Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
How do we know if we killed the REAL Osama bin Laden? Because if we didn't, bin Laden would have sent a video of himself to Al Jazeera or youtube in less than 24 hours after the pronouncement of his death. For being America's most wanted terrorist, he was certainly a media w h o r e.
Unless he died a while ago, and was buried without an obvious marker, and the terrorists wanted everyone to think he was around forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The long form!!!
Signed by the attending, and TYPED on a TYPEWRITER, because you know you can just print any old thing out on a computer. Maybe handwritten would be better ....

Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
LEON PANETTA:
"I think there's no question that there were concerns and there were questions that had to be debated about just exactly question kind of impact-- would these photos have. But the bottom line is that, you know, we got Bin Laden and I think we have to reveal to the rest of the world the fact that we were able to get him and kill him."

Much to the dismay of the 'whackaloon!'-shriekers, no doubt...

Old 05-03-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
My point proven. There are those who will doubt every piece of evidence, no matter what, because they are neither scientists nor judges, and presume an answer before the evidence has been presented. There's no reason to appease them.

Show the pictures. Show whatever. Just don't expect to win over the doubters.
Sheeple, baa away. "Government is here to help you!" Right. Dream on.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
(also - do you have any idea how many old people are liberals and become more liberal as they age?!? I personally know dozens)
Yes, there are plenty of sheeple out there who stop accepting new information and "lock in" their liberal beliefs at about 4th grade. Luckily, not all of us.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
OBL did incalculable damage to the religion of Islam. He perverted it to his radical, murderous ways.

One of my daughter's good friends is muslim. She was happy, happy, happy OBL was killed. Her parents were as well.

Moderate, peaceful muslims I imagine are happy tonight.

But first, we need to see the proof.

This administration is not trustworthy and the more they delay, the more they CREATE dissent and doubt.
THere were even celebrations in Dearborn, Michigan where there is a huge amount of Muslims.

There are moderate Muslims.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Not everyone falls for the government line, and by the same token, not everyone automatically sees a conspiracy in every shadow.
You obviously haven't spent 5 years in the military and 10 working for government. If I told everything I know about the military, my whole family and I would disappear overnight. I'm probably risking a lot just telling the non-classified stuff at the top of the iceberg. But some people out there are willing to learn, and our government is no friend of the people.

It's true, there is truth out there. It is also true that EVERYTHING the public is allowed to see must fit the political goals of the administration in power.

Does nobody think it is interesting how this was timed? Say Obama actually was born in Hawaii (not that it really matters, since he was raised in places and with people that hate America), and his advisors told him to hold back the birth certificate until all those who would question why it wasn't produced were on record. Then suddenly he comes up with a birth certificate that he thinks will pass muster, valid or not. Suddenly all the liberals cry "See! The Birthers just doubt everything!" What better time to claim OBL has been captured? Anyone who says "where's the proof" is automatically lumped with the "birthers" who have just been "proven" wrong.

The result? Obama can claim a huge victory and get the political and slight economic euphoria of those who get high off of disposing of the enemy. Everyone forgets that the economy still stinks, government is still bankrupting the nation at a rate that we cannot hope to stop (let alone recover from), the dollar is fast being forced into worthlessness, the entire Baby Boom will be denied a large part of the retirement benefits they ALREADY paid for (but was spent by Washington on other things), unemployment is still insane and showing no signs of improving...etc., etc.

Yes, I doubt everything the government says when the news fits their purpose of making the people forget the important things. It is possible some of these things are true, and I don't say it's not possible, but probable? No. Not with everything I know about how government and the military works. No way.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
I've studied Government choreography.

It's a hoot if you have the stomach for it.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:00 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
The guy promised to end Bush's war-mongering. He increased it.

He promised to help the "little guy" and "tax the rich" instead of the working class. He made sure the rich their extra tax breaks, but no break for us.

He promised he was for the people, and against Big Business. Then he gave over a trillion in taxpayer dollars to bail out ultra-corrupt Big Banking, Big Insurance, and GE (among other super-rich entities). Again, not a penny for us working taxpayers.

He promised to fix (or at least improve) the health care expense problem. Instead he passed legislation which will cost over a trillion in new taxes in the decade (more in future decades since taxes kicked in before "benefits"), didn't include any cost-cutting, has already increased the cost of health care insurance drastically with much more increase to come, will make doctors much scarcer and cause huge waits with resulting health costs, and which preserved and increased the profits of Big Insurance and other health-care money-sucking middlemen. In effect, he negotiated away ANYTHING that would help the people afford health care or get it in a timely manner. Why? Because he wants BIG BUSINESS to help him get elected, and he knows they are much smarter than the sheeple who don't even notice they've been fleeced yet again.

The naivete of the sheeple never ceases to amaze me.
I love when the right wing argues that Obama isn't liberal enough...

Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Yes, there are plenty of sheeple out there who stop accepting new information and "lock in" their liberal beliefs at about 4th grade. Luckily, not all of us.
So, you believe that you have all the answers, that you are correct, and that anybody who disagrees with you is ignorant. Yet you blame them for being "locked in"?

Keep in mind that we've experienced, first hand, what unfettered conservative rule can do to devastate our foreign, domestic, and fiscal policies.

I hold many conservative values and disagree with much of liberalism, but believing that there needs to be a balance between the market and government oversight is far from saying government can solve all our problems. Your extreme views are simply unrealistic in the real world.

When you're older, perhaps you'll understand.

Last edited by Bluefly; 05-03-2011 at 09:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies