did Obama do this? Obama extends hospital visitation rights to same-sex partners of gays seems like a waste of time for something that isn't the norm?
Why did Obama get us into a third war? Some questions just don't have answers. Like I said, it's the exception rather than the rule and Obama needs all the votes he can get at this point.

I think I'd rather see $3 gas and an end to the wars, but that's just me.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:42 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Why did Obama get us into a third war? Some questions just don't have answers. Like I said, it's the exception rather than the rule and Obama needs all the votes he can get at this point.

Totally. The civil rights and equal treatment under the law for historically oppressed minority groups to which I don't belong are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If it meant $3 gas and the end of the wars, I'd be all for re-enslaving the blacks.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
You can bastardize anything you wish and call it love. A pedifile could make the case that everything he does is out of love. Homosexual means just one thing in the Quran, Bible and Tanakh. God forgives through love, but despises those who test his love repeatedly, knowingly, uncaringly. Its one thing to sin and quite another to sin without remorse or the intention to change. You started this thread on sand.
Homosexual doesn't exist in the Bible, Quran, or Tanakh - the word wasn't invented yet, nor did anyone have any conception of what it was.

There are only 3 same-sex behaviors that the Biblical authors would have been familiar with: rape, prostitution, and pederasty.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:

It is about equal rights, not wars. I am for bringing all troops home from everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Totally. The civil rights and equal treatment under the law for historically oppressed minority groups to which I don't belong are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If it meant $3 gas and the end of the wars, I'd be all for re-enslaving the blacks.
I sure Hope that is sarcasm!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I don't care? What would cause you to assume that? I care a lot, I don't like seeing so-called Christians make my God look bad. I am a big believer in Grace, not works, something few "Christians" have a clue about.
You are saved by grace, but Jesus also said to keep the laws of God (Old Testament). You are the one who said you don't care about those other books, yet the Tanakh is basically a part of the Christian Bible. The Quran also uses quite a bit of the old testament as far as I know.

How many have tested God in the bible and paid a heavy price for it? David, Abraham, Moses, nearly all the Apostles. Grace is bound to repentance, asking for forgiveness. Jesus saved the prostitute and told her to go and sin no more, not go ahead and do whatever you want. By his grace she was saved from being killed, by her repentance she was saved for eternity. Do you believe you can sin without repentance or have grace without deserving it?

You say "Your God" like your God is different from Our God. Men make Christians look bad. It isn't Christians making God look bad. God is God. How we come to God is the variable. If you believe the only way to God is through Christ, then we agree. If not, then we don't. However you want to believe is up to you. I only hope that you believe in The God, and not just some god.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Not saying there equal but now many criminals are born every year much less future murders. i don't think god has anyhting to do with choice in behaviour really.The list could go on and on to child predatoirsetc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies