Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i wouldn't shower Bush with praise and credit had he been president when OBL was killed

I'm not saying Obama didn't do ****. He definitely had to authorize the mission, and I'm sure he drafted all sorts of possible responses (along with the help of aides and Secretary Clinton, since that's what they're there for) for possible outcomes (e.g. had the mission been a failure, or if they had killed civilians, etc).

But ultimately, most of the actually gritty work was done by the CIA and military, especially the brave SEALs.
So? What's your point? Reagan didn't do any of the actual gritty work himself, but he is credited with bringing down the Soviet Union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
And for what it's worth, a few days ago someone here blamed Obama for the death of Gaddaffi's son, and I put him in his place. I think one can certainly blame the President for getting us into wars, but for specific atrocities? No.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2011 at 05:28 AM..

Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Another thread by wingnuts designed to mock Obama by insinuating he didn't give the order to kill bin Laden. That he was "indecisive". Note that the link quotes an anonymous "insider" as the supposed source (translation: totally made up BS).

Wingnuts can't get themselves to accept that Obama - a black man that they look down on because they view him as inferior to them - can accomplish what Bush the idiot failed to do in 8 years.
Your "Giving the Order" argument is a fail:

Quote:
Panetta gave the order at midday Sunday for the joint special operations-military team that carried out the assault to raid the compound, the officials said.
US tracked couriers to elaborate bin Laden compound - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

Your race card is a fail ...

Maybe when the day comes that you can afford to move out of your Mothers basement, and look at this Presidency for what it really is, you'll understand why there are those of us out here that call it for what it really is.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
So? What's your point? Reagan didn't do any of the actual gritty work himself, but he is credited with bringing down the Soviet Union.
Except you could make an argument for that. And the info on Osama's couriers first came about when Bush was in charge. Both Presidents had a hand in bringing down OBL.

I've seen some idiots saying "YEAH OBAMA PULLED THE TRIGGER" no he didn't , Unnamed SEAL #x did.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2011 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: name calling

Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Your "Giving the Order" argument is a fail:

US tracked couriers to elaborate bin Laden compound - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

Your race card is a fail ...

Maybe when the day comes that you can afford to move out of your Mothers basement, and look at this Presidency for what it really is, you'll understand why there are those of us out here that call it for what it really is.
Your thread is a fail. Your thread is about you clutching at straws (like a blog quoting anonymous sources) to reassure yourself that Obama didn't really accomplish the biggest national security coup of a generation which the incompetent Bush failed at: terminating bin Laden. It's about your fear that Obama will be appropriately credited by the American people for his gutsy decision and that he will win reelection. LOL....with this achievement, he probably will. Tough luck.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Except you could make an argument for that. And the info on Osama's couriers first came about when Bush was in charge. Both Presidents had a hand in bringing down OBL.

I've seen some idiots saying "YEAH OBAMA PULLED THE TRIGGER" no he didn't you obtuse fool, Unnamed SEAL #x did.
LOL....you are putting up a strawman argument of your own imagination. I haven't seen anyone claim that Obama pulled the trigger. Get out of here.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Your thread is a fail. Your thread is about you clutching at straws (like a blog quoting anonymous sources) to reassure yourself that Obama didn't really accomplish the biggest national security coup of a generation which the incompetent Bush failed at: terminating bin Laden. It's about your fear that Obama will be appropriately credited by the American people for his gutsy decision and that he will win reelection. LOL....with this achievement, he probably will. Tough luck.
heh .. if my thread is such a fail, why do you come in burping your kool-aid colored remarks? Hmmm?

Big difference between common sense and fear .. your projecting your fear and disappointment in the "One" you voted for on to me is a "Fail" ..

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
LOL....you are putting up a strawman argument of your own imagination. I haven't seen anyone claim that Obama pulled the trigger. Get out of here.
uhm and I have seen it, but whatever helps you keep thinking he's the second coming of christ

Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
uhm and I have seen it, but whatever helps you keep thinking he's the second coming of christ
Stop lying. Where are the posts claiming that Obama pulled the trigger? Show us....I'm waiting with bated breath.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Well y'see this Internet thing is bigger than just CDF, so while I don't have any posts from here, I have seen a few on Facebook and Twitter. I'm not gonna pull up each individual one, I know I'm not lying and that's good enough for me, not really interested in satisfying the demands of a random person on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies